Today's Google event 11-16

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
We all have heard that today's Google event will have information on the Google music service and "other" topics.

Any one else think we might get a release date as well today?

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
We all have heard that today's Google event will have information on the Google music service and "other" topics.

Any one else think we might get a release date as well today?

Doubtful at this event. First off, Google already announced phone. Secondly, this event is with T-Mobile. Verizon is the ones we are waiting on at this point.

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you never know but this is Tmobile and Google, so id assume a Galaxy Nexus on that network if anything. Knowing Verizon though, they can make an announcement right after online just to steal the thunder. Theyre pricks like that... But hey thats what i want so i dont care, haha.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Google needs to agree to exclusivity only when the carrier is willing to release their phone at a time Google wants...not the carrier. If the carrier cannot or won't agree to this then its stupid to let one carrier have exclusivity because they will hold Googles phone hostage until they squeeze their profits out of the ones they want to push. It would have been so much better to let this phone out to all the carriers that wanted it. I'll be shocked if Google does this again with Verizon.

whartpence

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Google needs to agree to exculsivety only when the carrier is willing to release their phone at a time Google wants...not the carrier. If the carrier cannot or won't agree to this then its stupid to let one carrier have exclusivity because they will hold Googles phone hostage until they squeeze their profits out of the ones they want to push. It would have been so much better to let this phone out to all the carriers that wanted it. I'll be shocked if Google does this again with Verizon.

Maybe they do have that agreement. Maybe Verizon agreed to release the phone by the end of the year just as they have already said they would. I'm with you though, I think phones should be released at the same time on all carriers that want it.

If they do have an exclusivity agreement with Google, it probably ends by a certain date. So the more Verizon waits to release the phone the shorter the exclusivity period.

scotty_pimmpen

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand all the pessimism. I know this isn't a Verizon event, but Panada said we'd see the music store and the phone launched around the same time. Google is throwing a big event, why not use that attention to have Verizon announce the release date.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand all the pessimism. I know this isn't a Verizon event, but Panada said we'd see the music store and the phone launched around the same time. Google is throwing a big event, why not use that attention to have Verizon announce the release date.

Panda later tweeted that he was referring to the worldwide launch (which is tomorrow)...
black_man_x The Panda King
Been running all day.. When I said nexus launch I meant worldwide.. Not sure what all the furor is about. USA is coming soon.. Chill :)

My pessimism comes from the idea that I rather be pleasantly surprised than expectantly disappointed. Not saying it's not possible for Verizon to make an announcement, I just don't think it'll happen this week especially with all the conflicting reports with release dates.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Anything is possible really. Who knows, maybe Verizon isn't apart of this event, but might wait till have the announcement to announce its availability in a separate press release.

Sent from my HTC Mecha

scotty_pimmpen

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Panda later tweeted that he was referring to the worldwide launch (which is tomorrow)...

My pessimism comes from the idea that I rather be pleasantly surprised than expectantly disappointed. Not saying it's not possible for Verizon to make an announcement, I just don't think it'll happen this week especially with all the conflicting reports with release dates.

So the United States is not included in the "worldwide" launch?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Because they are all Debbie Downers and always look at the glass as half empty.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

He also tweeted the US would get it first.
@
@LeathermanGX NOOO.. actually I am a google lackey.. I dont care what carrier you buy it on.. but they will have in the US first..

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
@
@LeathermanGX NOOO.. actually I am a google lackey.. I dont care what carrier you buy it on.. but they will have in the US first..

He means Verizon would be the first US carrier to have the Nexus, not first in the world.

And at this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see T-Mobile lap Verizon by launching the GNex lol

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
@
Please follow the In Reply To link. He was replying to an accusation of being a Verizon lackey, thus, what he meant was "In the U.S., Verizon will have it first."