So both these articles say the S2 is better

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
tianoman, you must be new to Samsung and how speedy they are to update ;)

ICS certainly won't be seen before the Nexus has it for a while, and to expect it in the next three months is unrealistic.

Motorola and HTC update faster than Samsung does, and they are insufferably slow at times too. I will be shocked if even they come out with ICS in under 3 months.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
First of all, tone it down. We do not accept namecalling here.

Second of all, experience > specs.

Every time.

Third, why do you even care? Do you feel threatened? Jealousy? What? What is it that makes you want come into another thread to tout how much better the GS II is vs. the Nexus while berating others?

Would I have chosen a GS II over the Nexus if both were on the same network?

From a hardware perspective, yes if the GS II had a 720p screen.

From an experience perspective, not a chance.

2nd... this will be my 4th android device and first time beingvon a carrier with a nexus device. Having hacked all 3 android phones I've had to get that pure feeling I honestly could care less on how good the specs are on the gs2. As long as a phone has carrier and manufacturer bloat, it will just never have that tainted slowness. I, for one, am super excited and have waited over 2 years for this moment. I can wait a few more weeks.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the camera is going to be amazing. I was talking about just the overall quality of the pictures, not the features. Zero shutter lag is going to be extremely useful.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the camera is going to be amazing. I was talking about just the overall quality of the pictures, not the features. Zero shutter lag is going to be extremely useful.

You won't be able to compare the two phone cameras until they can be used side, by side and compared.

Retail hardware to retail hardware.

Until then, all anyone can do is speculate. Knowing that my Samsung Omnia takes better pictures than most 8mp phones out there; I am not worried.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
There is a pretty simple way to look at this. If Samsung had opted to simply take the Galaxy S II as is and make a few adjustments to it, would the Galaxy Nexus be better? More specifically, if they gave it the 4.65 inch curved screen (kept the resolution and sAMOLED Plus status), removed the hardware buttons, and added an LED notification...Would that make the Galaxy Nexus better once all carrier bloat and skins were stripped off and ICS was installed?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Would that make the Galaxy Nexus better once all carrier bloat and skins were stripped off and ICS was installed?

Sure. Cause it'd be the same hardware and Stock >>>> Touchwiz/Carrier-bloated crap. I'd still take the Nexus over the SII as is to not have to deal with Samsung or worry about developers finding a way to remove Touchwiz and the rest of the bloat.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
And 6 months from then, Nexus will be #2 to something. Such is the cycle of life...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Same with the GS II.

So...not seeing the point you were getting at. Are you thinking we should play the perpetual waiting game and just continuously wait for something better on the horizon?

Also, Nexus devices so far have been spaced a year apart. That means AT least a year of getting all the updates months ahead of time for other devices.

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Also, Nexus devices so far have been spaced a year apart. That means AT least a year of getting all the updates months ahead of time for other devices.

That's why I'm so excited to finally get a Nexus. Sure, it's fun switching to a new phone every few months but at the same time I sort of envy the iPhone peeps who only upgrade once a year. Their phone always gets the updates and then when a new one comes out, they can get it.

I am very excited to get the Nexus and then just look forward to new updates from Google until Holiday 2012 when (hopefully) Verizon releases the next Nexus.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
That's why I'm so excited to finally get a Nexus. Sure, it's fun switching to a new phone every few months but at the same time I sort of envy the iPhone peeps who only upgrade once a year. Their phone always gets the updates and then when a new one comes out, they can get it.

I am very excited to get the Nexus and then just look forward to new updates from Google until Holiday 2012 when (hopefully) Verizon releases the next Nexus.

Me too!

It will be nice to work on a phone that I don't have to hack first, as well.

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs Samsung Galaxy S2 - News - Know Your Mobile

[Compared] Samsung Galaxy S2 vs Galaxy Nexus; no surprises, S2 wins! | The DNetWorks

Hopefully I inserted these links properly.

Both of these articles say the S2 has better specs than the Galaxy Nexus, and is the better phone especially when the S2 gets upgraded to ICS. So is the Galaxy Nexus an upgrade to the S2 or more of the same just with a different design?

What do you guys think?

I can appreciate the articles except neither mentions the upgrades the T-mobile sports (1.5ghz, 4.5" ).And I know the naysayers will smack the processor saying this is acually a downgrade. I'll never know the diff unless I use both of them side by side...

Reactions: Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I can appreciate the articles except neither mentions the upgrades the T-mobile sports (1.5ghz, 4.5" ).And I know the naysayers will smack the processor saying this is acually a downgrade. I'll never know the diff unless I use both of them side by side...

I don't think anyone has ever said that Exynos was a downgrade. I know I didn't.

This I can thank.

Far cry from where you started:

Specs don't count? What? Since when? I'm sick of people trying to fault the S2 when there is nothing to back these kind of statements. It's the better phone. Except it and get on!

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
How do you know? What do you have?

Q: How do I know I won't have to hack on it?
A: Its a Nexus. fastboot oem unlock = unlocked device.

Q: What do you have?
A: An HTC Thunderbolt which had to be hacked to hell and back to get the same thing the above command performs.

Q: What about software?
A: ICS aosp will already be completely setup for it. Download, compile, flash. No ril issues. No compatibility issues.

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
How do I know what?

Q: How do I know I won't have to hack on it?
A: Its a Nexus. fastboot oem unlock = unlocked device.

Q: What do you have?
A: An HTC Thunderbolt which had to be hacked to hell and back to get the same thing the above command performs.

Q: What about software?
A: ICS aosp will already be completely setup for it. Download, compile, flash.

Will there be any bugs?

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Will there be any bugs?

Bugs with what? AOSP gets what Google sends to Nexus devices (which manufacturers also build off of). So can there be bugs? Sure. More likely to see bug fixes though.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan