Good Place For A Review

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Before I go and buy this phone does anyone know of a good place to get a "real life" review? Here is what I mean by that.

I could care less how the fricking box looks. If you make an "unboxing review/video" I have already closed your site.
I don't need someone to put a measuring tape to it - I can get the size from Google
I don't need someone swiping their fingers left to right and right to left showing me home screens.

What I would like is for someone to tell me what the sound quality on a phone call is like. Whether or not the phone is quick enough as a camera, to be used as a point and shoot camera. If takes 10 seconds for the thing to load and focus it's useless. I'd like to know if it holds a data connection, if when it is used as a wifi hotspot does it drop the connections. Does the bluetooth work well, pair easily with other devices?Real world info is all i'm looking for I guess...

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Before I go and buy this phone does anyone know of a good place to get a "real life" review? Here is what I mean by that.

I could care less how the fricking box looks. If you make an "unboxing review/video" I have already closed your site.
I don't need someone to put a measuring tape to it - I can get the size from Google
I don't need someone swiping their fingers left to right and right to left showing me home screens.

What I would like is for someone to tell me what the sound quality on a phone call is like. Whether or not the phone is quick enough as a camera, to be used as a point and shoot camera. If takes 10 seconds for the thing to load and focus it's useless. I'd like to know if it holds a data connection, if when it is used as a wifi hotspot does it drop the connections. Does the bluetooth work well, pair easily with other devices?Real world info is all i'm looking for I guess...

For a substantive review like that, you'll probably have to wait a little bit longer. I think you have two options:

A) If it's worth the potential loss of $35, buy it and use it for two weeks. That's the best way you are going to get a feel for what the device is all about. If it works out, you have a great phone. If it doesn't, you return it and are out the restocking fee.

B) Wait until it's release, and check big sites like AC, Engadget, etc. for their overall review. They'll usually be in depth enough to tell you about call quality, camera functionality, etc.

From what we've seen so far, the camera is very fast. As to holding a data connection and call quality, I obviously can't speak on those topics because I've never used the phone!

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
No one's had a chance to do an in-depth review, have they? The only reviews I've seen were from the launch event, and those folks only got a minute or two to play around with the phones. Not much you can do in that amount of time.

I'm also planning to wait until I can read some feedback from actual users. For me, it's a big switch, since I would be changing carriers and swapping ecosystems from iOS to Andoid. I also don't buy off-contract, so I don't want to get stuck with a dud for the next two years.

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I don't think other tech sites are allowed to plugged here, but a brand new site has been doing some excellent reviews. I'm sure the homescreens will be swiped in the video, but you will get some indepth knowledge on technical details.

Rhymes with 'The Surge'. Started by the guys from 'renbadget' :p

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think other tech sites are allowed to plugged here, but a brand new site has been doing some excellent reviews. I'm sure the homescreens will be swiped in the video, but you will get some indepth knowledge on technical details.

Rhymes with 'The Surge'. Started by the guys from 'renbadget' :p

Ok, what site is this? I tried to send you a PM but since my post count is at 3 (now 4) and must be above 5 to send a PM, I can't do it yet. Help a brotha out!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think the best bet would be right here. It would be ideal to find someone who lives in your area when judging signal strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers