Time to Ship?

fbomb721

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
How long would be a good guess as to how long the phone would take to ship if I ordered it the day it came out? From the latest leak, I'm going to assume it's the 17th (I'm not fully believing, just for the sake of the question).

If that's the case, and I ordered online, would it ship to me by the day before Thanksgiving? I'm at college so I am curious if I should ship to the college or home address?

I know it relies on speculation, just looking for opinions! Thanks!

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea because it depends on demand and what they have available. I'm still trying to assess if it would be better to just go to a Verizon store the morning its released and buy it. I'm eligible for an upgrade now as well as a loyalty discount of $50 off. So I'm hoping to get this phone for $249 bucks!!

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
kind of relevant...

when phones are released, is it usually only available through the carrier initially or could Best Buy have this at launch?

I would much prefer to be able to return it to Best Buy (not likely necessary, but still..) and get reward zone points than get it from Verizon, but not if I have to wait for long after the release

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
kind of relevant...

when phones are released, is it usually only available through the carrier initially or could Best Buy have this at launch?

I would much prefer to be able to return it to Best Buy (not likely necessary, but still..) and get reward zone points than get it from Verizon, but not if I have to wait for long after the release

I'm sure Best Buy will carry the device at launch. If I remember correctly, I recall seeing the device in Best Buys system a couple weeks ago. That would make one think they're going to carry it.

To the OP, why don't you just pre order it at a store?

Reactions: sneakking

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. Trying to figure out if I should preorder through telesales, and HOPE to get it a day or two early (or even the same day, the way recent preorders have gone) or if I should preorder/reserve in store and get there before they open. Only waited in line TWICE. Once on black friday for a 28" monitor at Target (picked it up for like $120 or something) that no one else showed up for, and the Palm Pre at best buy on launch day that only 3 or 4 more people showed up for. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of geeks around here especially since the big colleges are a couple stores away. My biggest issue is I work commission, out of a truck. Time is money, and being at the right place/right time is crucial :) I wonder if VZW would take offense to me making money in their parking lot while we wait for them to unlock the doors :p

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone how long until a phone becomes available on Amazon Wireless? (bought my previous phone at BB and the tax on retail price adds quite a bit)

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Didn't work that way for iPhones... Of course, I doubt people would be flocking at the stores the day before GN release - my point is the delivery on the launch date is not something guaranteed.

I preordered my iPhone from VZW the night it went up....got it a few days before it launched in stores.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if the Razr is going to be up for pre-orders, but if it is, it will be interesting to see if they get their phones before the 11-11 store date.

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
one other question-

i have a 50 dollar discount with my next upgrade, is that only in effect if i upgrade through VZW or could it be used through amazon

I would love to not have to pay tax, since it would add almost 30 bucks for me, almost negating the discount

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Last year when the Fascinate came out, it was free overnight shipping. I know that because I called the day before the release (they were taking preorders) only to find out that I was an hour too late to get it delivered on release day. No idea if that has changed, but I'd be a little surprised if it has.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke