Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Really hoping this means that it'll be released soon.... I'm so sick of Windows Phone 7 and just want to come back to Android.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I like the NFC feature. Question: What is the range? Is it "Very Near Field", as it appeared that the phones in the video example were almost touching when they were demonstrating it?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Verizon still managed to squeeze their logo on there. At least it's in the back and, I'll have a case on that.

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that the phone must be announced today, given the posting of the videos. There would be uproar (like there isn't now) if there was only silence from VZW. I expect it early this afternoon, with the announcement stating next week, perhaps Tuesday (to make room for Thanksgiving). FWIW.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
But for some reason, we still don't have one nor do we know when we can get one. So instead of "Ruling the Air", I'm "Ruling the choice to put my foot in Verizon's ass"

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I see the difference between international and vzw nexi. The sim card is located in different locations. If Samsung was smart they could have added a SD card so sad.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't mean squat. They posted them videos because the nexi is officially released. Really don't see why there's 2 videos for set up.
It seems to me that the phone must be announced today, given the posting of the videos. There would be uproar (like there isn't now) if there was only silence from VZW. I expect it early this afternoon, with the announcement stating next week, perhaps Tuesday (to make room for Thanksgiving). FWIW.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe Backup Assistant made it into the build. *sigh*

I've been on Verizon for nearly 8 years. I can't believe they ONLY included Backup Assistant and My Verizon.
Seriously, we dodged Let's Gold 2, VZ Navigator, City ID, Amazon MP3, Blockbuster, Bing (as if Google would allow it, but still), and Visual Voicemail. And I know I'm missing a few others.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been on Verizon for nearly 8 years. I can't believe they ONLY included Backup Assistant and My Verizon.
Seriously, we dodged Let's Gold 2, VZ Navigator, City ID, Amazon MP3, Blockbuster, Bing (as if Google would allow it, but still), and Visual Voicemail. And I know I'm missing a few others.

My Verizon made it on too, but I don't mind that one because I actually use it. I don't like Backup Assistant because I find it redundant on an Android (or any smartphone for that matter) device.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon made it on too, but I don't mind that one because I actually use it. I don't like Backup Assistant because I find it redundant on an Android (or any smartphone for that matter) device.

Well for better or worse, that's probably why it will continue to be on every Verizon phone. People move from feature phones to smartphones everyday. Not everyone is on a smartphone yet.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Well for better or worse, that's probably why it will continue to be on every Verizon phone. People move from feature phones to smartphones everyday. Not everyone is on a smartphone yet.

It's not like you can't get those apps from the market. No need force them on people who have no need for them.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I totally agree that there is a need for them for some people. I just don't see the need for them to be baked into the software is all.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe google posting all these videos and showing the clear Verizon logo and the Verizon apps on the phone is googles way of telling vow to hurry it up. They will make tons of sales in the UK and other international markets but if I'm a google exec i can't be too excited that the country my company is headquartered doesn't have the phone out, and when people keep asking in interviews all they can say is "soon" or "this year"

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Doubt it. Verizon usually makes announcements like that early in the morning. I think if anything, we get an announcement next week.