Souring on the gnex

tugcapt1#CB

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else souring on the gnex from vz? Iffy camera reviews, lagging on live wallpaper, low benchmarks (ics using alot of the resources), only 16gb on vz, battery reviews not encouraging. I wish vz got the s2, might be a better phone. Disappointed....

Reactions: quikric and Poopai

Csdaytona

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Idk who's to blame for the delay but I'm not waiting any longer, getting a Razr tomorrow. If and when the Nexus comes out I'll take a look at it and decide whether to switch. But yeah, definitely starting to lose the excitement for the Nexus.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Idk who's to blame for the delay but I'm not waiting any longer, getting a Razr tomorrow. If and when the Nexus comes out I'll take a look at it and decide whether to switch. But yeah, definitely starting to lose the excitement for the Nexus.

I agree. I'm picking up the Razr today as well. The Nexus processor is a little better as is the screen. ICS is coming on the Razr soon but Moto's radios are historically better as is the build quality.

The kickers for me are the recent revelations that the GN may not have Flash and has been knocked down to 16GB. No SD card is a big deal for me. I don't want to have to stream everything because my phone's storage is maxed out.

I have been reading about the Razr battery issues and many who complained initially have set up Smart Actions properly and are getting results that are actually pretty impressive. Coming from and Incredible, I will welcome automated tasks for what I used to do manually.

And if the battery craps out on me, I'll make sure the Razr falls and breaks and I'll get a new unit under my insurance coverage.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else souring on the gnex from vz? Iffy camera reviews, lagging on live wallpaper, low benchmarks (ics using alot of the resources), only 16gb on vz, battery reviews not encouraging. I wish vz got the s2, might be a better phone. Disappointed....

If u watched the reviews, which it looks like u did, u would see that there is flash! It looks like all u did was scan the reviews for all of the cons! what happened to all of the pros? Oh yeah, and why don't u try putting a heavy live wallpaper on your phone. They lag on EVERY phone.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
anyone seeimg the farce that was the bionic launch being repeated with the gnex? I'm pretty surprised that the 16g is the only option, not 32 as well

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Whaaat? no flash?......only 16 gig? Is this true?? wow, I may just keep the razr then. I really want a GS2....but I can't give up the unlimited data.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Definitely. And when even Panda seems to be forsaking the Verizon version of the phone on twitter, you know there's a problem. But even so, all of these things don't both me as much as the inclusion of Verizon's bloatware and them locking the bootloader. It's not surprise to me, though. I was suspicious from the beginning that Verizon would try this.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've soured on Verizon period. They've been trying to run me off for sometime and well looks like they have succeeded. I pay them way to much money for this BS!! But yeah Google may have failed with this device. Apple has nothing to worry about.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I admit I'm beginning to sour on the Nexus as well. And to think that Verizon passed on the GS2 for this. I really wanted the GS2 until I found out they passed on it. Then became very interested in the Nexus. But I may now just try the Rezound.

Te biggest thing for me though is that I don't want to feel like I'm settling for something. And getting the Rezound seems that way. But the Nexus seems to be getting that way too.