11-10-2011 03:02 PM
43 12
tools
    It wasn't high end when it was announced.
    it actually was fairly high end when it was announced. it was on par with the Droid Incredible. or basically, it was a Droid Incredible, but with a slide out keyboard (with arguably one of the best keyboards btw). so everyone wanted it.

but after being delayed a million times, disappearing, then reappearing, when the Merge finally got on track to be released, it was during the time of the HTC thunderbolt, 4G LTE, and insane rumors of the Droid Bionic. so by this time, no one really cared, since the merge was old news, didn't have 4G LTE, old processor, and no front camera. those few things killed the appeal.

but anyway, to get back to the reference to the merge, yes...we saw cases of the merge appear online, but no site of the actual phone. obviously, this won't be happening with the galaxy nexus, since we know the g-nex is actually going to be released by Verizon. whereas, with the Merge, we didn't even know if Verizon was going to be carrying the phone or not.
    11-09-2011 07:15 PM
    The Merge was a high end phone at the time it was first announced. It was delayed and finally cancelled, then brought back to life. By that time it was no longer high end.
    Funny thing is if you didn't mention the Merge. It sounds like the autobiography of the Droid Bionic. Only wish it had the same ending.
    ManBearPig618 likes this.
    11-09-2011 07:23 PM
    Funny thing is if you didn't mention the Merge. It sounds like the autobiography of the Droid Bionic.
    Ahahaha. Don't go near the Bionic forums...they'll eat you alive. Ravenous pack of defensive fanboys in there.
    11-09-2011 07:25 PM
    Ahahaha. Don't go near the Bionic forums...they'll eat you alive. Ravenous pack of defensive fanboys in there.
    Now what if they come in here and see you calling them fanboys? It would start a problem here. Lets keep the fanboy comments out.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    11-09-2011 07:32 PM
    Now what if they come in here and see you calling them fanboys? It would start a problem here. Lets keep the fanboy comments out.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    My bad. What I meant to say was proud, energetic supporters!
    humpagardengnome likes this.
    11-09-2011 07:34 PM
    Tick-Tock Verizon....
    11-09-2011 07:39 PM
    My bad. What I meant to say was proud, energetic supporters!
    LOL!!
    11-09-2011 07:40 PM
    So am I the only one who wants to go ahead and order one of these cases so it's ready to go when I get the phone?
    11-09-2011 08:59 PM
    So am I the only one who wants to go ahead and order one of these cases so it's ready to go when I get the phone?
    Good luck trying to order one lol.
    11-09-2011 09:07 PM
    No, I'm going to get one tomorrow so I can pretend I actually have a Nexus. Guess that's the closest I'll get to the device until Verizon decides to not jerk us around. Because you know the first device running 4.0 is no where near as important as the 73rd Motorola device running 2.3 to come out this year on Verizon. Thank you Verizon
    kashabrown and auburngirl like this.
    11-09-2011 09:12 PM
    you can go join all the posters on the other case thread and buy the wrong one off of amazon! LOL
    Premium1 and auburngirl like this.
    11-09-2011 09:13 PM
    That silicone case will probably be the one I get, if its anything like the fairly hard glossy case Verizon has for the Incredible 1 anyway. Ive had it since day 1 and love it, doesnt collect dust like regular silicone ones and is pretty durable!
    11-09-2011 10:32 PM
    I'll probably get the silicon case to hold me over until Siedio has one available.
    11-10-2011 05:57 AM
    No, I'm going to get one tomorrow so I can pretend I actually have a Nexus. Guess that's the closest I'll get to the device until Verizon decides to not jerk us around. Because you know the first device running 4.0 is no where near as important as the 73rd Motorola device running 2.3 to come out this year on Verizon. Thank you Verizon

yeah..... please dont announce a device 9 weeks before you can release it.
    11-10-2011 09:19 AM
    Because you know the first device running 4.0 is no where near as important as the 73rd Motorola device running 2.3 to come out this year on Verizon. Thank you Verizon
    I love that. Seriously though, how many devices could they possibly release that look, seem, smell, act almost exactly the same - I am INTO this stuff and I could not possibly even begin to understand or differentiate between all of them...
    11-10-2011 10:47 AM
    I love that. Seriously though, how many devices could they possibly release that look, seem, smell, act almost exactly the same - I am INTO this stuff and I could not possibly even begin to understand or differentiate between all of them...
    That is for your sales associate to figure out for you!
    11-10-2011 10:54 AM
    A case... remember this?
    11-10-2011 01:47 PM
    A case... remember this?
    So what's your point? The phone still came out but just with a different name. You act like the 5th Iphone got canned or something LOL. Does the Iphone 4S fit in that case? I will put money on it that it does. Was the Iphone5 announced when the cases came? Once again I'll put money on it that it was not since there is no Iphone5. So your point is not valid in this situation.

The Nexus has already been announced officially by VZW obviously. We know Verizon has it stocked in their warehouse and is even now shipping out accessories to their stores (which only happens if you're a week or two from release). We have it in their sales system and in Radioshack and Costco. We have tons of dates that point towards this month and I know for a fact the Samsung OEM reps are going around to Verizon stores this week and teaching Verizon sales reps about the device. I know two different stores in different states that have already had a Samsung rep come in and show them it and teach them about it. Things like this do not happen if we're not close to launch.
    11-10-2011 03:02 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD