Training for Nexus

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So an old guy doesn't spend time on forums. I wonder how ancient he is. I am 63 and have been frequenting forums of one kind or another for over ten years and Android Central for over a year. So he must have been really old.

He just said he doubts the guy spends time on forums. I am sure from how quick the guy answered that he had information that he most likely wouldn't say that if he didn't know it was coming soon, since they want a sale now and not a week or two down the road.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
LOL oh man, I don't think Verizon knows what they have caused. People are ready to slaughter others over information because Verizon is keeping everyone in the dark. I really hope we get a date this week so everyone can calm down (me included). I really wonder what's taking them so long to announce the date though? Razr and Rezound both got dates right away. What could be going on with this device? I mean, even if the date is not for another 3-4 weeks still let us know.

Hmm perhaps Verizon DOES know what they have caused and are licking their chops over it.

On a side note I was in my local Verizon Store on Friday and a guy walked in asking for the Samsung phone with Ice Cream Sandwich on it. I didn't hear everything the sales rep said because i was preoccupied with what I was doing but I did here him say that it was the newest version of Android- Version 4 , but at least this tells me that people are aware of this phone even without mass advertising of it yet.

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Only us big dorks are aware of it...

Yep. Sometimes people don't realize how small of a majority know about this phone. If you asked random Verizon customers I bet less than 1 of 100 would have heard of the galaxy nexus. Obviously, if Verizon wants to sell more of these phones they will release it before black Friday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Sometimes people don't realize how small of a majority know about this phone. If you asked random Verizon customers I bet less than 1 of 100 would have heard of the galaxy nexus. Obviously, if Verizon wants to sell more of these phones they will release it before black Friday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

True. Its amazing how many times when I'm in a Verizon store that a person will come in to buy a phone and have absolutely no clue what the options are and totally look to the sales rep for advice.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Only us big dorks are aware of it...

This is not true at all. While yes the majority of the people who do know/want the Nexus are "big dorks" but there are some normal people who know about it too. The people I grew up with are not into phones or technology for that matter as much as I am. They always think I'm a weirdo for doing things with my phone and they just don't understand it at all. But a couple of them do know about the Nexus and want it. Mind you I never mentioned it to them since I do not talk to a lot of the people I grew up with anymore. The device was even on FOX news a couple weeks ago. That right there proves more than just us techies know about it. For the people that think Samsung went on their to "push Verizon" are out of their minds. I do get the vibe that Samsung did put the lack of release date and pricing on them during the interview though. But other than that I don't think Samsung set that interview up themselves. Of course I could be wrong but either way Verizon needs to hurry the eff up. I'm starting to loose faith in all of mankind here!!!!!

Reactions: Premium1

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Simply put BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.
True. Its amazing how many times when I'm in a Verizon store that a person will come in to buy a phone and have absolutely no clue what the options are and totally look to the sales rep for advice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
There's nothing sinister about VZW reps. That's just the nature of the beast. The days of having super educated commission sales people is over. It died with Circuit City. Most people educate themselves before making a purchase.

For those who don't they're putting themselves in the hands of low paid sales reps who aren't typically experts.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
P3Droid

Put your money down folks..you can relax. The nexus won't be here soon. Start planning for end of year purchases. That is the new word on the street.

Long post from Deck.ly Just now View on Twitter
not looking good if true

jokeefe10

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
has he been right on anything with the nexus before? i haven't really been following his posts or tweets but from what other people say he has been wrong about a lot regarding the nexus.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
has he been right on anything with the nexus before? i haven't really been following his posts or tweets but from what other people say he has been wrong about a lot regarding the nexus.

When it comes to Verizon's plans for the Galaxy Nexus he's been wrong almost every time. However, until I can actually purchase the device I will not be surprised at what Verizon does. Let's face it, what would motivate Verizon to release it now?

Reactions: jokeefe10

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

He likes to stir the pot a lot and it is iffy if he is right or wrong. I guess we will find out if it's true or not.

Reactions: jokeefe10

jokeefe10

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
true i guess we'll just have to wait and see. i don't see verizon training their employees about the phone if they weren't sure about a release date. i know things can change but p3droid did say just yesterday the release day would be the 21st.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
true i guess we'll just have to wait and see. i don't see verizon training their employees about the phone if they weren't sure about a release date. i know things can change but p3droid did say just yesterday the release day would be the 21st.

I was thinking the same thing, if they knew it wasn't ready why train the employees only to have to train them again in another month or so? Just seems a little strange and that p3 just wants to stir the pot.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Where was this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech