I know we are past thinking that we'd see the announcement today, but back when it was a possibility I put a tickler on my calendar. It just popped up ... Re-set it for 11/17? "w/o 11/21"? Really looking forward to the GN ...
    11-10-2011 10:43 AM
    Hrm...well they can't say I didn't warn them!

Operation Droid Gorilla Glass Scratcher
    11-10-2011 10:49 AM
    This is the price of being a Verizon customer.
    11-10-2011 10:51 AM
    That's what happens when you go by internet rumors
    11-10-2011 11:18 AM
    ... but that's all I've got ...
    11-10-2011 11:21 AM
    Oh the waiting game, how I loathe thee...

7 days till the next rumored date gets debunked/confirmed.
    shanghai and DolfanCole like this.
    11-10-2011 11:36 AM
    I actually forgot that 11/10 was a "key" date. The GNex will be released soon, I'm sure. No need to freak out.

Besides, as soon as the phone is released, this forum will start going nuts over the quad-core phone that is sure to be coming...
    ManBearPig618 likes this.
    11-10-2011 11:37 AM
    Oh the waiting game, how I loathe thee...
    Click to view quoted image

7 days till the next rumored date gets debunked/confirmed.
    LOL! Yep! I was secretly hoping today would be a surprise announcement. Now we will see what happens next week. When Monday comes hopefully we will have a hint of some news. It's getting closer and closer though.
    11-10-2011 11:44 AM
    I have been looking at a December release date. If it comes sooner then it will be a bonus. If not then I am fine with that too. It makes the waiting a lot easier. Worrying about things over which I have no control is always an endeavor in futility.
    11-10-2011 11:54 AM
    I gave up on the 10th a long time ago. If we don't hear anything by Tuesday, then it's not going to be the 17th either. I personally think it'll be here by the end of November, but we'll see.
    11-10-2011 11:56 AM
    A couple of indirect stores in my area are saying it's likely going to be released next week, but nothing has been "confirmed".
    11-10-2011 12:08 PM
    A couple of indirect stores in my area are saying it's likely going to be released next week, but nothing has been "confirmed".
    That would be great. I have my upgrade the 19th and hopefully Amazon has some deal on it over the weekend.
    11-10-2011 12:19 PM
    I'm guessing it will be released on the 17th too, but I was wrong about a few dates with the Thunderbolt
    rarchbold likes this.
    11-10-2011 12:36 PM
    I'm guessing it will be released on the 17th too, but I was wrong about a few dates with the Thunderbolt
    The thunderbolt was issues after issues and I think once they realized no matter how many delays the issues wouldnt be fixed they said forget it and just released it to be the first lte phone.
    11-10-2011 12:46 PM
    I was under the impression that after the RAZR's release tomorrow the next device due up was the Rezound. After that,the Nexus would be released by Black Friday.
    11-10-2011 02:46 PM
    Nothing has been confirmed for the Nexus yet. Anything is pretty much just speculation at this point.
    11-10-2011 02:57 PM
    I actually forgot that 11/10 was a "key" date. The GNex will be released soon, I'm sure. No need to freak out.

Besides, as soon as the phone is released, this forum will start going nuts over the quad-core phone that is sure to be coming...
    I highly doubt that considering quad-core phones are at least 6 months away still. Tablets is a different story though. This release is going to be a lot bigger for us (not the average consumer) then basically any other release. We have been waiting for too long to get a Nexus on VZW. I don't think you'll see a release of a VZW device that's as anticipated as this for a long time. Verizon should have got their together and gave us a date bottom line. You don't announce a phone with no date, it's just stupid. Oh well hopefully it'll be out soon.
    11-10-2011 03:10 PM
    I was under the impression that after the RAZR's release tomorrow the next device due up was the Rezound. After that,the Nexus would be released by Black Friday.
    Speaking if the Razr, did anyone actually know anything about it before it was introduced? It seemed to come out of nowhere.
    11-10-2011 03:49 PM
    Everything is speculation at this point.
    Next Friday is my drop-dead date to give up on it as vaporware. If they announce before then, I'm likely getting it.
    LOL, it sure feels like vaporware now.
    11-10-2011 04:33 PM
    there just may be a few quad core phones on the market by the time this damn phone is released. I really want this in my hand before Thanksgiving. Its just hard for me to understand that there are sales people who don't even know about this phone.
    11-10-2011 07:22 PM
    there just may be a few quad core phones on the market by the time this damn phone is released. I really want this in my hand before Thanksgiving. Its just hard for me to understand that there are sales people who don't even know about this phone.
    Verizon doesn't tell those people anything because they know info would leak. verizon is on their own time table and I agree if they don't get it out by thanksgiving I may get the rezound depending on battery life. I mean essentially it is just as dev friendly and is already getting a ton of attention from dev's. Pure android would be nice but I kind of like the form factor of the rezound and it seems people like it so far.
    11-10-2011 07:26 PM
    When Monday comes, I wonder what we will know by then. Maybe nothing, maybe something, who knows.
    11-10-2011 10:38 PM
    Lol, I think all you people that are watching this like a hawk need to step away from the computer screen. Before this phone is released half of you will have a stroke or heart attack. It's obvious Verizon has 2 phones they are pushing to the general public and they won't release this until they are satisfied with those efforts. The general public doesn't give a damn about vanilla android.
    Spacemaker24 likes this.
    11-10-2011 10:55 PM
    I know we are past thinking that we'd see the announcement today, but back when it was a possibility I put a tickler on my calendar.
    Now that's some calendar! No, but seriously, isn't this typical Cerizon fashion? Should we be surprised at all?
    11-10-2011 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD