Source for "no flash" claims?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok then...

Other than LTE, what does the Galaxy Nexus have left to make it better than, say, a 64 GB Iphone 4S?

apples and oranges

Do you want a 3.5" screen or a 4.65" screen?
Do you want a retina display or a 720p pentile display?
Do you want the best camera on a phone available or a really good camera with no lag?
Do you prefer IOS or ICS/ANDROID?
Do you want a glass phone or a plastic phone?
Non removable battery or removable battery?

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I read something on xda that flash will be updated to work with ics.....at this point it is a matter of not being compatible with ics....but will be.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would just release it an let the massive devs work out the problems....

With all the devs we have and very good at that. Can probably fix the problem faster then only a few peeps working.
Hell if they want they could even probably make those two bloatware work for ilthe nexus...

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Someone Posted This Photo of the Nexus with flash on it I think it might be Photoshopped?

Screenshot_2011-11-18-10-04-29.png

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
apples and oranges

Do you want a 3.5" screen or a 4.65" screen?
Do you want a retina display or a 720p HD pentile display that also has a retina display ppi count?
Do you want the best camera on a phone available or a really good camera with no lag?
Do you prefer IOS or ICS/ANDROID?
Do you want a glass phone or a plastic phone?
Non removable battery or removable battery?
Do you want a locked down ecosystem that doesn't support the hacking community or do you want a more open ecosystem that doesn't mind the hacking community?

Fixed it for you.
:)

Also (op), Google has said that they might add Flash to the Galaxy Nexus in a future update.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have flash installed on my ICS MiUi Thunderbolt ROM (restored from backup). I can confirm that it doesn't work. Adobe will work it out/ work with google to work. Same thing happened with the Honeycomb tablets.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I say good riddance, I uninstalled flash from my incredible and haven't missed it at all. most flash on websites is just ads anyways, and that which isn't, hardly works.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok then...

Other than LTE, what does the Galaxy Nexus have left to make it better than, say, a 64 GB Iphone 4S?

If you have to ask what the differences are between an Android phone and an iOS phone you shouldn't be considering a bleeding edge Android phone in the first place.

The Android community generally accepts bleeding edge issues, knowing they will be fixed in the future. We want the flexibility the phone offers. Besides rooting (relatively few do that), the Android OS offers incredibly more flexibility than iOS.

That being said, perhaps an Apple phone is more your speed... and there's nothing wrong with that. I owned the first three iPhones and enjoyed them immensely. I prefer Android now, but if I didn't use any of the flexibility that Android offers (as you apparently don't), I'd certainly own an iPhone. There are less issues because of the fact that it is so tightly controlled/limited.

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I for one am glad if it ships with no flash installed. The only reason I rooted my charge is to physically remove the flash player app from it. And flash eradication applies to all of my computers, tablets and the phone.

The technology is utter garbage - crashes all the time and really cuts into battery life. The biggest improvement i've ever had to my laptop's battery life (while browsing web) was removing any traces of adobe's flash from it. Literally added almost hour and half to battery life.

There is a reason adobe themselves decided to abandon it. As far as i am concerned its a +1 to google to not include it with nexus.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Will be a easy port from Honeycomb. I bet devs will have it working 100% in a couple weeks after release. May even have a hacked version from GSM before its released to us...

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I for one am glad if it ships with no flash installed. The only reason I rooted my charge is to physically remove the flash player app from it. And flash eradication applies to all of my computers, tablets and the phone.

The technology is utter garbage - crashes all the time and really cuts into battery life. The biggest improvement i've ever had to my laptop's battery life (while browsing web) was removing any traces of adobe's flash from it. Literally added almost hour and half to battery life.

There is a reason adobe themselves decided to abandon it. As far as i am concerned its a +1 to google to not include it with nexus.

I just changed Flash to on demand in my browser and then it doesn't load unless I want it to. Flash never runs in the background now. I don't like Flash really and I do agree that it's not very well optimized at all if it can't run smoothly on a phone running CM7 at 1.2 GHz, but it's all over the place.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800