Smart Actions for Nexus?

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm still holding out for the G-Nex, but some things about the RAZR review catch my interest. Mostly is the "Smart Actions" function that will change phone states based on location and such.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Marketplace app that will give me this functionality on the G-Nex?

BBBay

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm still holding out for the G-Nex, but some things about the RAZR review catch my interest. Mostly is the "Smart Actions" function that will change phone states based on location and such.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Marketplace app that will give me this functionality on the G-Nex?

I'm trying to find out if my bionic does this or if I should buy locale from appbrain. Any advice?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've used both Tasker and Locale. Tasker is much more complex, has a pretty steep learning curve, but can do a lot more. Locale is much easier. I think I read that Locale also uses more battery because of the constant GPS searching, although don't quote me. It'd be cool of these things were built in to the phone though. Sort of like folders are in ICS.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Llama and was pretty satisfied. You'd search for towers in your location and then you could set what you want your phone to do based on your location. It was a bit finicky in some areas as my work and home were close so sometimes it would switch to full volume while I was at work.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Easy Profiles. You can control just about any function on your phone and the rules can be based on location, connecting to a certain WiFi AP, a certain Bluetooth device or whatever.

I have mine setup so when it connects to the BT Handsfree in my truck, it automatically activates my "Car" profile (sets ringer Volume to Full, turns off WiFi, etc.). But it doesn't do all that if it connects to my in-ear BT headset. That's just as one example.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol