11-09-2011 12:31 AM
48 12
tools
    The fact that the battery is non-replaceable was the clincher for me.IMO...
    A non-removable battery on an Android, LTE phone........what could go wrong? No Thanks, I'll pass.......
    11-07-2011 01:11 PM
    Ummm... we shouldn't be comparing the GNex to anything because we haven't seen Verizon's GNex yet... It's supposed to be thicker than what has already been seen.
    11-07-2011 01:15 PM
    Actually, if it's thicker than my Fascinate, then I'm good with that.

I keep dropping the Fascinate because it's too damn thin, lol...
    11-07-2011 01:29 PM
    I'm in the ugly as hell camp. Those hideous angled corners and big moto badge on the front are total turn offs.
    The non removable battery is the dealbreaker. I like to have a spare battery to change out without having to charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    11-07-2011 01:56 PM
    With the razr you are able to uninstall some of the bloat not sure which but most of it can be removed according to what some people were saying.
    11-07-2011 01:57 PM
    Plus supposedly moto has the droid4 and droid hd coming out soon so I am sure it will be thrown in the back for updates and what not once those come out. Atleast with the nexus you know its the only one for about a year and will get updates first.
    11-07-2011 01:59 PM
    The only thing I want from the Razr is Smart Actions, that looks very well done and useful. If possible, someone shoould extract and port it to other phones.
    11-07-2011 02:20 PM
    The only thing I want from the Razr is Smart Actions, that looks very well done and useful. If possible, someone shoould extract and port it to other phones.
    There is an app called tasker that looks very similar. I never used it but look it up in the market....
    11-07-2011 02:46 PM
    With the razr you are able to uninstall some of the bloat not sure which but most of it can be removed according to what some people were saying.
    As long as its not Motorola or Verizon it can easily be uninstalled. Unfortunately that means the crappy stuff will require rooting to remove....
    11-07-2011 02:48 PM
    As long as its not Motorola or Verizon it can easily be uninstalled. Unfortunately that means the crappy stuff will require rooting to remove....
    Supposedly you can remove some of the bloat without rooting so will be interesting to see if that stays or Verizon blocks that on the razr.
    11-07-2011 04:54 PM
    Supposedly you can remove some of the bloat without rooting so will be interesting to see if that stays or Verizon blocks that on the razr.
    One of the reviewers (read so many) said they could only delete the none Verizon moto stuff. Some golf game and something else....can't remember which review but I'm thinking bgr....

I don't know what to think about the Razr anymore. All the reviews are so different its impossible to decide without real life hands on. One review will say the screen is great but the battery sucks, the next wulk say the screen sucks but the battery is great...

I'm trying my damndest to hold out for the GN but I'm phone less lol!
    11-07-2011 07:26 PM
    One of the reviewers (read so many) said they could only delete the none Verizon moto stuff. Some golf game and something else....can't remember which review but I'm thinking bgr....

I don't know what to think about the Razr anymore. All the reviews are so different its impossible to decide without real life hands on. One review will say the screen is great but the battery sucks, the next wulk say the screen sucks but the battery is great...

I'm trying my damndest to hold out for the GN but I'm phone less lol!
    I agree it is weird with reviews all over the place. I think the screen haters just want to hate the screen without it being anything like past moto pentile.
    11-07-2011 07:34 PM
    I am hearing pretty good things about the Razr's screen. I think it's gonna be a really good phone, especially compared to other recent Motorolas. It's just not the phone for me as I said before. I also do like the look of it for the most part, but have never liked the Motorola top hump at all.
    11-08-2011 10:57 AM
    There is only one way to find out for sure. Go to Verizon and try the phone out for yourself. Forget all the reviews, fanboys, haters etc. If you like a phone, buy it
    11-08-2011 11:21 AM
    Ok let me try to structure this properly. Because I know there are some English 101 professors out there...

I was pretty much waiting for the SGS II or its variant to come to VZ. But instead the Prime was chosen by VZ instead.

The phone I currently have is the Droid Charge I didn't really want it but I got it because my son needed a phone. I wanted LTE and at the time was the Charge and that HTC phone.
    I gave him my droid X and went with the Charge.

Before the X I had the Samsung Fascinate I believe.
    Now here is what I have noticed between the Samsung phones and the Motorola phones.
    Motorola has slightly better radios reception.
    Sammy bluetooth cal volume and screens have been better, but the moto screens back lighting have been better.
    Now here is where my decision may lie.
    I use my Droid Charge as a mobile hotspot with my Sammy 10.1
    playing a game called order and Chaos.
    Frequently I will have to restart my game while using it.
    I don't know if it is because of the lack of processing power
    working with the intense graphics or just a mobile hotspot reception
    issue.
    So I will try both; and and that may be the deciding factor for me
    11-08-2011 12:12 PM
    Phone is solid but it doesn't look for a device for the majority of us. It's great for regular folks who aren't obsessed over a phone and just want a good device that looks good and works but it's too plain for hardcore techies imo.
    11-08-2011 12:54 PM
    Phone is solid but it doesn't look for a device for the majority of us. It's great for regular folks who aren't obsessed over a phone and just want a good device that looks good and works but it's too plain for hardcore techies imo.
    Can you clarify?
    11-08-2011 01:20 PM
    Can you clarify?
    Think he is just saying the Razr is just another android phone. Which it is....its thinner and built solid...

The GN is more of a geek phone for people that want pure Android ICS....
    Nothing2Lose likes this.
    11-08-2011 01:42 PM
    I didn't realize how wide the Razr is... It's a relatively small screen for a phone that size.
    It's just ridiculous. It looks like a fat girl in skinny jeans. If that case width & bezel size is the side effect of making a device that thin w/ a 4.3" screen. I'll stick w/ thick & slick units.
    11-08-2011 01:47 PM
    It's just ridiculous. It looks like a fat girl in skinny jeans. If that case width & bezel size is the side effect of making a device that thin w/ a 4.3" screen. I'll stick w/ thick & slick units.
    Agree I would have rather it been a little thicker and not as wide.
    11-08-2011 01:49 PM
    I just played with the Razr at the Verizon store. I liked it but, not as much as I thought I would. I had the same feeling initially about the Nexus S so, overall I'd probably like it, once I got more time with it. It's certainly very thin and light. It also seems sturdy. I couldn't feel the Kevlar back because of the coating they had on it in the store.

The cameras seems a little better than the bionic's but, still not on par with the iphone 4 as far as I could tell. I really like the screen, it really looked good and, was probably my favorite thing about the phone. I watched a video and, it looked real good.

Everything else was similar to the Bionic as far as the OS and Motoblur was concerned. I overheard a guy asking about the Galaxy Nexus and, the sales rep said, they were getting it but, had no idea when.
    11-08-2011 06:24 PM
    I just think it's cool we're all posting two hours into the future.
    LMFAO..[catch my breath]LMFAO. I noticed that after the time change. I thought that was just some anomoly in my browser. Thanks for saying that, whew.
    11-09-2011 12:24 AM
    The fact that the battery is non-replaceable was the clincher for me. Plus, it's kinda fugly, IMO...
    Remember, just because it's ugly, don't mean it won't make you blow your wad.
    11-09-2011 12:31 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD