Verizon extends return date to 1/9 for holidays

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
YAY! PARTY TIME! REZOUND UNTIL GNEX!

Either that or Big Red just found out that the Gnex has smartphone AIDS and are completely sure that it won't be ready till then. Considering Big Red's record, I'm going to surmise the latter.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not meaning to be a snit or anything, but isn't it a little un-kosher to post links to other forums/blogs that contain the original link and/or story?

Just sayin'... I'm a member of other forums where that's a big no-no, and against forum rules. Posting the same original link as the other forum is acceptable, though.

Am I wrong here? (and respectfully not flaming the original poster, not the intention at all)...

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Interesting news.

The only reason I can see them doing is this is to appease those waiting for the GN. Maybe this reinforces the rumored delay of the GN.

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Not meaning to be a snit or anything, but isn't it a little un-kosher to post links to other forums/blogs that contain the original link and/or story?

Just sayin'... I'm a member of other forums where that's a big no-no, and against forum rules. Posting the same original link as the other forum is acceptable, though.

Am I wrong here? (and respectfully not flaming the original poster, not the intention at all)...

Updated original post.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting news.

The only reason I can see them doing is this is to appease those waiting for the GN. Maybe this reinforces the rumored delay of the GN.

This is perfectly normal. They do it for Christmas shopping ... Dec 25th everyone gets their new shiny smartphone as a gift and then they get the customary 14 days to return it... Ya know January 9, 2012.

We really need to stop looking for GN conspiracy theories in everything VZW does .... Let's just face it. VZW isn't ready to release it. Plain and simple.

That being said... Maybe I'm going to take advantage and pick up the Rezound ... Decisions. Decisions. :p

Reactions: Jdm4292 and tx_tuff

motm95

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Weird how it says at the bottom that the policy was last updated 1/16/11. That can't be right. It hasn't always said that, has it?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Doubt it was done in connection to the GN? Why would they want to allow thousands of people to "rent" a device for 2-3 weeks and then return them all?

I_Am_Incredible

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was JUST JUST thinking about what I should do.... just incase I don't miss double Data.... I even just put up a Post in the Nexus forum about what I should do. THIS IS PERFECT... I'm getting a Rezound...Tomorrow!

Chad McRad

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
so for clarification, Double Data is a GO until January 9th?

im desperately waiting to switch to verizon from tmobile but i am only doing so with a Nexus in my hands. Getting the Razr and switching to the Gnex seems like a great plan on paper for me with a broken phone but i just have a feeling with something going awry.. thanks in advance.

gobigred303

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Doubt it was done in connection to the GN? Why would they want to allow thousands of people to "rent" a device for 2-3 weeks and then return them all?

So the GN is releasing sometime between November 28th and December 5th? Who is your source???

This is Android blog worthy. Sent a news tip to Droid-Life.

:D

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
What I don't understand is the reasoning behind VZW not getting the GS2 now makes no sense. Verizon has squandered any exclusive they had on the device. If T-Mobile releases the phone on December they'll have it around the same time as Verizon. If the GS2 had come out in September I would have bought it instead of waiting until December.

The real loser here is Samsung. The GS2 is the closest thing to the iPhone and it's not on Verizon.