P3droid got 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
P3droid's harsh response was in reference to someone who asked about the battery life and said, Help me out, I would if I were you (not an exact quote).

I am not defending, but lets give the whole story to those who don't follow his tweets.

I follow a few people that leak information. Not all of their tweets are useful, but it's the ones that are that make it worthwhile. Think what you want, I did think the response was harsh, but he has provided answers to some questions.

This whole thread could have been about what info he was providing, but instead, you chose to vent about p3droid. IMO, "You chose poorly".

Also, to my knowledge, he doesn't charge for every leak. He charges for an app that provides early access to leaked builds. These leaks are then made public at a later date. Has he changed his methods?

He got a lot of flak back when he started to work on the Fascinate. The users of that phone were rabid concerning an update because they had not gotten one. When he obtained the leaked update and asked that people buy his app in order to get the update, they went off. Warranted or unwarranted, he has been less helpful since then. Something similar happened to Doug Piston.

Devs do not owe anybody anything. This is a hobby for most devs. If they ask for monetary support, it's because they spend time on these things. True, p3droid did not spend any time creating the leaked builds, but he obtained them. What is preventing anyone from doing the same thing? If you don't want to pay, go out and obtain leaks yourself.

That being said, Doug Piston closed up shop, p3droid acts the way he does, Adrynalyn posted his rant. I am not taking sides. I want information, but I have never demanded a response or personal one-on-one help. Panda has responded on some things, not on others. People get busy. People receive 10,000 mentions a day. Get over yourselves and just ignore stupid things, and thank helpful things.

At this point, if you are still on the fence about this phone, it might not be the phone you are looking for. This is it for me. This is my next device. Panda said the battery sucks. P3droid says there won't be enough to go around. For the people whose opinions I respect, not one has said that this is not the device to get.

Reactions: madty

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
can you guys stop attacking him? He doesnt owe anyone anything.. the phrase "you catch more flies with honey then vinegar" should apply here..

flies.png

Reactions: Premium1

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I think people are overreacting in here to the general sentiment that has been expressed with regards to P3Droid. No one is obsessed with him. No one is stalking him. Likely, outside of this thread, no one spends time worrying/getting worked up/thinking about him. I know I sure don't.

But he was brought up as a topic of this thread, so naturally his bad-mannered responses are fair game to discuss. He's not a nice guy - he has made that pretty clear on several occasions. People should be allowed to comment on this without be called jealous, embarrassing, etc. He wants to amass a Twitter following of Android faithful, but also wants to talk down to them like he did about the battery life questions. In my opinion, if you want to hold yourself out as an 'insider', inquiries come with the territory. You don't have to answer every single one, but there's no reason to make people feel bad for asking.

The Panda has been nice enough to come in here and answer random questions and has done the same on Twitter. Does he answer every question asked of him? Probably not. But the one's he doesn't answer don't get some sort of pissy cheap shot. He seems to genuinely enjoy interacting with the Android community, and I think it's great. We're all grateful of that.

But the little that P3Droid does give, at least for me, seems to be severely outweighed by the attitude that accompanies his posts. I'm not on Twitter and don't regularly check his feed, but it seems that every time I come across his posts there's a negative/elitist tone. I'm not "angry" at him, I don't spend my time getting worked up over him, but if he comes up in a thread (i.e. this one) there's no reason to lambaste people for call him a tool.

Reactions: Serial Fordicator

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
fact of the matter is none of you needed to post anything in this thread at all. simply ignore it instead of coming in here to post some random whine about him.

I for one think its silly the way you all are acting. I assumed this was a mature site not a bunch of people acting childish.. I've gotten 2 infactions for speaking "negatively" about the nexus.. yet its okay to slew swears and derogitory personal insults, and basically slander about someone with no provocation.

He made an app and used information and wanted money for it? you poor babies.. are you that niave to not know the information can be considered worth money? why is someone forced to use it or share it the way you decide they should have to? I'd love for some of you in here to have an early access to some of the info he has and see how quick you start walking around like you have a stick up your butt.

Most of you sit here and say you dont know him, dont follow his tweets. dont care about him etc.. yet post something negative about him.

"black_man_x The Panda King
See that @P3Droid has him some nexus love.. glad your enjoying it man.. and remember ..haters gonna hate.."

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Where are the moderators? This thread is really out of control. My personal opinion of P3droid aside, this thread is nothing but page after page of negativity. It is adding absolutely nothing to the Nexus community. Even worse, I'm seeing a few posts in this thread that rise to the level of just being plain ugly. To wish certain things, as stated earlier, reflects more upon the person making that statement than on P3droid.

i strongly propose that this thread be closed. Come on guys (and girls?), certainly we have better things to think about and look forward to than this kind of ugliness!

I'm going to start a new thread that, hopefully, can take us in a more positive and constructive direction.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? Now, in your fantasy world, he is a teacher whining about how much he makes? I know he teaches, but ......really I am speechless.... First off your ignorance and lack of respect for the work that teachers do is indicative that your either 12 or extremely uninformed. The fact that you hope he falls into a puddle of aids because he wont give you information, the way you want him to
about something as silly as a phone, says your definitely 12 or quite disturbed and have a lack of perspective. Where do you find the time to dream up these fantasies about people you have never met......
I have alot of respect for good teachers. I get miffed when teachers complain on their salary while being 4 months a year off. To be honest, I get mad at anyone that complains about their salary. No one put a gun to anyones head and told them they have to do what they do in life. Personal responsibility/accountabilty has been lost. I reseached my profession prior to jumping in.

I could give 3 blue #$%ks if he gives out info or not. But posting pics then telling someone he doesn't owe anyone anything. he's a douche and a hypocrite

Last edited:

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Mods and Admins should just lock these threads up as they turn into crap instantly. Anything that has a reference to a P3Droid tweet should get locked. Specially after he belittled your moderating abilities on twitter.

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
People who disagree with p3droid

GUYS PLEASE TWEET THIS!

@VerizonWireless Do you normally activate and sell phones not even listed for sale or available to the public http://j.mp/sVzbji #confused

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Re: People who disagree with p3droid

I am curious myself. Maybe they can shed some light on how a device not in stores, on line, or advertised can be purchased by us as well.

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
FYI, I didn't write this tweet. It's already on twitter. I retweeted it and posted it here because I saw a lot of people here who don't agree with what's he doing. Don't mean to offend anyone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.