VZW Stores Get Galaxy Nexus Cases

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
The Merge was a high end phone at the time it was first announced. It was delayed and finally cancelled, then brought back to life. By that time it was no longer high end.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So you're going to compare an entry level HTC device to a top tier device that is the first to run Androids new OS? Yeah something is not right about that and by the way Merge did not get accessories like this. Nor was it even half as important as this device.

Thank you the merge was not high end and nobody really cared about it at the time. This is a high end lte device which many people want. About 5 people were upset the merge never came to verizon. not a big deal.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't high end when it was announced.

it actually was fairly high end when it was announced. it was on par with the Droid Incredible. or basically, it was a Droid Incredible, but with a slide out keyboard (with arguably one of the best keyboards btw). so everyone wanted it.

but after being delayed a million times, disappearing, then reappearing, when the Merge finally got on track to be released, it was during the time of the HTC thunderbolt, 4G LTE, and insane rumors of the Droid Bionic. so by this time, no one really cared, since the merge was old news, didn't have 4G LTE, old processor, and no front camera. those few things killed the appeal.

but anyway, to get back to the reference to the merge, yes...we saw cases of the merge appear online, but no site of the actual phone. obviously, this won't be happening with the galaxy nexus, since we know the g-nex is actually going to be released by Verizon. whereas, with the Merge, we didn't even know if Verizon was going to be carrying the phone or not.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The Merge was a high end phone at the time it was first announced. It was delayed and finally cancelled, then brought back to life. By that time it was no longer high end.

Funny thing is if you didn't mention the Merge. It sounds like the autobiography of the Droid Bionic. Only wish it had the same ending.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Tick-Tock Verizon....
whiterabbit2.jpg

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm going to get one tomorrow so I can pretend I actually have a Nexus. Guess that's the closest I'll get to the device until Verizon decides to not jerk us around. Because you know the first device running 4.0 is no where near as important as the 73rd Motorola device running 2.3 to come out this year on Verizon. Thank you Verizon

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That silicone case will probably be the one I get, if its anything like the fairly hard glossy case Verizon has for the Incredible 1 anyway. Ive had it since day 1 and love it, doesnt collect dust like regular silicone ones and is pretty durable!

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
No, I'm going to get one tomorrow so I can pretend I actually have a Nexus. Guess that's the closest I'll get to the device until Verizon decides to not jerk us around. Because you know the first device running 4.0 is no where near as important as the 73rd Motorola device running 2.3 to come out this year on Verizon. Thank you Verizon

yeah..... please dont announce a device 9 weeks before you can release it.

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Because you know the first device running 4.0 is no where near as important as the 73rd Motorola device running 2.3 to come out this year on Verizon. Thank you Verizon

I love that. Seriously though, how many devices could they possibly release that look, seem, smell, act almost exactly the same - I am INTO this stuff and I could not possibly even begin to understand or differentiate between all of them...