Just left verizon.. Gave me a date

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnglad

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so take this how you will. I made up my mind today that I was sick of my charge, and that I was going to verizon after work and getting the RAZR to hold me over until the Nexus.

While talking to the sales guy, I said I was debating on either this (razr) or the Rezound. He gave me the details on both, even though I knew them already. I then told him that I've been reading about this Nexus phone, and asked if he knew when that was coming out. He told me to wait a minute, and he was going to go look it up on the computer. He came back a minute later and said, OK look, since you're semi interested in the nexus I'm going to just tell you to wait, because it looks like in the computer we are going to be getting them in on the 21st.

He said nobody really ever comes in and asks about the Nexus, and they really don't even want us to talk about it. So needless to say, here I am, still on my charge, hoping this guy wasn't full of bs. It's not like he said rumor has it, or I think, he said I am seeing we will be getting it next week. I asked him about the promos for it as well, and he said the day or night before will be it. This is a pretty big verizon store in NJ

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

johnglad

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Lol yes.. But why would he tell me that when I was ready to give them my money for the razr

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
the 21st keeps coming up from all kinds of directions.. I am really going to hope for it to be the launch day.. after the 21st I guess any time before December would be nice.

thescreensavers

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yet another dumb rumor.

There are plenty of VZW employees that woukd take a picture of the screen and send it to droid life, AC.. Etc...

But there isn't so.. There you go

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If true, they'll have to announce that tomorrow.

Not really. The droid 3 preorders launched without an announcement, not to mention they already announced the nexus just no release date. They most likely won't say anything and it will just show up on the site.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Yet another dumb rumor.

There are plenty of VZW employees that woukd take a picture of the screen and send it to droid life, AC.. Etc...

But there isn't so.. There you go

The only thing is most people that don't visit sites like these have no idea of the nexus. They know less than you and I and most probably do not care enough to do that, they just are in it for the paycheck.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess we will know Monday, if it's true or not. Monday is actually better for me because, I'm off during the week.

mripirate

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
my local verizon store employees keep telling me that don't know when the nexus is gonna "hit". When i mentioned ice cream sandwich, one of them said, "what is that?"

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I had a Verizon customer service lady tell me last night that she has had training/watched videos on the nexus, but its not in their new device info screen. Said its coming, but everything other than the iphone shows up in there a week or two before release.

So who's right..this Verizon lady, your guy who said 21st, the salesman a month ago that said 14th, twitter leak ers that said 7th or 10th etc etc

Point is, I don't think anyone knows yet. And if they do, they ain't ready to say anything. I want it as much as you, and my Razr rental is up on the 30th (not trying to screw Verizon, my phone broke and I needed it in the AM for work, customer service suggested trying it and returning to the D2 coming in the mail if nexus isnt out yet) but rumors/crying/emails etc ain't making it come any faster

Reactions: ManBearPig618

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Not saying it makes it true, but comparing a phone call to customer service to a visit to the store doesnt work. One wants to sell you the phone; the other is trained to be as vague as possible.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with two different Verizon stores tonight and neither had a clue on when they would get stock of them and start selling them. The second store I spoke with knew what I was talking about because hes waiting on the Nexus to upgrade his phone too. So Its looking like it wont be Monday. Wish it was though. Im ready to own one myself

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The only thing is most people that don't visit sites like these have no idea of the nexus. They know less than you and I and most probably do not care enough to do that, they just are in it for the paycheck.

Yes, another reason to hope it will be out Monday.

I really doubt that if it were actually in their computers it wouldn't have leaked yet. I'm sure the employees are trained to keep any unannounced info under wraps, but someone somewhere is bound to leak the info when it becomes available. I don't see this phone launching the same day it's announced for Verizon but I'm hoping for preorders to start either tomorrow or Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781