Galaxy Nexus Web Site Only Release on November 21st?

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Nexus Web Site Only Release on the 21st?

Perhaps this makes the most sense: yes, Verizon generally releases on Thursday. However, given that this particular Thursday falls on Thanksgiving, they'll release it the "w/o" (week of) 21 Nov. They're probably looking over the calendar for shipping and other logistical arrangements, perhaps even with other sellers like Costco and Best Buy. They'll need to have store prepared before Black Friday hits. My guess is on Tuesday, 22 Nov. It seems to me they're struggling with the close release of other phones (and potential cannibalization/OEM negotiations) in concert with the holiday season, specifically Black Friday. My $.02.

This had just come to me and you posted it first perfectly. Thursday is a no go, Friday is a mess, Monday is a good overnight delivery shipping day, so I agree that Tuesday makes sense. I guess that w/o gives Verizon some cover if something screws up by a day or two. Maybe they don't want a tweet operation "liar liar pants on fire"

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Can anyone tell me what verizon gains from these nexus shenanigans?

What "shenanigans"? All I see is a bunch of people making assumptions and, in the process, starting rumors and pissing themselves off.

The only official word is that the Galaxy Nexus is officially announced to be released by the end of the year. Anything else is unofficial, rumor, and assumption.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

I could see this Web only thing happening.

Verizon probably agreed to sell it on the Web only since it has no bloatware on it.

No Bloat, branding, Nothing, Whats the point of having it in the store?

mrmurdstone

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Shennanigans: like verizon foregoing the galaxy s2 specifically for exclusive release of the nexus snag then all but boycotting the nexus hong kong intro. Like verizon giving definite release dates to the two locked down bloat ridden phones premiering in november and nothing for the nexus. You know, head scratchers like that.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I think this whole thing is BS and I'll instead wait to see if that source that gave us that last leak is right and they send everything out on the 15th to be launched on the 17th. Only if that gets proven to be wrong will I care about this week of/web only nonsense.

Reactions: kath00

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Shennanigans: like verizon foregoing the galaxy s2 specifically for exclusive release of the nexus snag then all but boycotting the nexus hong kong intro. Like verizon giving definite release dates to the two locked down bloat ridden phones premiering in november and nothing for the nexus. You know, head scratchers like that.

Hmm. None of that is a big deal. Sounds like you have some entitlement issues.

Reactions: crzycrkr

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

And based on this you know 100% that this is all VZW's fault? So you are 100% Samsung was able to give VZW the amount of phones by the time they needed to release earlier? I mean there are some places in Europe that aren't able to release on the 17th because of not having the phone in time.

Hmm. None of that is a big deal. Sounds like you have some entitlement issues.

Exactly

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

And based on this you know 100% that this is all VZW's fault? So you are 100% Samsung was able to give VZW the amount of phones by the time they needed to release earlier?

We have heard from good sources that the whatever issue there is with the date it's not a supply issue. It's not Samsung. The ball is entirely in Verizon's court right now.

Reactions: TuxDotKing

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

We have heard from good sources that the whatever issue there is with the date it's not a supply issue. It's not Samsung. The ball is entirely in Verizon's court right now.

Link?

And by that I mean I haven't read that specifically

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

I think it's the tweets from Panda (black_man_x), who works for google and is thought to be a credible source of info...

Katherine

Yep, he's been the best source (along with Phil) for the past three months on this phone.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't a new "week" start on Sunday usually?

If it were "Week of" then wouldn't it make more sense to say the: w/o the 20th? It may make more sense then to see that "w/o" in Verizon's eyes means "website only." I mean look how weird Verizon is anyways with this launch and someone of their antics in general. Verizon's headquarters are probably in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle and the release date for this Nexus phone is being determined by Bigfoot and the Lochness Monster.

Anyways. "Week of" is still extremely shotty. It's still not an exact date. Go figure.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Web only probably helps keep shipping costs down since they only need a display model in the store

Sent from my ADR6400L

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I think it's the tweets from Panda (black_man_x), who works for google and is thought to be a credible source of info...

Katherine

Ok had to read way to much about this guy back to 10/28 to see that he mentions the phone is ready just waiting on VZW.

Now I'm curious what the delay was for. Was it VZW saying Google you postponed your announcement and we have to postpone your release?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

This whole thing is just weird all the way around. I really don't have a issue with it being available on the web because, that's how I was going to buy it anyway, I just wish we could find out something official.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Now I'm curious what the delay was for. Was it VZW saying Google you postponed your announcement and we have to postpone your release?

Seems clear to me. Verizon has more invested in the Razr and they don't want to crowd the release. I don't think the announcement had anything to do with it.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
This is getting stupid really. Release the dam phone. If its web only may as well do it now. W/o 21st will turn into a shipping nightmare. For one they will take 2days approving/preparing shipment/shipping, then tracking number.
By that time no shipping due to Thanksgiving. Then Into the weekend and still no package lol. I have been down this road before.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

This is getting stupid really. Release the dam phone. If its web only may as well do it now. W/o 21st will turn into a shipping nightmare. For one they will take 2days approving/preparing shipment/shipping, then tracking number.
By that time no shipping due to Thanksgiving. Then Into the weekend and still no package lol. I have been down this road before.

I'll pay extra to have the damn thing shipped overnight.......do you think this will be an option?

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Seems clear to me. Verizon has more invested in the Razr and they don't want to crowd the release. I don't think the announcement had anything to do with it.

Ah so back to where this conversation started, why are we blaming VZW for this? If they have so much invested in the Razr, do we blame them for stretching out the release od a phone that won't have the same commercial appeal?

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I'll pay extra to have the damn thing shipped overnight.......do you think this will be an option?

Oh yeah most likely. They have before. Its the whole order process. It will be swamped and if history serves right take at least a day so even overnight would be Wednesday if we are lucky

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance