seems like the UK launch is being pushed back to December 2nd

Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB Sim Free Smartphone: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    11-07-2011 11:28 AM
    Omfg... Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L
    CynicX likes this.
    11-07-2011 11:28 AM
    Lets hope nothing.

But honestly, this is getting ridiculous....
    11-07-2011 11:29 AM
    It means the US launch has been moved ahead of the European launch.

All those letters I sent to Google and VZW stating that if the US didn't get the G-Nex before Europe, I would change my home page from Google to Yahoo, and switch my carrier to US Cellular.

Maybe they listened.

OK, jk'ing of course...But a man can dream, can't he?
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    11-07-2011 11:36 AM
    no, Samsung just confirmed the 17th for europe like... a day or two ago. amazon launch dates aren't anything worth consideration
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-07-2011 11:40 AM
    From Handtec's site

Samsung Galaxy Nexus – Shipping update
    In Samsung | on November, 04, 2011 | by admin | 11
    Preorders are hotting up for this device – however distribution is stating delivery of this highly anticipated device has moved to week commencing 21st November. This will unfortunately effect all UK retailers.
    07/11 Update: Having many questions regarding the release date and first batch allocation. As usual Handtec have a large backorder with Samsung and we expect to fulfill all backorders upon release. Some retailers may still be showing dates of 7th or 17th etc but the above information is directly from Samsung distribution. Please be rest assured that whenever the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is released (be it 7th 17th 21st etc) then as usual we will be first to have stock and ship.
    11-07-2011 11:41 AM
    I'll tell you what it means. It means there will be a lot of Droid Razr's with scratched screens, thats what it means!

Letter to Big Red

-me
    11-07-2011 11:58 AM
    It will probably mean nothing for the Verizon launch. This is the GSM model...Verizon is getting the LTE model. If Samsung is backordered on the GSM model, they may not necessarily be backordered for the LTE model. I would imagine that the GSM version is going to have A LOT more orders, considering its pretty much the world standard and people from all different countries are going to import them.

Just my 2 cents
    11-07-2011 12:00 PM
    Might give some credence to the supply issue rumor that popped up not too long ago. However, even if Verizon were to release the Nexus in the coming weeks I still think they will have a limited supply of them. When the first batch is gone, the shipping date will keep on moving back and back.
    11-07-2011 12:13 PM
    I'd say it means what every other thread in this forum means...doodly squat. It's anyone's guess on every single subject. I suppose we'll have all the answers in the next 2 to 4 weeks.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-07-2011 12:18 PM
    It will probably mean nothing for the Verizon launch. This is the GSM model...Verizon is getting the LTE model. If Samsung is backordered on the GSM model, they may not necessarily be backordered for the LTE model. I would imagine that the GSM version is going to have A LOT more orders, considering its pretty much the world standard and people from all different countries are going to import them.

Just my 2 cents
    I got the impression that the Nexus was both GSM and LTE capable. Did I mis-read? If it does handle both radios (as being a true 'world' phone), then supply issues would affect everyone, not just in Europe.

Anyway, until I hear confirmation, this sounds like a rumor from one source...
    11-07-2011 12:25 PM
    I got the impression that the Nexus was both GSM and LTE capable. Did I mis-read? If it does handle both radios (as being a true 'world' phone), then supply issues would affect everyone, not just in Europe.

Anyway, until I hear confirmation, this sounds like a rumor from one source...
    No there are 2 different versions. A GSM version and then a CDMA/LTE version. Supposedly the GSM version is 16GB and the CDMA/LTE version is 32GB.
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.
    11-07-2011 12:28 PM
    No there are 2 different versions. A GSM version and then a CDMA/LTE version. Supposedly the GSM version is 16GB and the CDMA/LTE version is 32GB.
    And the LTE version is supposed to be slightly thicker (presumably because it packs a bigger battery).
    11-07-2011 12:29 PM
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks, guys. I don't know why I got the impression that it was capable of both protocols.

Too much hype and info being flung around regarding the specs and capabilities, I suppose. But, it would have been cool to have a phone that was truly decoupled from any carrier, though.
    11-07-2011 12:32 PM
    And the LTE version is supposed to be slightly thicker (presumably because it packs a bigger battery).
    The LTE radios are also bulky. That's most likely the main reason for the increased thickness. Hopefully you're right and it also means a bigger battery.
    11-07-2011 12:32 PM
    If I'm correct, the LTE version is slightly thicker because of the added thickness due to the LTE radio. I'm hoping the added thickness will allow for a slightly larger battery. but I haven't seen this confirmed or denied anywhere.
    11-07-2011 12:33 PM
    If I'm correct, the LTE version is slightly thicker because of the added thickness due to the LTE radio. I'm hoping the added thickness will allow for a slightly larger battery. but I haven't seen this confirmed or denied anywhere.
    I think I remember Panda saying on these forums that the LTE model has a larger battery than GSM, but he couldn't talk specific numbers.
    But the radio is another reason for a thicker phone, yes.
    11-07-2011 12:55 PM
    Also, a VZW source over at androidforums that communicates with a mod there also said the battery is spec'ed up from the GSM model to 1850 mAh
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.
    11-07-2011 01:11 PM
    Also, a VZW source over at androidforums that communicates with a mod there also said the battery is spec'ed up from the GSM model to 1850 mAh
    Now that would be pretty sweet.
    11-07-2011 01:23 PM
    That would be awesome. On a side note, I joined that site back in Feb and, forgot all about it. I think i got it mixed up with this site or vice/versa but, ended up coming here much more.
    11-07-2011 01:43 PM
    retail LTE version will have a 1850 mAh battery......
    11-07-2011 01:55 PM
    32GB of storage, 1850mAh battery...I'm liking this version more and more.
    11-07-2011 02:05 PM
    I can't wait for it to be released, if for nothing else there will be review threads instead of threads like this LOL
    11-07-2011 02:10 PM
    where did you see this posted online?
    11-07-2011 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD