Operation: Tweet @verizon

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I would like for someone to please explain to me how this phone is delayed. I would like for you to tell me what the original launch date was, and what date it has been delayed too. Also Verizon issued a statement telling everyone the phone will be released sometime in November, it's now the 3rd of November so how is it delayed exactly? I think it's funny that you think making demands to Verizon would actually make them tell you anything. If I told you what else I thought I would get banned.

When I started this thread I never stated that they have 'delayed' anything. I just stated that I wanted a Galaxy Nexus. I was getting bored and was looking into things that we as a android community could do o make time pass a little faster. This is no attempt to FORCE verizon to do anything. Just letting them know that I am waiting for the device. Sorry if you took this the wrong way

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Also, yes lets get these in during business hours if you can, because I think it will make them notice a bit more...
I wonder what the rep who logs onto verizons twitter is going to think when they log on this morning...

"Hmmmm 1,000,000 mentions!!!! WTF???? EVeryone tweeting about this damn Galaxy Nexus. "

LOL

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree there's no official delay but there's certain to be internal delays not disclosed to the public. It happens all the time in in this industry. It's one of the major reasons why tech companies never like giving out release dates to the public until they are close to finishing and are 99% certain. If they turn out to be wrong then it's bad PR.

That being said, I'm still tweeting out to Verizon for a release date. Hey, you never know until you try...

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I feel bad for the HTC Rezound. It's like the fat girl third wheel or the red-headed stepchild of the 3 releases. You want to really make a stand? Let's show up at the announcement with tshirts of the Nexus that depicts the phone and a 11/??/2011 line underneath it. Maybe throw in one of those cool-dude twitter hashtag things like #areuseriousbro?

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I feel bad for the HTC Rezound. It's like the fat girl third wheel or the red-headed stepchild of the 3 releases. You want to really make a stand? Let's show up at the announcement with tshirts of the Nexus that depicts the phone and a 11/??/2011 line underneath it. Maybe throw in one of those cool-dude twitter hashtag things like #areuseriousbro?

This made me LOL..... good stuff

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Also, yes lets get these in during business hours if you can, because I think it will make them notice a bit more...
I wonder what the rep who logs onto verizons twitter is going to think when they log on this morning...

"Hmmmm 1,000,000 mentions!!!! WTF???? EVeryone tweeting about this damn Galaxy Nexus. "

LOL

They day before the official announcement, there was about 100 tweets a hour all from different people mostly if you used the search criteria @verizonwireless galaxy nexus. Of course 75% of them were talking about how they would leave VZW if the Nexus did not get released this time around. Those are the types of numbers you're going to want here to be noticed.

Yeah the Razr and Rezound do not stand a snow balls chance in hell against this device..........

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope they shock us and release the Rezound with 2gb of RAM and a quad core processor so I can watch the Nexus-haters have a specgasm, only to realize (with our help) that it's still gingerbread and Sense and it can't utilize said specs for s--t.

But then they'll reveal it has Corning Unicorn Glass and they'll buy it anyways.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
They day before the official announcement, there was about 100 tweets a hour all from different people mostly if you used the search criteria @verizonwireless galaxy nexus. Of course 75% of them were talking about how they would leave VZW if the Nexus did not get released this time around. Those are the types of numbers you're going to want here to be noticed.

Yeah the Razr and Rezound do not stand a snow balls chance in hell against this device..........

I think the Razr will do pretty well, but the Rezound may actually flop and I think Verizon has a feeling of this also, that's probably why they want to get it out first. Did anyone notice on the marketing chart that they only gave the Rezound 2 weeks of advertising whereas the Razr and Galaxy Nexus are being pushed through the holidays?

By no means do I think the Rezound will be a bad phone, but HTC really messed up by not having something major to differentiate itself. I mean it's a Thunderbolt with a dual-core. With the Razr being super thin and the Nexus being thin, with a huge screen and ICS, the Rezound really has nothing going for it. I love my Thunderbolt, but I'm tired of a bulky phone and the Rezound is just as thick as the Thunderbolt.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I mean it's a Thunderbolt with a dual-core. With the Razr being super thin and the Nexus being thin, with a huge screen and ICS, the Rezound really has nothing going for it. I love my Thunderbolt, but I'm tired of a bulky phone and the Rezound is just as thick as the Thunderbolt.

I hear you but, I don't necessarily have to have the thinnest phone. That's one thing I wish they would stop harping on with these devices but, I suppose it's what the consumers want. Whenever I watch a reviewer compare the thinness of a phone to others, it slightly annoys me because, there are other things I want to know about the phone.

Until technology advances more, it seems like when manufactures focus so much on how thin they make a device, they sacrifice other things.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I hear you but, I don't necessarily have to have the thinnest phone. That's one thing I wish they would stop harping on with these devices but, I suppose it's what the consumers want. Whenever I watch a reviewer compare the thinness of a phone to others, it slightly annoys me because, there are other things I want to know about the phone.

Until technology advances more, it seems like when manufactures focus so much on how thin they make a device, they sacrifice other things.

I never said that was the main thing I was concerned about. I mean if it was really that big of a deal to me then I would probably have gotten the Razr. The LTE Galaxy Nexus will probably be 9.5mm thick instead of the 8.9mm of the GSM version which is perfectly fine with me. My Thunderbolt is 14mm thick so anything under 12mm will seem thin to me.

Mainly it's just the overall bulk of the phone. Everyone may complain about the cheapy feel of Samsung phones, but I don't need a phone to be built like a tank or as heavy as a brick. I never drop my phone, so I don't need to worry about it breaking. My wife on the other hand has dropped her Revolution at least once or twice a month since she got it and it still looks brand new.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks like @VZWSupport is starting to reply back to tweets. Of course, they're just spouting off the standard... "We do not have a release date at this time. Sign up at..."

Well of course you have no release date at this time, I'm asking for one! :p

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like @VZWSupport is starting to reply back to tweets. Of course, they're just spouting off the standard... "We do not have a release date at this time. Sign up at..."

Well of course you have no release date at this time, I'm asking for one! :p

That is why I hate the idea of the whole "Galaxy nexus release date?' tweet. It's pointless and pasive. And that is the exact answer I would expect.

We need to tweet something more like this: "Give us the GNex release date today - or else we #occupyvzwstores"