I remember reading somewhere that the Razr would be launching with a netflix app that allows streaming in HD. If this is a seperate or modified apk I hope we can get a ripped and working version of it for our nexus. I don't necessarily have issue with the current quality of netflix.. (it's a bit grainy on my 10.1). But damnit if they're giving an HD app to a phone with a qHD screen I really hope we can get one too.
    11-05-2011 09:48 PM
    I remember reading somewhere that the Razr would be launching with a netflix app that allows streaming in HD. If this is a seperate or modified apk I hope we can get a ripped and working version of it for our nexus. I don't necessarily have issue with the current quality of netflix.. (it's a bit grainy on my 10.1). But damnit if they're giving an HD app to a phone with a qHD screen I really hope we can get one too.
    The GNex is a "vanilla" android device. It's far different phone than what you're used to. It won't feature the absurd amount of bloat apps. Netflix is very unlikely to be a stock app. when you buy the GNex. You'll have to download Netflix from the Android market, or some other OMA, if you want to watch it on your phone. It has true HD resolution so streamed movies will be a great experience.

_
    11-05-2011 09:59 PM
    I don't think he meant stock app...I think he was saying that when we download Netflix to the Nexus, it supports HD streaming.
    11-05-2011 10:02 PM
    LOL???

Wow you've obviously mistaken me for someone else and greatly misunderstood my post.

I've had an og droid, incredible, droid X, thunderbolt, G2X, charge, bionic, Xoom, transformer, gtab 7 and gtab 10.1. Every single one rooted and rom'd. I know what a "vanilla" device is and I realize that I would have to download a netflix app. I'm talking about someone ripping and/or modifying the netflixHD apk from the Razr when it releases so that we can use it.
    11-05-2011 10:03 PM
    Hopefully Netflix is compatible with ICS in the first place. I'm sure Netflix is probably making sure it will be.
    11-05-2011 10:08 PM
    Hopefully Netflix is compatible with ICS in the first place. I'm sure Netflix is probably making sure it will be.
    I'm really hoping that HBO GO gets updated to work with ICS.. tired of having to use the browser version on my 10.1 and having it frame out whenever my connection speed is fast.
    jball8276 likes this.
    11-05-2011 10:12 PM
    I don't think he meant stock app...I think he was saying that when we download Netflix to the Nexus, it supports HD streaming.
    Thanks for making note of that, I didn't realize that obviously, so I appreciate you correcting the oversight.

LOL???

Wow you've obviously mistaken me for someone else and greatly misunderstood my post.

I've had an og droid, incredible, droid X, thunderbolt, G2X, charge, bionic, Xoom, transformer, gtab 7 and gtab 10.1. Every single one rooted and rom'd. I know what a "vanilla" device is and I realize that I would have to download a netflix app. I'm talking about someone ripping and/or modifying the netflixHD apk from the Razr when it releases so that we can use it.
    My bad, bro. It's not like I keep tabs on member backgrounds, or who wrote what, when, & where, before I post. It was an honest mistake, forgive me or shall I go prepare my cross & nails
    11-05-2011 10:58 PM
    How can a device that has a qHD screen have an app that streams HD content?
    11-05-2011 11:08 PM
    How can a device that has a qHD screen have an app that streams HD content?
    It can't because the phone doesn't support the proper resolution.
    11-05-2011 11:19 PM
    Netflix shouldn't be an issue considering the nexus has one of the HD approved chipsets

Netflix itself has said that the OMAP4 series CPU is approved for HD streaming, that was announced quite awhile ago
    11-06-2011 12:52 AM
    Hacked versions will come around rather quickly. It was a long wait but Honeycomb got a hacked version of Netflix months prior to an official release.
    11-06-2011 09:05 AM
    I'm sure it'll be supported from the get-go.
    11-06-2011 09:17 AM
    netflix as it stands now doesnt allow for HD streaming.. I get the same ole regular app. I am sure they are working on a ICS one but to be honest as long as it has taken for them to get the app on most devices on android I dont see one being ready at launch..
    11-06-2011 12:08 PM
    netflix as it stands now doesnt allow for HD streaming.. I get the same ole regular app. I am sure they are working on a ICS one but to be honest as long as it has taken for them to get the app on most devices on android I dont see one being ready at launch..
    Panda - while we have your attention (and sorry for a brief thread hijack) - do you have any indication as to the quality of the fortified glass Samsung used for the screen? People seem to be really nervous that it's not Gorilla branded...any idea?
    11-06-2011 12:17 PM
    its standard cellphone glass thats enhanced through some type of light coating...I thought it was the just because its curved but if they say its "enhanced" then ok...

This whole Gorilla Glass thing is overrated.. if you are putting a 300.00 device in your pocket with a bunch of keys/knives then its not the device for you.

but the fact is I have been using the device for months and nary a scratch.

its a non issue for anything but the most abusive people.
    11-06-2011 12:25 PM
    Apparently netflix's requires the device its streaming HD too to be "secure". Not really sure what that means but apparently the Razr will be one of those secure devices. Hence Motorola advertising it, whether its ready by launch of the Razr is a different story. However I watched a YouTube video on the Razr and the person displaying it didn't know if he had one with "the Netflix HD" and it appeared it didn't so he continued on with the demo.

So i dont know if that means it already ready or not.

Regardless devs will quickly port to ICS and the GN.
    11-06-2011 12:48 PM
    Not to further hijack this thread....but does anyone think it would be possible to run a hacked version of Motocast and Smart Device (or whatever it's called). It sounds like the market app Subsonic is similar to Motocast anyone and I know some will say, "If you want to run Moto apps so badly get the Razr

But, hey, some of those apps sound useful and, whie I'm not lusting over Blur, I know I'll have a vanilla phone with no skin....is it possible to cherry pick the best of what Moto has (and maybe HTC??? whatever they have) and bring it over to the GNex...I'm not looking for the carrier skins...just the apps themselves.

Heck, even though it would never happen...I'd even Install Facetime, Itunes, and Siri if I could, if only for the novelty and to **** off....joking my Iphone friends.
    11-06-2011 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD