The Verge Review

tdubrpdx

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy JT's reviews but I feel his 8.6 score of the Nexus was mostly driven by the fact that the iPhone 4S also got an 8.6 and he didn't want to rock the boat.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Where did it say anything about verizon getting the 32gb? I saw he said it comes in 16/32 but never mentioned verizon.

llocknload

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy JT's reviews but I feel his 8.6 score of the Nexus was mostly driven by the fact that the iPhone 4S also got an 8.6 and he didn't want to rock the boat.

I completely agree. From what I could tell, he said the only shortcoming seemed to be that the camera could have used minor tweeks.

But he then goes on to say in the wrap up, "It's one of the best smartphones ever made... and it could be the best ever."

So apparently either (A.) the minor tweeks he thought it needed deserved a knock down of 1.4 points... or (B.) the ACTUAL "best smartphone ever made" will only score a 8.7 out of 10.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Or this years LTE version. Having LTE alone is worth an extra .1 in my opinion. By the way, kudos to The Verge. That is an extremely well put together review. It looks amazing, covers everything you'd like to see in a review, and uses a fair ranking system. I'll most likely be reading my reviews there from now on.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Well he has to leave some room in there for next year's nexus to improve

Phones are rated based on current conditions not on what is possible in the future. Otherwise any phone ever released should get a near 0 rating because a phone released 10 years from now would be leagues above it.

I bet my Nokia 3100 or whatever it was got a 9/10 back in the day.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Nice review. I'm really excited to get this phone. With every review I watch, I know I won't be disappointed.

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
WOW! The Verge is typically pretty critical, and they said,

"The Galaxy Nexus is the best Android phone ever made. It's one of the best smartphones ever made, and with a couple of minor tweaks (particularly to the camera), it could be the best smartphone ever produced."

This is the NON LTE VERSION.

OMG WE ARE IN FOR SUCH A TREAT :D

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
WOW! The Verge is typically pretty critical, and they said,

"The Galaxy Nexus is the best Android phone ever made. It's one of the best smartphones ever made, and with a couple of minor tweaks (particularly to the camera), it could be the best smartphone ever produced."

This is the NON LTE VERSION.

OMG WE ARE IN FOR SUCH A TREAT :D

I agree, every review posted so far has been pretty favorable.

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Phones are rated based on current conditions not on what is possible in the future. Otherwise any phone ever released should get a near 0 rating because a phone released 10 years from now would be leagues above it.

I bet my Nokia 3100 or whatever it was got a 9/10 back in the day.

Logic fails those who think we should rate phones based on what will be out next year, good effort in explaining though. Rate it for what it has and does now against others on the market and quite possibly against phones 3-6 months out to rate its futureproofness (wordsmythe at your door).

foolie#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I would not have expected for this device to meet Josh's requirements. Positively glowing review from a critic who's been criticized for apple favoritism!