AddversitY

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
What's there to say. Verizon has honestly been upsetting everybody with the release of this phone. It's a plain given. The fact that it's not looking good (rumor wise, of course) in the near future and rather a possible December launch has really been aggravating me. Along with the mindset that the GNex will be obsolete (yes, I know all phones are constantly becoming obsolete) to quad-core phones has been triggering my mind.

If there were another phone released, coming with Android 4.0 and a quad-core processor, what would you do? Stick it out? The GNex looks great, but it's at the point where I have just been waiting too long (I'm extremely impatient and I accept that). ALONG with all the ty things that are *rumored* to be happening to the VZW version of the Nexus, I think I've about decided to veto this phone. Hopefully I can get a top of the line quad core phone come January, I'll hold off with a crappy flip phone for now. </3

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
What's there to say. Verizon has honestly been upsetting everybody with the release of this phone. It's a plain given. The fact that it's not looking good (rumor wise, of course) in the near future and rather a possible December launch has really been aggravating me. Along with the mindset that the GNex will be obsolete (yes, I know all phones are constantly becoming obsolete) to quad-core phones has been triggering my mind.

If there were another phone released, coming with Android 4.0 and a quad-core processor, what would you do? Stick it out? The GNex looks great, but it's at the point where I have just been waiting too long (I'm extremely impatient and I accept that). ALONG with all the ty things that are *rumored* to be happening to the VZW version of the Nexus, I think I've about decided to veto this phone. Hopefully I can get a top of the line quad core phone come January, I'll hold off with a crappy flip phone for now. </3

Quad cores will be announced in jan but most likely won't come out until much later. Plus what do you need quad core in a phone for? Not to mention how bad battery life will be since they have still not gotten battery life down with dual core.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus still interests me because of what it is. All of the features (which are well known at this point, and not worth repeating) that are unique to a Nexus phone are the reason why I will continue to wait. The "delays" aren't really delays since Verizon never announced a release date, but their silence on the release of this phone is ridiculous to say the least.

That said, I don't think there will be another phone that can rival the Nexus, for what it is, for awhile. I'll wait on the quad-core phones until they figure out how to utilize all 4 cores and not shred battery life in the process. Simply put, I'm annoyed too, but I still believe this phone will be worth the wait.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus now it says 16 gb of storage and not 32? If this is true does it change anyone from wanting to get it? Hopefully this will be a little cheaper full retail if this is the case.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ob?so?lete   [ob-suh-leet, ob-suh-leet]
adjective
no longer in general use; fallen into disuse:
of a discarded or outmoded type; out of date:

Synonyms
2. antiquated, ancient, old.

I don't think anyone will be chucking out their gnex's in january, nor will anyone call them 'ancient' I sure hope not, since i'm getting mine after Christmas.

also, it will be AT LEAST 6 months before ICS is the norm from other companies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7