11-05-2011 01:50 PM
51 123
tools
    It wasn't the LTE version, and it was 16GB. Like I said I didn't get to see any system settings, I wanted to see how much memory was being used by ICS

Screen quality - I'm the wrong person to ask since I think the whole Pentile debate is overblown, it looked just fine to me esp when looking at pictures taken.

Didn't test the led. I'm also curious if the led can change colors.
    11-04-2011 04:29 PM
    It can

er...so I've heard. *cough*
    Lazerz, bjs188 and Bearly like this.
    11-04-2011 04:32 PM
    If you've read other posts I've made you'll see I'm not defending them in any way for this. Nor do I think they deserve any empathy for the way they run things. Your comment is exactly what I was trying to address. I guess it came off different than I wanted. I just tried to play nice while typing it up cuz they make it so damn easy to troll their actions. They have a horribly inefficent system in place for the retail end of their biz which is why most of their major releases, and others, are often subject to hange. That is being showcased at the moment in their partnership w/ Samsung & Google on the SCH-i515. This release was scheduled to have an earlier launch w/ Verizon. No one should be looking towards anyone to blame but Big Red as why that was changed.
    Att is on the 6th, two of which are all new lte lol . Whats so hard :-)

Edit I quoted the wrong post lol
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    11-04-2011 05:21 PM

Screen quality - I'm the wrong person to ask since I think the whole Pentile debate is overblown, it looked just fine to me esp when looking at pictures taken.

Can you emphasize a bit more on the screen. After all, it's one of the major selling points being HD and 720P and all. Was it something to truly behold? Vibrant? Crisp?

Awesome?
    11-04-2011 05:46 PM
    Remember, the Nexus Galaxy is not expected to be a big seller because Verizon doesn't get any extra money for all their usual bloatware. Verizon doesn't care about the geeks because it is less than 1% of their user base. They are going to sell a ton of RAZRs and Rezounds. Also, since Verizon hasn't made any release announcements means the phone can't be late so saying Verizon doesn't know how to manage their releases is just your interpretation of a staggered release date. Quite frankly, after not having very much choice in high end phones relative to the other carriers I am ecstatic about getting three high end, dual core, qHD/HD screen LTE superphones. Just because each phone is not coming out according to your schedule does not mean Verizon is clueless (even though they may be). I think most of you people will pick up one of these and still whine about something. When the phone is officially announced you can start planning your purchases. As for me (I've been waiting since June to find the right phone) I will wait to all three are out and pick the one that best suits me. You should do the same.
    11-04-2011 06:50 PM
    Some of us already know which one suits us lol. The one we're waiting on, the Nexus, is the one that suits us. Probably why most of us could care less about the other phones.
    11-04-2011 07:29 PM
    Remember, the Nexus Galaxy is not expected to be a big seller because Verizon doesn't get any extra money for all their usual bloatware. Verizon doesn't care about the geeks because it is less than 1% of their user base. They are going to sell a ton of RAZRs and Rezounds. Also, since Verizon hasn't made any release announcements means the phone can't be late so saying Verizon doesn't know how to manage their releases is just your interpretation of a staggered release date. Quite frankly, after not having very much choice in high end phones relative to the other carriers I am ecstatic about getting three high end, dual core, qHD/HD screen LTE superphones. Just because each phone is not coming out according to your schedule does not mean Verizon is clueless (even though they may be). I think most of you people will pick up one of these and still whine about something. When the phone is officially announced you can start planning your purchases. As for me (I've been waiting since June to find the right phone) I will wait to all three are out and pick the one that best suits me. You should do the same.
    Ummm sorry but Verizons phone have been absolute crap for years now (besides the incredible and incredible 2) and the only device worth calling a "super phone" is the Nexus. It's pretty obvious the other two are aimed at the average everyday customer who just makes calls/texts browses the web and does dumb things like Facebook. Nexus is the only thing keeping me and many of others on Verizon. I guess maybe my standards are different than others or something... Whatever though to each their own right?
    11-04-2011 07:44 PM
    It's a shame that the Nexus goes to a carrier who clearly couldn't care less about it. Sprint has had the best Android phones and deserved to be the Nexus launch partner, but Google were possibly swayed by Verizon's name and marketing. I'm sure VZW is mad they can't cripple they phone with their usual crapware and charge us all extra to get a 'deluxe' version of the phone with pure ICS.
    11-04-2011 08:27 PM
    It's a shame that the Nexus goes to a carrier who clearly couldn't care less about it. Sprint has had the best Android phones and deserved to be the Nexus launch partner, but Google were possibly swayed by Verizon's name and marketing. I'm sure VZW is mad they can't cripple they phone with their usual crapware and charge us all extra to get a 'deluxe' version of the phone with pure ICS.
    Actually, Google wanted to launch an LTE version of the Nexus, and Verizon is their only choice for a wide-reaching LTE carrier. They didn't have a choice.
    11-04-2011 08:52 PM
    Haters gonna hate.

Its no fair! Verizon doesn't deserve it!

Hear it every day.

Well, how about this. If you cannot justify the carrier having it:

Verizon users deserve it.

We have never had a Nexus device. Everyone else has.

Are Verizon users less deserving than users on any other carrier?
    11-04-2011 09:18 PM
    Best phone....best network
    11-04-2011 09:26 PM
    Verizon users deserve it.
    Yes.

Verizon shot the pretty little unicorn named Nexus One as it was running to me, ready to eat the fresh green tender from my hands. They tried to make it better and replaced it with a robotic pony they called "DROID" Incredible. While great, it just wasn't the same.

The Galaxy Nexus is that legendary unicorn's grandchild.

Shhhh.... don't you worry, little GN. I'm here now... it's ok, I'll make it all better.
    Adrynalyne, qnet and jpbass7 like this.
    11-04-2011 09:46 PM
    Yes.

Verizon shot the pretty little unicorn named Nexus One as it was running to me to, ready to eat the fresh green tender from my hands. They tried to make it better and replaced it with a robotic pony they called "DROID" Incredible. While great, it just wasn't the same.

The Galaxy Nexus is that legendary unicorn's grandchild.

Shhhh.... don't you worry, little GN. I'm here now... it's ok, I'll make it all better.
    This is a man who is going to have it sleep next to him, on its own special pillow.
    Yadao likes this.
    11-04-2011 09:48 PM
    This is a man who is going to have it sleep next to him, on its own special pillow.
    Either that or checking these forums is getting to me.
    hyperdude likes this.
    11-04-2011 09:55 PM
    Actually they will share pillows, I believe...
    11-04-2011 11:05 PM
    No one said Verizon users don't deserve the phone. It doesn't need to be an exclusive. Launch the phone on all carriers and let everyone enjoy it! But greedy US carriers would never agree to this, esp having the same version of a phone.
    11-05-2011 01:05 AM
    I agree on all counts. Sadly, I never seeing that happen.
    11-05-2011 01:08 AM
    No one said Verizon users don't deserve the phone. It doesn't need to be an exclusive. Launch the phone on all carriers and let everyone enjoy it! But greedy US carriers would never agree to this, esp having the same version of a phone.
    You do know that Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile have the same versions of the Nexus S but with different radios/frequencies to work on the different networks right? The precedent is already there.
    11-05-2011 01:11 AM
    *Sorry, PureAndroid, didn't think my earlier post would end up derailed, so far off the OP. Last one from me in this thread, scouts honor, I've annoyed myself*

....Also, since Verizon hasn't made any release announcements means the phone can't be late…
    So you see Verizon issuing release announcements themselves months in advance, often do you?. NO, VzW allows the manufacturers to do that for them after the ink dries, so they can scapegoat the PR inquiries, referring it back to them. Samsung usually does announce when a phone is headed to VzW (SGN, Omnia 1, Omnia 2, among many others). Then VzW avoids the topic for months, until they officially release their own launch info. Hence, why every answer is met w/ a "stock" response when questions arise.

.... so saying Verizon doesn't know how to manage their releases is just your interpretation of a staggered release date….
    If you really don't have a clue as to why this particular month is a log jam release for them, that's unfortunate. Interpretation isn't the catalyst of my opinion that they are sloppy & inefficient, it's based on fact.

....Just because each phone is not coming out according to your schedule does not mean Verizon is clueless (even though they may be).
    I never had a schedule, it's not my plan. Only schedule I got with them begins the day they announce the release. As long as that happens, I'm good 2 go. Stating they're sloppy & inefficient planners does not indicate I feel they're clueless. That's downright foolish, they're a very powerful, successful company. That's what allows them to do what they want, as they see fit. I have a friend who worked for a few years as field rep. for VzW, who dealt with authorized retail stores. Some of things that popped up in discussions w/ him in the past. In this instance, his gripes about device management, left me puzzled w/ their thought process. I haven't seen them do anything differently that makes me think it's improved over the years.
    11-05-2011 03:52 AM
    *Sorry, PureAndroid, didn't think my earlier post would end up derailed, so far off the OP. Last one from me in this thread, scouts honor, I've annoyed myself*

So you see Verizon issuing release announcements themselves months in advance, often do you?. NO, VzW allows the manufacturers to do that for them after the ink dries, so they can scapegoat the PR inquiries, referring it back to them. Samsung usually does announce when a phone is headed to VzW (SGN, Omnia 1, Omnia 2, among many others). Then VzW avoids the topic for months, until they officially release their own launch info. Hence, why every answer is met w/ a "stock" response when questions arise.

If you really don't have a clue as to why this particular month is a log jam release for them, that's unfortunate. Interpretation isn't the catalyst of my opinion that they are sloppy & inefficient, it's based on fact.

I never had a schedule, it's not my plan. Only schedule I got with them begins the day they announce the release. As long as that happens, I'm good 2 go. Stating they're sloppy & inefficient planners does not indicate I feel they're clueless. That's downright foolish, they're a very powerful, successful company. That's what allows them to do what they want, as they see fit. I have a friend who worked for a few years as field rep. for VzW, who dealt with authorized retail stores. Some of things that popped up in discussions w/ him in the past. In this instance, his gripes about device management, left me puzzled w/ their thought process. I haven't seen them do anything differently that makes me think it's improved over the years.
    Verizon built a great network and customer service foundation and charged up the yinyang for it everything after that blows.There is a food chain and on the top of that food chain are the people making decisions that make no sense at all.Not sure if these guys just don't know what there doing or if its just a board of old rich men that care nothing about tech but they really need to release this fracking phone already take my money Verizon

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    11-05-2011 08:36 AM
    Verizon built a great network and customer service foundation and charged up the yinyang for it everything after that blows.There is a food chain and on the top of that food chain are the people making decisions that make no sense at all.Not sure if these guys just don't know what there doing or if its just a board of old rich men that care nothing about tech but they really need to release this fracking phone already take my money Verizon

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    They don't have to do anything... look at the nerdy hype this phone is getting with them literally saying nothing. The opposite side of things, look how quiet in comparison the razr and Rezound (vigor is so much better) forums are. They have to market the shi-ite out of those devices. In the end, they will sell better than the nexus (I hope I'm wrong, but I'm hoping 1st day buyers are limited so I can be in and out of the store in a couple of minutes).
    11-05-2011 09:05 AM
    As has been shared before.. the Lte version is the first that will be launched.. Verizon was the only choice for that network choice in the USA. ATT's LTE was a twinkle in their eye when this device was requested and with their historic network issues it would have hampered the launch..

But that doesnt mean it will be the only carrier to offer the device.. once the US launch is done there will be another carrier added at a later time. And there is always the full retail price/import market for those looking for HSPA+ model that works on ATT...
    11-05-2011 09:10 AM
    I find this post truely ironic... although i agree with the personal opinion, if any other user made this comment they would be warned for making a personal attack on another user, but because its a mod, well, its free rein.

Stay classy AC...
    Haters gonna hate.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    11-05-2011 10:57 AM
    Regardless of VzW getting the phone for their LTE network I do believe that it will launch on Black Friday at Best Buy for the GSM HSPA+ phones and VzW will be the only carrier that will personally carry the Nexus brand in their store fronts. I have a Nexus S now and I got it last November when it dropped for my birthday. The one thing I noticed overall was the amount of negative talk that Google received when they dropped the phone that could be used on T-Mobiles 3G/HSPA network.

I really don't see them making the same mistake twice. If they want to compete with Apple/iOS (which they do, otherwise why would they make an OS that works for tablets & phones) then they will do a major launch with all the carriers. And I believe Black Friday will be the major launch day because there won't be any other days from now until Christmas in which they can have a major sale discounting the price of the G Nexus.

I don't think any other carriers will be able to get a discount on the price of the G Nexus, but I strongly believe that the phone will be dropped in 2011 for GSM/HSPA+ version.

Either way, I've got a Nexus S and I've already rooted it and tried ICS but that didn't last long. I'll wait for the official launch and then sell my phone off for a pretty penny and just buy the G Nexus from overseas!
    11-05-2011 01:08 PM
    If VZW didn't care or want this phone, they wouldn't be launching it, nor would they have exclusive rights. You really thing Google would send their flagship phone to a carrier they new didn't care? Do some of you really believe that they would? VZW is launching 3 big phones, did you expect them to just release them all at once with no type of release structure?
    11-05-2011 01:45 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD