So with this recent news of Adobe ending development for Mobile Flash.. what does that mean for ICS? is ICS already compatitble with Flash?

I'm hoping that Adobe is atleast adding support for 4.0.. even if they wont add support for any following versions..

Pretty lame they are doing this IMO.
    11-09-2011 07:13 AM
    Flash isn't dead at least not yet..This is move by Adobe to start pushing folks over to dev on Adobe Air instead of Flash.

My guess is it probably works fine because this transition from Flash to Air will take time.
    11-09-2011 07:21 AM
    I'm just pissed about Flash 11. Remember Adobe was saying "1000x" better performance? It was coming in an update...guess that won't happen now.
    11-09-2011 08:33 AM
    Flash player is still currently available, and it works. Just save the .apk somewhere, and sideload it to any device you like once they remove it from the market.

I always save my .apk's for that purpose. NESoid is a perfect example. Of course you can still get it on slideme, but that's besides the point.

Since Adobe's announcement to no longer support mobile flash has come at a time when ICS is already complete, I don't think there's any need to fear compatibility in ICS. Future iterations of Android? Who knows?

*customized tapatalk signature*
    11-09-2011 08:33 AM
    Meh, good riddance. I never had a flash file play correctly on my droid.
    EggoEspada likes this.
    11-09-2011 08:37 AM
    I think it's more like a transition. Flash will live but not as part of HTML but under a new AIR platform.

I couldn't care less about Flash in browsers. Always turn them off by default and on only when needed.
    11-09-2011 08:43 AM
    Flash 11 works great on Honeycomb. Very few websites give me issues. With my Xoom set to desktop mode I can browse flash filled pages with no problems not quite but almost as well as a PC.

ICS being very similar to HC should work as well if not better. Its too late for ICS to not support flash very well because the software is already out there....
    11-09-2011 09:22 AM
    this is the beginning of a shift to HTML5, which is a far superior method of coding, versus flash. i believe Steve Jobs predicted this a few years ago.
    EggoEspada likes this.
    11-09-2011 10:21 AM
    this is the beginning of a shift to HTML5, which is a far superior method of coding, versus flash. i believe Steve Jobs predicted this a few years ago.
    He did.... but like 3 years ago. Flash is still way more prominent and will be for years to come. Our browsers are already HTML5 ready... why couldn't he have flash, too??? because the Safari browser on the iOS platform is utter crap. They even created a serious security problem when they made the browser faster. There was a big story on it yesterday how a security analyst and iOS app developer notified apple about the security problem back in October and when they ignored him, got a potentially harmful app submitted in the App Store to prove his point. What did Apple do? Thank him? Nope, banned him from iOS development.
    11-09-2011 10:55 AM
    He did.... but like 3 years ago. Flash is still way more prominent and will be for years to come. Our browsers are already HTML5 ready... why couldn't he have flash, too??? because the Safari browser on the iOS platform is utter crap. They even created a serious security problem when they made the browser faster. There was a big story on it yesterday how a security analyst and iOS app developer notified apple about the security problem back in October and when they ignored him, got a potentially harmful app submitted in the App Store to prove his point. What did Apple do? Thank him? Nope, banned him from iOS development.
    Didn't you know? At Crapple, no good deed goes unpunished.
    mueron2000 likes this.
    11-09-2011 11:04 AM
    Yup. and i'm sure everyone remembers the heated exchanges Apple and Adobe had about Apple not supporting Flash on mobile devices. why? because flash ran buggy, laggy and not up to the acceptable standards for a seamless and enjoyable experience (even today, our mobile phones run flash like crap). Jobs supported HTML5 all the way even when a lot of people rebuked him for doing so, and today HTML5 is the cutting edge standard for top of the line web development. and Adobe has recognized this. and instead of trudging Flash along with incremental, and mostly insignificant improvements, they decided to axe Flash for mobile devices, and put their focus on supporting development for HTML5.

this from Engadget's article posted today: "We heard the talk and now here's the confirmation: Flash Player for mobile devices is officially dead. Adobe is reaffirming its commitment to "aggressively contribute" to HTML5, a platform with broader support and capabilities than Flash was ever able to deliver."
    11-09-2011 11:09 AM
    To be fair he got canned cuz he didn't follow their protocols but they really look like aholes for dumping him over petty nonsense. I feel bad for the guy, he got punished after that again. He ended up getting swept into Microsofts dustpan.
    11-09-2011 11:25 AM
    To be fair he got canned cuz he didn't follow their protocols but they really look like aholes for dumping him over petty nonsense. I feel bad for the guy, he got punished after that again. He ended up getting swept into Microsofts dustpan.
    Yes... to be fair, he did violate the developer's terms and conditions. But he did it to get Apple off their *** and fix something. Hope he comes over to a more secure platform
    11-09-2011 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD