Take it with a grain of salt, December 1st....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm like the last person who wants to start these types of threads but after now hearing information from two people who I trust and have been correct for me in the past with regards to release dates, and I haven't seen a thread with this date I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. As usual, take it with a boulder sized grain of salt....

One of my friends has been a high producing retail sales associate in multiple locations with Verizon for about 8 years, in addition to holding some other corporate position with them, and has been reliable with trying to pinpoint releases in the past, told me first week of December when I asked him.

My brother in law owns 3 authorized retail stores in central FL today told me December 1st when I inquired on the release date. Every other Android device I've been interested in and have gotten from him, he always tells me ahead of time the release date that he has at the time from his regional manager, and he has been correct. He usually gets advance notice so he can order and stuff and also gets training and promo materials and orders dummy phones.

Nothing confirmed or anything but the 1st is a Thursday which is typical of Verizon device launches and I now have a knowledgeable Verizon sales rep tell me first week and my brother in law tell me the 1st so I guess I'm looking forward to that date. If it comes sooner then great.

Reactions: klutch.SuLLy

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm like the last person who wants to start these types of threads but after now hearing information from two people who I trust and have been correct for me in the past with regards to release dates, and I haven't seen a thread with this date I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. As usual, take it with a boulder sized grain of salt....

One of my friends has been a high producing retail sales associate in multiple locations with Verizon for about 8 years, in addition to holding some other corporate position with them, and has been reliable with trying to pinpoint releases in the past, told me first week of December when I asked him.

My brother in law owns 3 authorized retail stores in central FL today told me December 1st when I inquired on the release date. Every other Android device I've been interested in and have gotten from him, he always tells me ahead of time the release date that he has at the time from his regional manager, and he has been correct. He usually gets advance notice so he can order and stuff and also gets training and promo materials and orders dummy phones.

Nothing confirmed or anything but the 1st is a Thursday which is typical of Verizon device launches and I now have a knowledgeable Verizon sales rep tell me first week and my brother in law tell me the 1st so I guess I'm looking forward to that date. If it comes sooner then great.

Actually no thursday used to be typical. Razr launched on a friday and rezound launched on a monday. Pleas quit making these threads there are already ten others saying the same thing. Plus Vzw is being tight lipped I doubt your friend is going to be told anything about this.

Reactions: gshock413

klutch.SuLLy

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Simmer down there Teddy Ruxpin (see above posts) - he's sharing personal experiences, which to him, have been accurate in the past.. Take lunch break much?

Thanks JoJo

Reactions: JoJoCal19

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually no thursday used to be typical. Razr launched on a friday and rezound launched on a monday. Pleas quit making these threads there are already ten others saying the same thing. Plus Vzw is being tight lipped I doubt your friend is going to be told anything about this.

If you don't like the thread, keep going and don't take the time to bother posting.

Like I said, I've never started these types of threads nor would I normally, but my brother in law in fact knows launch dates ahead of time and has been correct in letting me know many launch dates ahead of time. You don't think retailers find out on launch day or even a couple of days ahead of time do you? If so then you obviously don't have a clue about retail let alone owning a retail store. Retailers have to get training, order inventory, order dummy phones and promo materials ahead of the availability date.

As for my friend, like I said, he's been a long time sales rep and has many higher up contacts, and has also been correct in letting me know dates. I do take my brother in laws info more seriously of course.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like the thread, keep going and don't take the time to bother posting.

Like I said, I've never started these types of threads nor would I, but my brother in law in fact knows launch dates ahead of time and has been correct in letting me know many launch dates ahead of time. You don't think retailers find out on launch day or even a couple of days ahead of time do you? If so then you obviously don't have a clue about retail let alone owning a retail store. Retailers have to get training, order inventory, order dummy phones and promo materials ahead of the availability date.

As for my friend, like I said, he's been a long time sales rep and has many higher up contacts, and has also been correct in letting me know dates. I do take my brother in laws info more seriously of course.

Read the bold, clearly you started a thread so you would start threads like this. I am just saying if you were to post in another thread it would be different but to create your own thread and say, "well I don't create these threads is a bit hypocritical. Just saying. Plus if it was online online for a period of time these stores would not need inventory until an in store launch was occurring. Sorry that concept is so over your head.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Read the bold, clearly you started a thread so you would start threads like this. I am just saying if you were to post in another thread it would be different but to create your own thread and say, "well I don't create these threads is a bit hypocritical. Just saying. Plus if it was online online for a period of time these stores would not need inventory until an in store launch was occurring. Sorry that concept is so over your head.

The concept is not over my ahead and you're posts tell me how little you understand of the concept of retailing. When is the last launch of an Verizon Android device that has had a long online exclusivity period, if one at all? You don't think retailers (corporate and authorized) find out any later just because a phone is going to be online only for a few days, up to a week do you? You think they can just pull everything together in a weeks notice, order and actually have stock, in that short of a time? No.

