The Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be the last Verizon Phone I'll own!

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I am sick and tired of this waiting game. One month later and we still don't have so much as a whisper from Verizon. First the 3rd, then the 7th, then the 11th, 18th, 21st, 28th, now the 8th? THIS IS ABSURD. UTTERLY ABSURD.

And NOW it comes to light that the reason to delay till the 8th is to GET A PIECE OF BLOODY BLOATWARE TO WORK!?!?!?!?

I HAVE HAD IT!

If anyone knows a surefire way to annoy the living hell out of Verizon corporate, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, I'd like to see who else is with me in deeming the Galaxy Nexus their last Verizon phone ever.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: The Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be the last Verizon Phone I'll

I think I'm going to buy the RAZR this weekend. It's time to rent a phone!

Reactions: ejaymd11

johnglad

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I just did that today... So far I'm liking it coming from my charge... The new date you can return it by is January 15

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

If there is no announcement by monday I will be renting either the razr or rezound depending on which I like better.

kyle1745

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

While I agree with the frustration Verizon has not said anything. There are lots of rumors and hype which are not very trustworthy.

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

probably will be picking up the rezound this weekending @ costco.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

While I agree with the frustration Verizon has not said anything. There are lots of rumors and hype which are not very trustworthy.

Agreed. Hate Verizon all you want, but hate them for facts, not rumors. Verizon has never set a date for this phone, so they technically aren't "late" or "screwing anyone over."

I can say that if anyone else had as good of network as Verizon, I'd switch tomorrow.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

I am thinking switching to the Iphone. I don't like Apple at all but they are the only ones that have the balls to stand up to Verizon. As much as I want the Nexus I don't want Verizon to it up with bloatware.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

If you are that disgusted why get one more? Kind of hard to take the high road while saying, ok, one more.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

When it comes to the renting practice, I'm not sure that the $35 restocking fee actually does make Verizon a profit. After someone owns that phone, they can only use it as refurbished, which greatly lowers the value of the phone. I think if you want to screw with Verizon, maybe that's the right path of action for you. As for me, I think it's a little shady and I HATE setting up phones (flashed a little too many leaked updates with my thunderbolt). But to each his own.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

haha, sorry. The OP and thread title made me laugh a bit.

I can understand the frustration though. Being strung along like this with nothing to go on but rumors...it's just crappy. I think it's just rude and bad etiquette at this point. And to delay a major phone launch because non-related ICS junk software. Garbage. I think the handling of this phone in the U.S. is quite embarrassing and well....selfish.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
HQExec.Relations@verizonwireless.com

I used this email to complain about the Droid Eris not getting updated to 2.1. After 2 days they relented and allowed me to get a new phone at the NE2 price, only 2 months after getting the Eris and renewing my contract.

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.

rayj2B

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

I've decided not to wait for the Nexus as my service with AT&T in southeast Virginia is better than Verizon. I tried the RAZR and yes using Speed Test it has great speeds but on my iPhone4 with AT&T my download speeds are over 3Mbps sometimes up to 5 all over the Norfolk and Virginia Beach area. Verizon's downloads are ALL under 2Mbps and usually around 1Mbps on 3G. Go ahead spend your money on a 4G LTE which won't give you a full day's use. My iPhone4 on AT&T takes me through the day and then some. Come Tuesday the 22nd it's good bye to Verizon. AT&T gives me the best service and best data speeds.:D

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Yea I pretty much can't wait till AT&T has their LTE network and HSPA+ network up to Verizon type of coverage. I'll switch in a heartbeat. So tired of Verizon's crap. But they have the network I want so I keep taking it from them.

One reason I love my iPhone 4, Apple does what Apple wants. Wish the other manufacturers would band together and do the same.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I was going to buy one from a overseas company called hantec. A guy over at the XDA-dev forum bought one but, they are sold out now. I entered my email for them to notify me when it's available again. If I receive the email soon and, especially before we here anything from Verizon; I may seriously consider getting it. From my understanding this phone will work on T-mobiles HSPA+ as well as At &T's 3G.

It comes out to a little over $700.00 U.S. after shipping.

Here is the link in case any of you are interested.

Buy Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB (SIM Free/Unlocked) Reviews

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site

^^ Amen, why make this your last VZW phone, why not make your current phone your last??

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Yea I pretty much can't wait till AT&T has their LTE network and HSPA+ network up to Verizon type of coverage. I'll switch in a heartbeat. So tired of Verizon's crap. But they have the network I want so I keep taking it from them.

One reason I love my iPhone 4, Apple does what Apple wants. Wish the other manufacturers would band together and do the same.

AT&T just recently got into the Android game after swearing it off for quite a while. I would not make that switch over something like this. Just my opinion.

I do wish that a carrier would rival Verizon's network and knock them back in place though. There's seriously no competition right now.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I almost made the switch to Verizon for this and now I'm glad I stayed with ATT and pre-ordered the GSM version with a ship date of next friday. Three things really bother me about the VZW version:

-Still has bloat (not true to nexus)
-Has VERIZON written on the back
-The release debacle that is taking forever

Does the bloat or verizon wording on the back not bother you guys?