If I purchase the nexus prime, is there a way to transfer an app from my fascinate to the new phone. this app was taken off the android market ? In my mind I thought I would be able to just download off my sd card but with there not being an sd card slot......
    11-07-2011 10:02 AM
    If you bought it on the android market it's pretty easy. Just go online and, re-download it directly to the GN. Also, when you log onto the GN with your Google account, a lot your apps may re-download automatically. It's done this on my nexus phones in the past but, I'm not sure this time.
    11-07-2011 10:09 AM
    yeah I it was removed , I don't think it will redownload. It still works perfectly, Its for free music. So I'm pretty sure I need to be able to transfer from phone to phone if possible
    11-07-2011 10:14 AM
    If I purchase the nexus prime, is there a way to transfer an app from my fascinate to the new phone. this app was taken off the android market ? In my mind I thought I would be able to just download off my sd card but with there not being an sd card slot......
    Just because there is no SD slot doesn't mean there is no internal storage

When you plug in the nexus, it will connect to your computer just like the fascinate and give you drive letter with which to put stuff. All you need to do is grab the apps apk from /data/app on your fascinate and then put it on the nexus, once you get it. Navigate to it in a file manager and click to install - bingo bango, you're done
    fascinatej and JoeUserTX like this.
    11-07-2011 10:21 AM
    yeah I it was removed , I don't think it will redownload. It still works perfectly, Its for free music. So I'm pretty sure I need to be able to transfer from phone to phone if possible
    Oh sorry, if they removed it, I'm not sure how you could transfer it. The only way I can think that may work is, hooking both phone it to your computer and, try transferring it that way. I haven't tried this so, I'm not sure it will work.

Edit: the post before mine sounds like the right answer, good info.

Just because there is no SD slot doesn't mean there is no internal storage

When you plug in the nexus, it will connect to your computer just like the fascinate and give you drive letter with which to put stuff. All you need to do is grab the apps apk from /data/app on your fascinate and then put it on the nexus, once you get it. Navigate to it in a file manager and click to install - bingo bango, you're done
    11-07-2011 10:21 AM
    Yeah the Nexus will function the same exact way as any other Android phone. The only difference will be that you can't PHYSICALLY remove the storage. You can still load anything you'd like from your computer to the internal storage and install the application from there. Just put it on the internal storage and use Astro to install the application.
    11-07-2011 10:53 AM
    Its always wise to save apk's from off market downloads to a computer or something. Then like mentioned simply copying the apk to the gn's internal storage and executing it on the GN will install it. Then you can delete the apk off the phone for a little more storage.
    11-07-2011 11:18 AM
    ^^ Might be a good topic for a new thread, maybe a step-by-step with screenshots?

Once the Nexus is released, I can see the need for doing this by many folks (myself, included). Anyway, just a suggestion for someone with the time and abilities.
    edglock21, EggoEspada and qnet like this.
    11-07-2011 12:20 PM
    ^^ Might be a good topic for a new thread, maybe a step-by-step with screenshots?

Once the Nexus is released, I can see the need for doing this by many folks (myself, included). Anyway, just a suggestion for someone with the time and abilities.
    A good idea, so all of us n00bs can learn.
    11-07-2011 12:25 PM
    A good idea, so all of us n00bs can learn.
    You got it. With my luck I will have trashed a folder that would brick my phone... doh...
    11-07-2011 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD