GNexus vs. RAZR (From review)

JHock08

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys seen the review posted in the front of the site yet? Nice phone (and review) but tons of bloat and general crap loaded on there by VZW. There's no doubt there was some tussle over bloat with on the GNexus between VZW and Google.

Another great reason why the GNexus is going to be so nice! Can't wait. This and ICS of course!

Hangfire79

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Even thought the phones aren't far apart as far as thickness, and it may just be me, but all the hands-on reviews to my eyes make the RAZR look half as thick as the GNex.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Also noticed the bloatware Verizon pre-loaded on the RAZR.

It has gotten competely out of control. I wouldnt use 3% of those apps.......

Hangfire79

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I, like most, like the looks of the RAZR, especially the thinness. What I personally cannot stand is how freaking flat the thing is, like holding a large credit card to your face. Impossible to do the ole' shoulder hold, feels awkward, to me, holding it to the face. I have to have contour, shape, curves, just like a fine woman.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The Razr is definitely a nice phone and, if it weren't for the GN; it would most-likely be the phone I'd get. I really like the accessories they have for it. It does however have a lot of VZW bloat on it which I hate.

I don't understand why they put all that on there, they should just have one app, that leads you to a Verizon store. If you want to install and use VZW apps you can do it from there. I also hate the way the storage is partitioned and used. The phone comes with 32GB of combined storage (with onboard & SD) yet, a quater of it is dedicated to app storage and, there's not much left after all the VZW bloat and Motoblur. Yes you can move apps to the SD-card but, it's a pain and, some don't work correctly afterwards (from my experience with the Bionic).

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I was almost sold on the Razr until I saw the SII vs iPhone drop test. Those flimsy plastics can take some abuse without shattering and rendering the phone useless. Screen protectors are cheap. Now I just wish the damn thing would come out already.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Even thought the phones aren't far apart as far as thickness, and it may just be me, but all the hands-on reviews to my eyes make the RAZR look half as thick as the GNex.

The Razr doesn't look THAT thin to me. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if after the 2 humps (Razr's top and GNex's bottom) if the GNex actually ends up being thinner over all. I know that people won't hold the hump of the Razr, but you still have that hump to deal with in the pocket.

Last edited:

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys seen the review posted in the front of the site yet? Nice phone (and review) but tons of bloat and general crap loaded on there by VZW. There's no doubt there was some tussle over bloat with on the GNexus between VZW and Google.

Another great reason why the GNexus is going to be so nice! Can't wait. This and ICS of course!

I doubt there was any tussle over bloat on the Nexus. I don't think Google will listen to any discussion at all on the subject.

Hangfire79

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The RAZR doesn't have enough design characteristics to sway me to it's side. The GNex is sexy and appealing to the eyes. People say the contour is silly, well, it's more than alot of phones have. Some contour is better than none imo.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The RAZR doesn't have enough design characteristics to sway me to it's side. The GNex is sexy and appealing to the eyes. People say the contour is silly, well, it's more than alot of phones have. Some contour is better than none imo.

I agree and, it comes down to personel taste. I like the look of the GN much better, it's smooth, has no logos on the front, nothing but a futuristic black screen awaiting action and, I love that.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
from the first time i saw pictures of the Droid RAZR, i've never liked the design. i think it looks very awkward with the odd angled tapered design at the corners (similar to the Xoom 2); not to mention the huge protruding hump at the top. and any layperson who looks at the phone for the first time in person will probably note how awkwardly wide the phone is. it just isn't a good design to me. seems like to me, all Motorola focused on was the thinness, but forgot about the overall aesthetics. in comparison, the Galaxy Nexus has a design that looks good from all angles.

i'm very surprised that there isn't good news on the battery. i mean, the RAZR has a battery that is slightly larger than the one in the Galaxy Nexus, and yet, it still has mediocre battery life? if i remember correctly, Motorola had stated some pretty solid battery specs.

not good news that the RAZR can get boiling lava hot even with the dual core processor.

the review today only helped to solidify my decision to get the Galaxy Nexus. Not that I was ever wavering to any extent to begin with though, lol

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize how hideous the front of the Razr is. Wow, there is so much bezel and just...just...

**vomiting**

Ugh...ewww....

I cannot wait for the Nexus' beautiful sheet of glass. It's gonna look amazing with no buttons on it and that perfect contrast screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x