PayPal Updates its Android App to support NFC

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
While security is a concern it will be nice when I can just go some place, set the phone on a pad of some sort, "is this amount correct?", yes, leave.....

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
While security is a concern it will be nice when I can just go some place, set the phone on a pad of some sort, "is this amount correct?", yes, leave.....

I am so old school!!! This kind of stuff makes me almost pass out. The security issues are so huge that I probably would not even consider using NFC (even if I could) for a long, long time.

I do a lot of flying and I see people in airports all the time on public wireless networks, checking email, logging into bank accounts etc. When I'm in an airport or on a public network the only thing I do is to check news on CNN or MSNBC, I NEVER, EVER go to a website that requires a login unless I am sure that it is a secure login and even then would never log into a bank or the like.

anon(392846)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I am so old school!!! This kind of stuff makes me almost pass out. The security issues are so huge that I probably would not even consider using NFC (even if I could) for a long, long time.

I do a lot of flying and I see people in airports all the time on public wireless networks, checking email, logging into bank accounts etc. When I'm in an airport or on a public network the only thing I do is to check news on CNN or MSNBC, I NEVER, EVER go to a website that requires a login unless I am sure that it is a secure login and even then would never log into a bank or the like.

Check this link out: NXP's NFC Solution Implemented in Galaxy Nexus From Google - MarketWatch

Pay special attention to the part that talks about the PN65N. I think your security concerns are unnecessary, but I'm no expert.