11-05-2011 05:34 PM
112 1234 ...
tools
    Apparently there's a rumor the UK version is delayed until the 21st.
    Maybe to give the U.S. a 4 day exclusive? I know, I doubt it, but a lot of people have been complaining about the fact that Google is an American company yet they planned to release the phone to Europe first.
    11-03-2011 10:59 AM
    If you consider the advantages of having all the phones released for Black Friday, this release date makes more sense. A lineup of the Galaxy Nexus, Droid Razr, and HTC Rezound going into Black Friday is going to be huge for Verizon.
    11-03-2011 11:02 AM
    Apparently there's a rumor the UK version is delayed until the 21st.
    Interesting, I wonder why if that were true.
    11-03-2011 11:04 AM
    this doesn't go in line with the screen shot of the "samsung holiday portfolio" that we just saw. but common sense wise, this definitely makes more sense for verizon to release the galaxy nexus prior to black friday. i mean, why would they even dare think about missing that bonanza for one of their flagship devices.
    It makes sense, the galaxy nexus will not be advertized by Verizon when it is released, that is Samsung/Google's job. It will be advertised by verizon later in the year along with the rest of Samsung's products
    jokeefe10 likes this.
    11-03-2011 11:05 AM
    Makes sense to me. Google usually releases the Nexus in Europe and the US at the same time, or in the US slightly earlier.
    11-03-2011 11:10 AM
    It makes sense, the galaxy nexus will not be advertized by Verizon when it is released, that is Samsung/Google's job. It will be advertised by verizon later in the year along with the rest of Samsung's products
    that's a good point. Google is advertising the heck out of the Galaxy Nexus online with banners being on practically every single website out there. i mean, I even saw a galaxy nexus banner on a fantasy football website, haha.
    11-03-2011 11:14 AM
    While that is true that Samsung/Google are responsible for the advertising, it would be in Verizon's best interest to do so, as well. The best thing about this phone is how unique it is. Verizon usually only pushes their "Droid" line, but this is completely different from that and could be a good choice for those that were on the fence about Android/Droid before. A commericial highlighting the facial recognition/unlock feature and Android Beam (features that would appeal to the masses) could really make a difference and start getting the casual user to look at the Nexus.
    11-03-2011 11:15 AM
    While that is true that Samsung/Google are responsible for the advertising, it would be in Verizon's best interest to do so, as well. The best thing about this phone is how unique it is. Verizon usually only pushes their "Droid" line, but this is completely different from that and could be a good choice for those that were on the fence about Android/Droid before. A commericial highlighting the facial recognition/unlock feature and Android Beam (features that would appeal to the masses) could really make a difference and start getting the casual user to look at the Nexus.
    This is true however someone over at Droid Life made a good point. Most of the time the carriers don't advertise a phone before it's released simply because the average consumer will see a commercial about a phone and expect to be able to go to the store that same day and get the phone.

I never remember seeing a Verizon Thunderbolt commercial before the phone was out. HTC had that one that they showed all the time prior to it being out, but it wasn't Verizon.
    11-03-2011 11:18 AM
    Good goooooood.

Two weeks, if this is true.
    11-03-2011 11:23 AM
    You sure? I could have sworn they had that commercial from Verizon where it was locked in some pedestal and a bolt of lightning hit it on some rooftop. I now feel extremely stupid for even letting those words be typed by my fingers. On second thought, let's pray that Verizon doesn't advertise it period.

It'll probably be some commericial with monkeys in spacesuits using the Nexus as ping pong paddles and a ping pong ball with "LTE" on it is being smacked around. Oh and there will be plenty of lightning, too.
    11-03-2011 11:24 AM
    You sure? I could have sworn they had that commercial from Verizon where it was locked in some pedestal and a bolt of lightning hit it on some rooftop. I now feel extremely stupid for even letting those words be typed by my fingers. On second thought, let's pray that Verizon doesn't advertise it period.

It'll probably be some commericial with monkeys in spacesuits using the Nexus as ping pong paddles and a ping pong ball with "LTE" on it is being smacked around. Oh and there will be plenty of lightning, too.
    You don't need to feel stupid, I just really don't remember Verizon showing that commercial prior to launch. I know there were rumors about it possibly being shown during the Super Bowl or during some of the NCAA tournaments, but the only one I remember prior to launch was the HTC one. I saw that one probably once a day or more for a week and a half prior to launch.
    11-03-2011 11:28 AM
    verizon will advertise it, it is in their advertising roadmap, it will just be as part of the "Samsung Portfolio" and the ads won't be until December

You sure? I could have sworn they had that commercial from Verizon where it was locked in some pedestal and a bolt of lightning hit it on some rooftop.
    That is how they advertised their LTE network, they started that campaign before they had any LTE phones
    11-03-2011 11:29 AM
    11-03-2011 11:39 AM
    That is how they advertised their LTE network, they started that campaign before they had any LTE phones
    No no, the LTE ads showed lightning hitting a tree and leaving a USB stick there.

The first TBolt commercials were the ones with the guy running on the roofs connecting cables to a TBolt locked in a pedestal getting struck by lightning.

There was also that weird one with a spanish girl counting the seconds between lightning. That was before the TBolt released.
    11-03-2011 11:44 AM
    Typing the description to that commercial just makes you feel stupid, doesn't it? Ha.
    Stang68 likes this.
    11-03-2011 11:45 AM
    Hope its true!
    11-03-2011 11:47 AM
    No no, the LTE ads showed lightning hitting a tree and leaving a USB stick there.

The first TBolt commercials were the ones with the guy running on the roofs connecting cables to a TBolt locked in a pedestal getting struck by lightning.

There was also that weird one with a spanish girl counting the seconds between lightning. That was before the TBolt released.
    Yeah, I do remember hearing about that one (never actually saw it), but did it actually mention the Thunderbolt or was it just that and then a Verizon Wireless promotion or coming soon? Like I said, I never actually saw that commercial.
    11-03-2011 11:52 AM
    Yeah, I do remember hearing about that one (never actually saw it), but did it actually mention the Thunderbolt or was it just that and then a Verizon Wireless promotion or coming soon? Like I said, I never actually saw that commercial.
    Which one?
    11-03-2011 11:54 AM
    Which one?
    The girl counting between lightning strikes.
    11-03-2011 11:55 AM
    The girl counting between lightning strikes.
    New HTC Thunderbolt Ad Has Us Counting Lightning Flashes to a Release Date

Vid is now private but it promotes the Thunderbolt at the end.
    11-03-2011 11:57 AM
    New HTC Thunderbolt Ad Has Us Counting Lightning Flashes to a Release Date

Vid is now private but it promotes the Thunderbolt at the end.
    Well they screwed up on that given that it didn't come out in Feburary. Was this actually on TV? I wonder if the whole Thunderbolt release fiasco has made them more cautious?
    11-03-2011 12:01 PM
    One day we'll look fondly back on the monkeys/ping pong/LTE/Nexus commercial just like this.
    11-03-2011 12:03 PM
    I never bought a DROID because I thought I would get struck by lightning!
    Chad McRad likes this.
    11-03-2011 12:06 PM
    FWIW: I'm hearing from separate sources that the date isn't yet confirmed. They're still hashing it out.
    11-03-2011 12:08 PM
    This will work. Took off then too. I don't see what the big deal releasing all same day. Att is doing it on the 10th. 3 new phones releasing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    11-03-2011 12:08 PM
112 1234 ...