Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I dislike the recent influx of 8-total-posts Negative Nancies and Debbie Downers insisting on mid-December release dates. You guys are buzz kills bringing down the positive vibe. That is all.

They're becoming the "brown acid", of Woodstock '69, in the VGN forum. Avoid them, they'll just harsh your buzz, man.

leggy

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
My estimation is based on announcement/preorder date for Nov 18 or early next week and add to it another week for actual availability (like Droid Razr) so you have it on or around December.

I am like many of you waiting for the phone to be available to replace my Droid X but I am trying to be practical based on past experience with Verizon and what we are seeing in reality so far.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
They're becoming the "brown acid", of Woodstock '69, in the VGN forum. Avoid them, they'll just harsh your buzz, man.

LOLZ, spilled some coffee with that one.

At the risk of being a buzzkill them Dec rumors could be true. What's the definition of 'rumor'?

Sent from my SCH-I510

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My estimation is based on announcement/preorder date for Nov 18 or early next week and add to it another week for actual availability (like Droid Razr) so you have it on or around December.

I am like many of you waiting for the phone to be available to replace my Droid X...
If you're into flashing ROMs, check out SSX2.2 by ChevyNo1. It's Cyanogen based 2.3.7 with enhancements. Best ROM I've had on my DX. It will make the wait for the Nexus easier.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/38779-ssx-2-2-2-3-7-incl-1-battery-other-goodies.html

Sorry mods, for going off topic.

Carry on.

*customized tapatalk signature*

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I dislike the recent influx of 8-total-posts Negative Nancies and Debbie Downers insisting on mid-December release dates. You guys are buzz kills bringing down the positive vibe. That is all.

Debbie Downers??? Debbie Downers??? LOL I take offence, I am a Debbie and I am definitely not a downer!

nor do I "do" Dallas ;-)

dapercy

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're into flashing ROMs, check out SSX2.2 by ChevyNo1. It's Cyanogen based 2.3.7 with enhancements. Best ROM I've had on my DX. It will make the wait for the Nexus easier.
SSX 2.2 (2.3.7) Incl. 1% Battery and Other Goodies

Sorry mods, for going off topic.

Carry on.

*customized tapatalk signature*

I've heard if you are on Gingerbread pushed by Motorola for the DX that you are locked out from rooting and putting on a new ROM. Do you know if that is incorrect? If so I might just hold off on Nexus if I can get an ICS ROM working on my DX in the next few months. Then buy my nexus once my full 20 months are up and the phone has dropped 100-200 in price.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I've heard if you are on Gingerbread pushed by Motorola for the DX that you are locked out from rooting and putting on a new ROM. Do you know if that is incorrect? If so I might just hold off on Nexus if I can get an ICS ROM working on my DX in the next few months. Then buy my nexus once my full 20 months are up and the phone has dropped 100-200 in price.

The latest root works with moto phones that have gb so you should still be able to root.

dapercy

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The latest root works with moto phones that have gb so you should still be able to root.

Outstanding, thanks. I'm going to be reading up on that and if an ICS rom comes out for droid x Will probably forego purchase until I'm eligible for a 2yr upgrade. At which time (July) I'll probably still buy Nexus, just for much less.

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm going to hazard a guess at November 28th (Time for a marketing campaign). Either that or they'll just push it out on the web with no talk at all.

I signed up the galaxy nexus mailing list, they mailed me a Droid Razr ad. Verizon is evil.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm going to hazard a guess at November 28th (Time for a marketing campaign). Either that or they'll just push it out on the web with no talk at all.

I signed up the galaxy nexus mailing list, they mailed me a Droid Razr ad. Verizon is evil.

uhmm.. where did you sign up for this? I signed up for a nexus mailing list.. through google directly..

memillh

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Seriously, we need to find someone at Verizon's media agency (Zenith Media?) to slip us some info.. Maybe we hit Linkedin to find someone? Someone there should have the media flight schedule and trafficking info for any Galaxy Nexus TV spots in their possession right now. These things aren't planned at the last minute. Someone has that flow chart sitting on their desk right now - and they know when the campaign is scheduled to launch.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, we need to find someone at Verizon's media agency (Zenith Media?) to slip us some info.. Maybe we hit Linkedin to find someone? Someone there should have the media flight schedule and trafficking info for any Galaxy Nexus TV spots in their possession right now. These things aren't planned at the last minute. Someone has that flow chart sitting on their desk right now - and they know when the campaign is scheduled to launch.

Still a little confused as to why you guys think there is going to be done big marketing push from Verizon. I still find it much more likely that they release it nice and quietly. I don't see what's in it for them to advertise Google's dev phone when Google doesn't even seem interested in advertising it.

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Still a little confused as to why you guys think there is going to be done big marketing push from Verizon. I still find it much more likely that they release it nice and quietly. I don't see what's in it for them to advertise Google's dev phone when Google doesn't even seem interested in advertising it.

Google advertises on the web as they always have. May not be the most efficient way, but it is what is. I see Verizon advertising, just not to a huge extent. Its hard to advertise a phone with the latest and greatest while trying to sell phones that wont have the update for months.

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even seen an official promotion from VZW on the Rezound.... So im thinking the Gnex will follow suit. Its not a "Droid"... thats ok though... the less people that know about it initially the more there are for us to get! Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Google advertises on the web as they always have. May not be the most efficient way, but it is what is. I see Verizon advertising, just not to a huge extent. Its hard to advertise a phone with the latest and greatest while trying to sell phones that wont have the update for months.

I'm not saying Google is t advertising at all, but they are in no way pushing it. I haven't seen anything about the GN outside of tech sites and the occasional news article. That's exactly my point about Verizon l, why would they advertise it, it conflicts with the Droid brand.