There's Two VZW Apps on the Nexus

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If you watch the videos on the Google Nexus Youtube Channel, they're using tthe Verizon Nexus and in the app tray you see My Verizon and VZW Contact Sync. Not too bad considering My Verizon is useful and the other oone can e disabled.

I'll post a link when I'm not mobile unless someone else can.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
That is what p3droid said awhile back. I know everyone seems to hate him but he did say there were 2 vzw apps on it.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I also seen Verizon backup assistant on one of the vids. I don't mind My Verizon data widget but, really don't want anything else.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully this phone is easily rootable and any Verizon apps can be deleted. At least City ID isn't one of the apps.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully this phone is easily rootable and any Verizon apps can be deleted. At least City ID isn't one of the apps.

Question about rooting. When you root a phone, it just gives you root access (hence the name). This means it doen't change anything, it just let you do things you otherwise couldn't do, like removing the VZW apps?

I don't want to change ICS but, it would be nice to remove the VZW apps permanently.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Question about rooting. When you root a phone, it just gives you root access (hence the name). This means it doen't change anything, it just let you do things you otherwise couldn't do, like removing the VZW apps?

I don't want to change ICS but, it would be nice to remove the VZW apps permanently.

That is correct. Root just gives you full access to the phone and you should be able to remove those particular apps.

I just say thankfully the bloat is a bare minimum. I can live with My Verizon since I use that quite frequently. The other two I can see being necessary for some users, so not a big deal. I'll just disable them with ICS new "disable app" feature. :)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I hope city id is included next to my Verizon widget those are my to favorite vzw apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope city id is included next to my Verizon widget those are my to favorite vzw apps.

I can't really tell if this is seriously or if its sarcasm because I can't imagine anyone actually paying the ridiculous prices they ask just to see what city a phone number is based out of.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon is in the market. But city id isn't.

There's other apps in the Market that have the same function, and for free I believe. The one I use was pulled a while ago but I have the APK saved.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't really tell if this is seriously or if its sarcasm because I can't imagine anyone actually paying the ridiculous prices they ask just to see what city a phone number is based out of.

I actually like that feature. When I had the Bionic, I didn't pay for anything and, it did that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca