11-04-2011 10:00 PM
34 12
tools
    I have a question. This will be my first Nexus Phone. Can you use a Micro SD reader with the Galaxy Nexus?

Click to view quoted image
    Probably not without root. I haven't tried it in a while but it didn't work with HC....using a mouse and keyboard works but not storage...
    11-04-2011 12:48 PM
    Probably not without root. I haven't tried it in a while but it didn't work with HC....using a mouse and keyboard works but not storage...
    Works fine on my transformer
    11-04-2011 12:53 PM
    I have a question. This will be my first Nexus Phone. Can you use a Micro SD reader with the Galaxy Nexus?

Click to view quoted image
    As of 3.1, you should be able to, as long as you have an otg adapter
    11-04-2011 12:57 PM
    The Galaxy Nexus will support USB On-The-Go like the Galaxy SII does, from what I've been hearing. If so, this will allow you to plug in a microusb cable and connect a flash drive or other device. Then anyone, myself included, wary of having only internal storage available can still backup data to external storage without having to deal with "the cloud". Personally, even with unlimited data, I don't want to be streaming my music collection all the time. Plus this method lets me easily dump tv episode etc onto the phone without having to plug it into my PC. Makes traveling even easier when I can just bring a few sd cards full of stuff with me and not have to lug a laptop. Still, I'd rather have the 32GB version of the device plus that option, at least for my usage, as opposed to being locked into the 16GB version of the Nexus.
    11-04-2011 01:13 PM
    No big deal for me. I've lost my files with SDcards going bad twice.
    If it has 32 GB, that should be plenty for me. I currently have an 8 GB card in my phone.
    I also use cloud storage. My tablet does not have a card either. I guess that helped me to be able to go without one.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    11-04-2011 04:23 PM
    Works fine on my transformer
    Transformer is not a GED. Without manufacture UI you can't plug a flash drive into a stock Xoom and expect it to do anything....at least Xoom's that get there Honeycomb from Google. Outside the USA maybe a different story with Motorola supplied HC.

Asus IMO is great at getting the rright tech into their Honeycomb...
    11-04-2011 04:45 PM
    I'm going to give Subsonic a try, thanks Asteroid.

I also like the USB On-The-Go as well. Definitely going to check out both of these. Thanks everyone!
    11-04-2011 05:01 PM
    I don't mind not having a sd-card if it has 32GB onboard. Even with 16GB - with the music I have - I could get by but, I just like having the extra space. I have the 32GB Iphone 4 and, still have 16GB left with 91 apps and, all my music even the old DRM ones.

When I load songs from Itunes to my android about 200 songs are not copied because of DRM so, that saves some space. I also have about 60 Android apps. Still, it would be nice to at least have 32GB of storage.

I'm thinking that the Verizon version will be 32GB because, if it's not; which version will be?
    11-04-2011 08:54 PM
    I will be looking into the Nexus Galaxy so long as there is a 32GB version coming to Verizon.

For me personally, 16GB is just not doable.

My concern is how much space will be taken up between the system and pre-installed/downloaded apps? With an SD card all apps can be stored on the internal memory and the SD card is free for backups, music and other media.

Also, with an SD card slot, storage as of now can be expanded to 64GB with micro SDXC cards that have been confirmed to work on multiple Android phones with a reformat to FAT32 (limitations and slower speeds are vastly outweighed by the fact that I can now have 64GB on my phone).

As far as the cloud, I see it as a perfectly suitable substitute for removable mass storage for pictures, documents, and the occasional movie. Unfortunately in my case, I enjoy listening to music for hours a day and plenty of times I'm in an area where reception is either poor or non existent e.g., convention center, subway, airplane. This makes cloud storage for me completely unreliable. Not to mention the most important fact--streaming content has a much larger toll on battery life.
    11-04-2011 10:00 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD