11-05-2011 05:34 PM
112 ... 345
tools
    I think it'll be after this November 17th date. More like the Black Friday Sale or right after that on the week of the 28th of November. I don't see VZW promoting this until the return periods of the other two phones are out 2 weeks + 1 day so folks can't return the Razrs and Rezounds!

You heard it here first!
    Heard it here first? Lol thats like the 1000th time someone has said that lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    scotty_pimmpen likes this.
    11-04-2011 07:10 PM
    I think it'll be after this November 17th date. More like the Black Friday Sale or right after that on the week of the 28th of November. I don't see VZW promoting this until the return periods of the other two phones are out 2 weeks + 1 day so folks can't return the Razrs and Rezounds!

You heard it here first!
    Absolutely nothing we have seen supports that at all. Of course the 17th is not set in stone yet, but I do know for a fact VZW is working on getting it out for the 17th. Of course they are Verizon though and could, you know pull a Verizon on us LOL.
    qnet likes this.
    11-04-2011 07:12 PM
    You heard it here first!
    I have actually heard that damn near everywhere.

If they were afraid of a new phone being returned for a newer phone, then the Rezound wouldn't be coming on the 14th.

Edit: ratchetjaw is a ninja :P
    11-04-2011 07:13 PM

You heard it here first!
    using this logic, verizon will be releasing the rezound 2 weeks + 1 day after the razr, oh wait they are releasing it 3 days later. Maybe they aren't too concerned about returns considering most people only use their return if there is hardware issues rather than keeping an eye on future releases right after they bought a new phone
    11-04-2011 07:32 PM

You heard it here first!
    Return windows are not important. As long as you stay with Verizon and dont return the device to switch carriers, they could give two poopies which Verizon phone you have or how many you return.

Edit: no swearing....
    11-04-2011 08:12 PM

You heard it here first!
    If they're just going to return it and buy a different Verizon phone why would Verizon care? You sign the 2 year contract and pay them for a device either way.

Also, they clearly don't care about stepping on other devices considering they're launching the RAZR and Rezound back to back.
    11-04-2011 08:56 PM
    Maybe the speculation is correct, that Verizon cares more about the profit of other phone sales and is putting the GN on the back burner, but isn't Verizon more concerned with making a smart phone sale rather than which smart phone? Isn't the majority of the profit from the next 2 years of monthly plan payments rather than the small profit at the time of sale? I would think they will be happy to sell a Razr, Rezound, or GN even if the GN provides slightly less profit at the time of sale.
    11-05-2011 01:05 PM
    Returned inventory cannot be sold as new. That means Verizon paid to warehouse the goods (aka "carry costs"), sold the goods and then had the goods returned. The manufacturer of the phone will probably buy the phone back from Verizon for a fraction of retail (to be used as refurbs).

It's a loss on Verizon's books. The contract is the most valuable piece for sure, but keeping returns low is also critical to maximize profitability.
    11-05-2011 02:00 PM
    Anyone in retail knows returned merchandise is a profit eating pain in the A$$
    11-05-2011 02:05 PM
    I think that the returns are where all the "certified like new" phones come from. Not a profit center for sure but possibly a necessary evil.
    11-05-2011 03:51 PM
    I think that the returns are where all the "certified like new" phones come from. Not a profit center for sure but possibly a necessary evil.
    Well and the "Certified like new" phones are usually only $50 off of the original price.
    11-05-2011 04:07 PM
    11-05-2011 05:34 PM
112 ... 345