And yes, never started a thread like this until now.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The concept is not over my ahead and you're posts tell me how little you understand of the concept of retailing. When is the last launch of an Verizon Android device that has had a long online exclusivity period, if one at all? You don't think retailers (corporate and authorized) find out any later just because a phone is going to be online only for a few days, up to a week do you? You think they can just pull everything together in a weeks notice, order and actually have stock, in that short of a time? No.

And yes, never started a thread like this until now.

When is the last time verizon had a nexus?

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
When is the last time verizon had a nexus?

Doesn't matter. The Nexus is still a smartphone and retailers still have to prep just the same as if it were any other device. As a matter of fact, if the Nexus is to be treated so special by Verizon, then one would discern that they would need even more preparation, training, and promotional materials, thus needing more advance notice. But if you had business sense or retail knowledge you would know that and would't have to answer a question with a question.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter. The Nexus is still a smartphone and retailers still have to prep just the same as if it were any other device. As a matter of fact, if the Nexus is to be treated so special by Verizon, then one would discern that they would need even more preparation, training, and promotional materials, thus needing more advance notice. But if you had business sense or retail knowledge you would know that and would't have to answer a question with a question.

But it does matter. Verizon clearly favors the phones they can load with bloat. By selling it online only( for who knows how long) would get them to sell more of the other phones since most would not know it is even available since most buy in store. Sorry your logic is flawed and if you cannot see why then I apologize for making you upset over the fact that stores do not need to know and 99% of the time do not know.

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
PEOPLE!!? Don't make me crack out the Susan Powters, "Stop the Insanity", references!!! [insert the 'don't make me pull this car over' tone here]

Oh great, there it is, I just made the reference! See what you made me do!?

-me

Reactions: KG II

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh gawd!! And now another new thread about an already talked about date. If I had a gun I think I might shoot this computer (yes, I know its shooting the messenger but that's all I have in front of me)!

Oh yeah, and as of yesterday my cat is now puking up hair balls made of pure 24k gold and each is stamped with the date of the GN launch on it. And no, I'm not sharing it with anyone!!

Reactions: Premium1

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
. Sorry your logic is flawed and if you cannot see why then I apologize for making you upset over the fact that stores do not need to know and 99% of the time do not know.

Really? My logic is flawed? So retail stores just find out on the actual launch day, or even 2 or 3 days ahead of time and have enough time to train, prepare, and order training materials and stock? Haha you really don't have a clue if you think thats the case. And you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Like I said, my brother in law, and any other authorized retailer, is in constant communication with regional managers on what devices are coming down the pipeline and when to expect them, when to start preparing, etc etc. Yes the dates they get are never concrete until officially announced by Verizon, so they are always a moving target, but they do firm up the closer to the actual planned launch date, unless something else causes it to change. Really it's a simple retailing concept and something you seem to have no clue of. Maybe you should stick to playing MW3, rather than understanding real world concepts.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh gawd!! And now another new thread about an already talked about date. If I had a gun I think I might shoot this computer (yes, I know its shooting the messenger but that's all I have in front of me)!

Oh yeah, and as of yesterday my cat is now puking up hair balls made of pure 24k gold and each is stamped with the date of the GN launch on it. And no, I'm not sharing it with anyone!!

Or you could've saved yourself the time and trouble it took to respond to a thread you had no interest in, in the first place.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Really? My logic is flawed? So retail stores just find out on the actual launch day, or even 2 or 3 days ahead of time and have enough time to train, prepare, and order training materials and stock? Haha you really don't have a clue if you think thats the case. And you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Like I said, my brother in law, and any other authorized retailer, is in constant communication with regional managers on what devices are coming down the pipeline and when to expect them, when to start preparing, etc etc. Yes the dates they get are never concrete until officially announced by Verizon, so they are always a moving target, but they do firm up the closer to the actual planned launch date, unless something else causes it to change. Really it's a simple retailing concept and something you seem to have no clue of. Maybe you should stick to playing MW3, rather than understanding real world concepts.

Good to see your poor reading comprehension. Like I said if it is going to be sold online for a week or two before launch in stores the stores would know nothing. Sorry but you can act like you know so much but you really don't. A web only, would mean no stock for stores, maybe that concept is just to hard for you to comprehend since you know so much about retail. Ha MW3? That game is over rated, but I am sure you play it all the time

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Long story short. I don't think the store owners or some non-disclosed corporate person who was previously in sales would know the release date. Verizon wouldn't be able to keep release dates a secret if every store owner and every low level corporate person was in the loop.

It defies logic.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Or you could've saved yourself the time and trouble it took to respond to a thread you had no interest in, in the first place.

A lot of these people, especially in this thread, are on a rampage today for no apparent reason. I guess its hip to be mad at the world on Fridays.

I heard similar rumors, but I don't put stock in any date right now. None, at all. It will be here by 12/31, Im sure.

Reactions: KG II

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
oneup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar