11-07-2011 02:24 PM
33 12
tools
    Not really relevant, since hardly anyone with an upgrade available NOW would choose to get it anyway, but I just looked at that chart and it showed the Bionic as having 1 GHz dual core processor and 2 GB of RAM.....I am assuming the 2 GB of RAM is a typo, but you know what they say when you assume.
    11-06-2011 11:41 AM
    Not really relevant, since hardly anyone with an upgrade available NOW would choose to get it anyway, but I just looked at that chart and it showed the Bionic as having 1 GHz dual core processor and 2 GB of RAM.....I am assuming the 2 GB of RAM is a typo, but you know what they say when you assume.
    The Bionic has 1 GiB RAM and 2 GiB system ROM. Somebody misread the spec sheet when transcribing information to the chart.
    diesteldorf likes this.
    11-06-2011 12:24 PM
    if you ask me, it almost seems like verizon wants this device to fail. even those training materials make the razr and rezound sound way better (though we all know the latest version of android is the real star of the show) to the average consumer frilly terms like 'super slim, remarkably rugged' and 'superior sound with beats audio' sound more impressive than 'exclusive to verizon wireless.' in fact, if anything it makes it sound like nobody else wanted it. also, note that the rezound has mention of 'zero shutter lag' which i'm thinking is listed on the wrong device.

to you and I, the choice is clear, but to joe and sally schmo the other devices probably seem more appealing. hopefully they'll promote it better once the razr (and maybe rezound) is out. I really want it to do well so they have future nexus devices.
    11-06-2011 12:57 PM
    if you ask me, it almost seems like verizon wants this device to fail. even those training materials make the razr and rezound sound way better (though we all know the latest version of android is the real star of the show) to the average consumer frilly terms like 'super slim, remarkably rugged' and 'superior sound with beats audio' sound more impressive than 'exclusive to verizon wireless.' in fact, if anything it makes it sound like nobody else wanted it. also, note that the rezound has mention of 'zero shutter lag' which i'm thinking is listed on the wrong device.

to you and I, the choice is clear, but to joe and sally schmo the other devices probably seem more appealing. hopefully they'll promote it better once the razr (and maybe rezound) is out. I really want it to do well so they have future nexus devices.
    Verizon wants to push phones like the Razr and Rezound because they run skinned Android that offers SOME improvements over stock and a more consumer-friendly experience (since they're running over Froyo or Gingerbread, not ICS). The last pure Android phone on Verizon was the OG Droid. None of the rest of the DROID phones have come stock, so Verizon has been conditioning customers to like and want Blur/Sense/TouchWiz.
    11-06-2011 01:05 PM

Of course they want to push phones, which allow them to put all those bloatwares that make them money. Why do you think they have only been pushing Razr while even the announcement of Galaxy Nexus is nowhere to be found?

What Verizon wants:
    1) number of committed subscribers
    2) number of people purchasing their extra services offered through modified OS

Galaxy Nexus doesn't really help on either one, since there are already plenty of "hot" phones to attract subscribers. We should consider us (VZW customers) lucky they even offer this phone...
    11-06-2011 01:58 PM
    32GB for 299 is alot easier to swallow than 16GB. nice
    11-06-2011 02:32 PM

I would disagree with the above. The RAZR and Rezound show 3 bullet points while the GN shows 5. The "exclusive to Verizon" point clearly states it's the first with ICS! And bullet point 2 says "super slim profile" and 4.63 screen with true HD. Something that is not a bullet point for the other 2.
    11-07-2011 01:53 PM

I don't think they want it to fail, it's just not their flagship phone. I remember back when the N1 came out, T-mobile did not support it and, it wasn't until a bunch of complaints that they had a connection to at least steer you to tech support at HTC, if you had a problem.

At least VZW is acknowledging that this phone exist and, has it next to their other phones. t-Mobile at the time seemed to want nothing to do with the Nexus One, especially if you bought it full price like I did.
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-07-2011 02:24 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD