I get to try a Nexus tomorrow!

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't the LTE version, and it was 16GB. Like I said I didn't get to see any system settings, I wanted to see how much memory was being used by ICS :)

Screen quality - I'm the wrong person to ask since I think the whole Pentile debate is overblown, it looked just fine to me esp when looking at pictures taken.

Didn't test the led. I'm also curious if the led can change colors.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
If you've read other posts I've made you'll see I'm not defending them in any way for this. Nor do I think they deserve any empathy for the way they run things. Your comment is exactly what I was trying to address. I guess it came off different than I wanted. I just tried to play nice while typing it up cuz they make it so damn easy to troll their actions. They have a horribly inefficent system in place for the retail end of their biz which is why most of their major releases, and others, are often subject to hange. That is being showcased at the moment in their partnership w/ Samsung & Google on the SCH-i515. This release was scheduled to have an earlier launch w/ Verizon. No one should be looking towards anyone to blame but Big Red as why that was changed.

Att is on the 6th, two of which are all new lte lol . Whats so hard :)

Edit I quoted the wrong post lol
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Screen quality - I'm the wrong person to ask since I think the whole Pentile debate is overblown, it looked just fine to me esp when looking at pictures taken.

Can you emphasize a bit more on the screen. After all, it's one of the major selling points being HD and 720P and all. Was it something to truly behold? Vibrant? Crisp?

Awesome?

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Remember, the Nexus Galaxy is not expected to be a big seller because Verizon doesn't get any extra money for all their usual bloatware. Verizon doesn't care about the geeks because it is less than 1% of their user base. They are going to sell a ton of RAZRs and Rezounds. Also, since Verizon hasn't made any release announcements means the phone can't be late so saying Verizon doesn't know how to manage their releases is just your interpretation of a staggered release date. Quite frankly, after not having very much choice in high end phones relative to the other carriers I am ecstatic about getting three high end, dual core, qHD/HD screen LTE superphones. Just because each phone is not coming out according to your schedule does not mean Verizon is clueless (even though they may be). I think most of you people will pick up one of these and still whine about something. When the phone is officially announced you can start planning your purchases. As for me (I've been waiting since June to find the right phone) I will wait to all three are out and pick the one that best suits me. You should do the same.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Some of us already know which one suits us lol. The one we're waiting on, the Nexus, is the one that suits us. Probably why most of us could care less about the other phones.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Remember, the Nexus Galaxy is not expected to be a big seller because Verizon doesn't get any extra money for all their usual bloatware. Verizon doesn't care about the geeks because it is less than 1% of their user base. They are going to sell a ton of RAZRs and Rezounds. Also, since Verizon hasn't made any release announcements means the phone can't be late so saying Verizon doesn't know how to manage their releases is just your interpretation of a staggered release date. Quite frankly, after not having very much choice in high end phones relative to the other carriers I am ecstatic about getting three high end, dual core, qHD/HD screen LTE superphones. Just because each phone is not coming out according to your schedule does not mean Verizon is clueless (even though they may be). I think most of you people will pick up one of these and still whine about something. When the phone is officially announced you can start planning your purchases. As for me (I've been waiting since June to find the right phone) I will wait to all three are out and pick the one that best suits me. You should do the same.

Ummm sorry but Verizons phone have been absolute crap for years now (besides the incredible and incredible 2) and the only device worth calling a "super phone" is the Nexus. It's pretty obvious the other two are aimed at the average everyday customer who just makes calls/texts browses the web and does dumb things like Facebook. Nexus is the only thing keeping me and many of others on Verizon. I guess maybe my standards are different than others or something... Whatever though to each their own right?

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame that the Nexus goes to a carrier who clearly couldn't care less about it. Sprint has had the best Android phones and deserved to be the Nexus launch partner, but Google were possibly swayed by Verizon's name and marketing. I'm sure VZW is mad they can't cripple they phone with their usual crapware and charge us all extra to get a 'deluxe' version of the phone with pure ICS.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame that the Nexus goes to a carrier who clearly couldn't care less about it. Sprint has had the best Android phones and deserved to be the Nexus launch partner, but Google were possibly swayed by Verizon's name and marketing. I'm sure VZW is mad they can't cripple they phone with their usual crapware and charge us all extra to get a 'deluxe' version of the phone with pure ICS.

Actually, Google wanted to launch an LTE version of the Nexus, and Verizon is their only choice for a wide-reaching LTE carrier. They didn't have a choice.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

Haters gonna hate.

Its no fair! Verizon doesn't deserve it!

Hear it every day.

Well, how about this. If you cannot justify the carrier having it:

Verizon users deserve it.

We have never had a Nexus device. Everyone else has.

Are Verizon users less deserving than users on any other carrier?

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Verizon users deserve it.

Yes.

Verizon shot the pretty little unicorn named Nexus One as it was running to me, ready to eat the fresh green tender from my hands. They tried to make it better and replaced it with a robotic pony they called "DROID" Incredible. While great, it just wasn't the same.

The Galaxy Nexus is that legendary unicorn's grandchild.

Shhhh.... don't you worry, little GN. I'm here now... it's ok, I'll make it all better.

Last edited:

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yes.

Verizon shot the pretty little unicorn named Nexus One as it was running to me to, ready to eat the fresh green tender from my hands. They tried to make it better and replaced it with a robotic pony they called "DROID" Incredible. While great, it just wasn't the same.

The Galaxy Nexus is that legendary unicorn's grandchild.

Shhhh.... don't you worry, little GN. I'm here now... it's ok, I'll make it all better.

This is a man who is going to have it sleep next to him, on its own special pillow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463