11-08-2011 05:25 PM
28 12
tools
    It seems to me that many people are leaving the Thunderbolt (Another VZW Flagship device) for the GNexus.

I've seen many Thunderbolt owners saying they're paying full retail for the GNexus. I will be one those crazy and desperate persons. Oh well, bring on the new flagship phone!!! Can't wait!
    11-07-2011 07:44 PM
    I am. Well sold it and using an og droid for time being.
    11-07-2011 07:45 PM
    I am switching. Using one of the upgrades in my family plan... I cannot handle the Thunderbolt for much longer. Sadly I dropped it and there are some deep scratches on the side, which will prevent me from getting much for it if I were to sell it..
    11-07-2011 07:57 PM
    Using the upgrade from my mom's line and giving her the Thunderbolt. No issues whatsoever with the Thunderbolt, just want the Nexus and my mom can't afford any of the good smartphones so it's a good deal for both of us.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    11-07-2011 08:07 PM
    I'm using an upgrade from my business/family plan, I don't have any big issues with my Bolt I for one kinda like it. I usually get a new phone once a year and being a touch early I just can't miss a chance to finally have a Nexus device.
    11-07-2011 08:17 PM
    Me, bolt has been cursed from release
    11-07-2011 08:28 PM
    I've seem to have some problems with my tbolt and GB didn't so squat for me in fixing anything. I was just curious if those that had them felt like do or other reasons for switching. Maybe it's just me.
    11-07-2011 08:32 PM
    I wish
    11-07-2011 08:33 PM
    I am. Well sold it and using an og droid for time being.
    Mines for sale right now lol... I'm back on my OG too
    11-07-2011 08:33 PM
    Speaking of for sale, how much are you guys wanting to get out of yours? I know gazelle says they will take around 134 or so. These things depreciate fast!
    11-07-2011 08:36 PM
    Speaking of for sale, how much are you guys wanting to get out of yours? I know gazelle says they will take around 134 or so. These things depreciate fast!
    Good shape, they should go close to $200 on Ebay.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    11-07-2011 08:38 PM
    I'm asking 220 now but I'm about to drop it to 200
    11-07-2011 09:03 PM
    I can't wait to get rid of this ThunderBrick.

I have thought about going to grab a Razr this weekend to hold me over, and swap it for the Galaxy nexus when it comes out. But I am not sure when the GN is coming out and where will be selling it.

Ooh I cant wait...

Thanks, but no thanks HTC. I had an Incredible(loved) and now a Thunderbolt(despised!). Unless you prove me wrong, I will not be buying another one anytime soon after the way you handled the Thunderbolt. Lucky it was only a 1 year contract and I paid like 199$ or 229$ for it.
    JHock08 likes this.
    11-07-2011 09:28 PM
    My original TB was great except for constantly needing charged. I wore out the port and got a replacement.

Now with GB battery life not so bad but speaker and proximity sensor sucks. Can't wait for G Nex.
    11-07-2011 09:54 PM
    I can't wait to get rid of this ThunderBrick.

I have thought about going to grab a Razr this weekend to hold me over, and swap it for the Galaxy nexus when it comes out. But I am not sure when the GN is coming out and where will be selling it.

Ooh I cant wait...

Thanks, but no thanks HTC. I had an Incredible(loved) and now a Thunderbolt(despised!). Unless you prove me wrong, I will not be buying another one anytime soon after the way you handled the Thunderbolt. Lucky it was only a 1 year contract and I paid like 199$ or 229$ for it.
    I feel the same way. Except I really don't think GB gave me any better battery life.
    11-07-2011 10:01 PM
    The best part about my Thunderbolt is that I bought it on release day at BestBuy and they gave me "buyback" for free, they will be giving me a $300 gift card for the phone. and I just sold the extended battery for $30 on craigslist.
    11-07-2011 11:07 PM
    I'm going to pay retail. Loved the TB - my first Android - but ...
    1) hate the weight
    2) hate the lag
    3) want to see vanilla OS
    11-07-2011 11:24 PM
    I'm switching, but I'm proud to buy the very first LTE smartphone (not Metro PCS dumb smartphone) in the world. It was a true milestone.
    And the second milestone is Galaxy Nexus the very first ICS phone period.
    Buying it outright, and selling the Bolt.
    Couldn't be more excited about it!
    11-07-2011 11:47 PM
    I have always had good luck selling my phone on Craigslist. Just have to be very careful. I have the buyer meet me at a Verizon store. If they say no to that then I know they are not on the up and up.
    Why give a % to eBay? If you are careful like I said Craigslist gets the results and you aren't out any money.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    11-07-2011 11:53 PM
    I love my HTC TB. Just upgraded August 30th.

11-07-2011 11:57 PM
    I'm going to pay retail. Loved the TB - my first Android - but ...
    1) hate the weight
    2) hate the lag
    3) want to see vanilla OS
    I'm right with you on those.

The best part about my Thunderbolt is that I bought it on release day at BestBuy and they gave me "buyback" for free, they will be giving me a $300 gift card for the phone. and I just sold the extended battery for $30 on craigslist.
    If you're referring to their buy-back program, what values did you use to get the $300 mark? It's based off of "the Best Buy regular retail price prior to any specific carrier-based rebates, offers, discounts, or promotions" and the time elapsed since date of purchase. For mobile phones, up to six months is 50%, and 6-12 months is 40%.

I'm going to be paying full retail for the Galaxy Nexus (except for the amount returned via the aforementioned Buy Back program).
    11-08-2011 12:02 AM
    I love my HTC TB. Just upgraded August 30th.

I agree. It has been a great phone for me as well. However, it really seems that build quality is all over the board. Personally, I have had zero quality issues and have been running CM7 which gives me the vanilla feel. I experience very little, if any lag. I know others have had issues though, enough that I think certain phones were just lemons. All this being said, when the nexus comes out I will be getting it and passing my bolt to my wife. It blows her fascinate out of the water. (except maybe the screen)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    11-08-2011 12:29 AM
    I'm right with you on those.

If you're referring to their buy-back program, what values did you use to get the $300 mark? It's based off of "the Best Buy regular retail price prior to any specific carrier-based rebates, offers, discounts, or promotions" and the time elapsed since date of purchase. For mobile phones, up to six months is 50%, and 6-12 months is 40%.

I'm going to be paying full retail for the Galaxy Nexus (except for the amount returned via the aforementioned Buy Back program).
    BestBuy retail on launch day=$749.99..6-12 months=40%=$300.00
    11-08-2011 12:33 AM
    I can't wait to get rid of my Bolt. I only got in fear that I would lose my unlimited data if I waited. Now the only thing I like about the phone is the 4G speeds and the kickstand haha.

SO pumped for my first Nexus. Vanilla. Updates. Bloat. Free.
    11-08-2011 12:35 AM
    I actually really like my Thunderbolt, but I just really want vanilla Android, no bloatware, and quick software updates, without having to root. I'll be paying full retail; I was definitely set on selling my Thunderbolt to help pay for it, but considering they seem to only be going for about $150-ish, I'm not sure if it'd even be worth it... I'm thinking I might just keep it around as backup, but I haven't decided yet. I don't want to sell it now, because I absolutely do not want to be without a phone (I have no other phones to use), and who knows when the Nexus will actually release?

I have about $480 already put aside, via selling crap on eBay. I have a bunch of other stuff I still want to sell on eBay, too, but eBay is being a pain in the *** and putting restrictions on my account because it's a new account, so I have to wait a while to list the rest of the stuff. I figure I'll probably end up with close to $600 once everything has been sold, though. I'm just hoping the Galaxy Nexus is available on Amazon, so I can avoid paying tax on it.
    11-08-2011 08:16 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD