11/21/2011: VZW Nexus (Unconfirmed)

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't post this if it was just a 'my parents dog groomer said' thing. I used to work for Verizon Wireless about 3 years ago and many of the people I used to work with still do. One of them moved to an indirect chain around here, but still has many contacts within corporate Verizon. According to him, they are looking to push this out on November 21st. Apparently the decision isn't hanging on some "bug", but whether the release of the Galaxy Nexus is going to greatly reduce the sales of the Razr/Rezound (which many of us have speculated for a long time).

According to him, they do have the stock available. Is it at the stores yet? No. It really is just a matter of if the Nexus is going to be counter-productive against all the marketing they've put forth with the Razr and Rezound. He was told that they've never been sold on releasing it earlier than next week and that this has been their game plan for some time.

Again, while I trust my source, this still isn't confirmed. It does fall in line with what we've been hearing lately, but when I asked what the odds were, I got a "80%" answer. Do with it what you want.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Of course, I'll keep myself from getting my hopes up. At this point, I'd be happy to just see an official December launch date.

I guess one can dream...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I am sure you will get some idiot coming on here talking about his friends sisters mother or something but it seems this date is popping up a lot lately. I am not going to put too much on it in case it does not happen but I am hoping it does happen.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes this is still a my pet groomer's uncles nephew's sister's roommate thread...Please...please....please stop. Everyone has heard something. Aggregate it all in one thread so everyone that doesn't care can easily avoid all the extra rumors. This is not meant to be a slight against you or what you believe to be the "truth", it is a hope that everyone will stop tossing around unfounded rumors and either show some concrete proof or just wait it out like everyone is in the end anyway.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting info like this for a while now, but until I got something over 50%, I wasn't saying anything. This is the most confident he sounded in telling me since this whole thing started. What we have is a tug of war between Samsung and Verizon. One is extremely confident in their sales potential, the other is interested in protecting their investments a little while longer. It's an interesting story.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting info like this for a while now, but until I got something over 50%, I wasn't saying anything. This is the most confident he sounded in telling me since this whole thing started. What we have is a tug of war between Samsung and Verizon. One is extremely confident in their sales potential, the other is interested in protecting their investments a little while longer. It's an interesting story.

You would think since verizon makes majority of their money off of plans they would want the most phones out they could have to cover all the market. I mean all three of these devices will be marketed to a different crowd. Some will get the rezound just for the beats headphones, some will get the razr for the build quality, and those will get the nexus who want to tinker with their phones and a pure google phone. If I was verizon I would have all 3 out especially with black friday coming up and possible sales that will come around black friday. After that people won't spend as much since many spend all their holiday money then.

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
i_want_to_believe.jpg

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Lets be realistic, k....

When does Verizon get shipments? If they do not ship over the weekend, if stores do not see stock on Friday (tomorrow), it won't be for sale on Monday.

Reactions: scottwright

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea but they do know most of the Razr/rezound will probably going back. Wouldn't that hurt their investment anyways?

Well if it is the 21st then I'm ready for it. Ill get my Christmas money/birthday money gathered up and wait for it to be announced.

Thanks for the info.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you on this, Adrynalyne, but you can basically throw the rule book out for this one. If this was a normal launch and went by all the standards Verizon typically goes by, it would have been announced already.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The date isn't what concerns me. Its how soon it is, vs. no stock in stores, LOL.

Razr supplies came in days before the launch. So did the Rezound. The window of opportunity is quickly closing.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not disputing that, either. We have 3 days left to find out. Although apparently "waffles26" says his father just confirmed it for him? Who knows.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I pulled an eye muscle from all the eye rolling viewing all these un/non-confirmed release date threads.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I posed the same question to him. My store manager friend has heard nothing of the such for the 21st. Does Verizon typically drop surprises in their laps?