Hey y'all. I've got unlimited data on Verizon from my OG Droid; to keep it, would I have to buy the Galaxy Nexus off-contract or can I still be grandfathered in while only paying the upgrade price?
    11-06-2011 12:35 PM
    Hey y'all. I've got unlimited data on Verizon from my OG Droid; to keep it, would I have to buy the Galaxy Nexus off-contract or can I still be grandfathered in while only paying the upgrade price?
    You'll be grandfathered in.
    11-06-2011 12:40 PM
    pretty sure your be grandfathered unless they try to pull something on you
    11-06-2011 12:44 PM
    you'll be grandfathered in, i've asked about a dozen reps from several stores and got the same answer. if you're really paranoid you can ask very thorough questions before signing anything.
    11-06-2011 01:00 PM
    Just dont ever for some odd reason activate a dumb phone on your line. I was told once you do, your unlimited data is gone for good.
    11-06-2011 01:30 PM
    Been there, done that when activating my TBolt a couple months ago. In fact I bought my wife an old D2G off Craigslist and hooked it up on Unlimited data a week before they went to tiered plans. She was grandfathered in when she bought her D3 during launch week.

No issues, just make sure you ask and read before you sign the new contract!
    11-06-2011 01:31 PM
    Just dont ever for some odd reason activate a dumb phone on your line. I was told once you do, your unlimited data is gone for good.
    if you HAVE to activate a dumbphone (say for warranty service, etc.), make sure you call and speak to a rep...they will make a note on your account and when you get your smartphone back will reactivate unlimited for you
    kilofoxtrot likes this.
    11-06-2011 01:58 PM
    Good to know.... thanks.
    11-06-2011 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD