Better Battery Life than Expected?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
That doesn't really look huge jump from anything that's already out there. 1hr 10min of actual screen on time out of ~5hr 14min and down to 45%. Looks like he may not have a stable data connection though as the first screen shows 4G and the other shows 3G.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
A lot better than the Bionic....huge problems with Idle/Cell Standby eating up the majority of battery life. Glad to see that looks to not be the case with this.

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I dunno...I'm a little suspicious. I mean really, we can all agree that the barometer is the largest drain on the battery, right?! Was the test conducted in a hyperbaric chamber?! Pssh - NOT!! :confused:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The rumor is the battery is supposed to be larger in the LTE version. I guess we can't be sure until we get it in our hands but, this is encouraging.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't tell us more then its not absolutely terrible. We'll needs some decent reviews by people that know what they are doing once everyone has a tester....

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Still not very good. Plus if its on web browsing and that why is that nowhere to be seen on the screen shot?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I always find mileage will vary when it comes to battery. It's looking to be at least pretty much on par, if not better, than the current crop of LTE phones.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends on what you're doing through the day. I've learned from reading on here and other people that, I'm not a power user compared to some. I can't be because, when I had the Bionic it lasted me all day at work.

I listened to music on & off for about 12 hours, checked a occasional email and had brief calls. I think the lowest I ever got was about 20% and, that's after playing with the phone more than usual. On average I'd have around 50% at the end of the day.

For me this phone's battery will probably be enough but, for some; I suspect it won't be.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Isn't this the GSM phone? And isn't the LTE phone going to have worse battery life but possibly a bigger battery?

No, this is from Verizon's LTE version...at least supposedly. It's from a certain someone who only deals with Verizon phones. How they obtained it is unknown.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
as long as the g-nex has better battery life than my Droid Charge, i'll be happy with any improvements. i'm already used to the habit of constantly charging my phone throughout the day. i always leave an hour to charge my phone before i get off work so that i have 100% battery life heading into the rest of the day from 5pm-sleep time.

samsuck

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol, the most loved person in the Android Community aka P3Droid posted this.

Well, he did the community a favor this time. Admit it

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
No, this is from Verizon's LTE version...at least supposedly. It's from a certain someone who only deals with Verizon phones. How they obtained it is unknown.

The one he has isn't quite the consumer release model and apparently has the standard battery based on his twitter post. If the battery has been upped for the LTE models, battery life should be slightly better than what he's seeing now. Also wonder if Verizon will change the 4G logo to 4G LTE.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The one he has isn't quite the consumer release model and apparently has the standard battery based on his twitter post. If the battery has been upped for the LTE models, battery life should be slightly better than what he's seeing now. Also wonder if Verizon will change the 4G logo to 4G LTE.

Where did you see that info?

As for the 4G icon, I doubt they will because the software isn't theirs to touch. Also, my Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE has only 4G, not 4G LTE in the status bar.

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I just hope the GN battery lasts longer then my OG droid lately. My building security doods are starting to give me the stink eye for using the portable defibrillator paddles to recharge my OG droid. I've been yelling, "Annie Annie are you okay?!", to help cover for it but they are on to me. :confused:

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Where did you see that info?

As for the 4G icon, I doubt they will because the software isn't theirs to touch. Also, my Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE has only 4G, not 4G LTE in the status bar.

When asked if it had the 1750 or 1850
Mine is not consumer, so I can't say, but i've heard its been upped to 1850...but I've not confirmed that.
18 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I have an extra charger every place I work, play and live, pluss one in my car. I never run out of juice, or even get low.

And, for those occasions where I will be out and away from a charger for an extended amount of time, I will use an extended battery.

As long as I can get ~6 - 8 hours out of my device on the standard battery, I will be happy.

I'm sure with normal to heavy use the Nexus will be fine for me. I'm not worried.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12