Galaxy Nexus is the fastest phone on this chart!
    11-05-2011 10:22 PM
    That's pretty good, but benchmarks rarely represent real world performance. Good example is Tegra. I'm pretty confident that the Galaxy Nexus will perform great under normal use, especially with ICS.
    11-05-2011 10:35 PM
    I Looked at this chart. It compares SD read and write I guess that is SD card. Since the GN doesn't have an SD card I can't figure out what is being used to determine this score.
    11-05-2011 10:37 PM
    I Looked at this chart. It compares SD read and write I guess that is SD card. Since the GN doesn't have an SD card I can't figure out what is being used to determine this score.
    It doesn't have an external microSD card. It probably has some kind of internal memory device. They're using that one to determine the score. Internal memories often read faster than external ones so it's no surprise that the Galaxy Nexus is faster. I know you guys don't want to hear it but non-removable batteries and internal memory is the future. Non-removable batteries last longer and internal memory reads faster. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet that the next Nexus device will have those two features. An internal battery means nothing to me but to those heavy phone users it might be a deal breaker.

Oh, and if you're wondering how to do a battery pull, there are certain buttons you press to force shut down your device no matter what state it's in. My brother owns the i*hone 4 and this has only failed him once. But, then again, it is an i*hone
    11-05-2011 10:54 PM
    Yea it was showing off the the tegra 3 Galaxy Nexus score was a happy surprise.
    11-05-2011 10:54 PM
    I've heard before that internal memory is faster and uses less power, but this is the first time I've heard that an internal battery lasts longer. I'd like to see proof. Even if it is true, I need a replaceable battery for these reasons:

1. I carry a spare when I know I won't be able to plug in all day.
    2. At some point batteries no longer hold a decent charge and need to be replaced. I have stopped using phone batteries that were less than 2 years old which was before I was ready to replace the phone. I will not buy an iPhone or Razr for this reason. It's one thing to send an iPod away for a $65 battery replacement (way overpriced, by the way) but who wants to be without their phone for a couple of weeks while the battery is replaced?
    3. At work, we sometimes attend meetings where it is a requirement to power phones off and remove the battery to prevent spying. I know it's a remote possibility but I don't make the rules.
    11-06-2011 04:36 AM
    3. At work, we sometimes attend meetings where it is a requirement to power phones off and remove the battery to prevent spying. I know it's a remote possibility but I don't make the rules.
    Is this Robin? Has Batman always been that paranoid? Seriously, the lock screen just don't cut it, huh? I'm sure they have there reasons but it just sounds absurd to read that. Do they make you wear tin foil hats in meetings so the aliens can't use the bluetooth to read our thoughts.
    11-06-2011 06:56 AM
    Is this Robin? Has Batman always been that paranoid? Seriously, the lock screen just don't cut it, huh? I'm sure they have there reasons but it just sounds absurd to read that. Do they make you wear tin foil hats in meetings so the aliens can't use the bluetooth to read our thoughts.
    It's not absurd at all and quite common when dealing with classified information.
    11-06-2011 07:34 AM
    It's not absurd at all and quite common when dealing with classified information.
    Yep, I'll work in places where my phone is kept in a safe while MP's with M16's guard it.
    11-06-2011 08:27 AM
    I've heard before that internal memory is faster and uses less power, but this is the first time I've heard that an internal battery lasts longer. I'd like to see proof. Even if it is true, I need a replaceable battery for these reasons:

1. I carry a spare when I know I won't be able to plug in all day.
    2. At some point batteries no longer hold a decent charge and need to be replaced. I have stopped using phone batteries that were less than 2 years old which was before I was ready to replace the phone. I will not buy an iPhone or Razr for this reason. It's one thing to send an iPod away for a $65 battery replacement (way overpriced, by the way) but who wants to be without their phone for a couple of weeks while the battery is replaced?
    Leave your phone in the car or the office.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD