I have waited for MONTHS (literally, five months without a phone)

for the Galaxy Nexus, and as we all know, we don't even have a release date for the thing. Furthermore, it lacks flash support, only comes in 16 gb, and with every day that passes without a verizon release, specs get further and further behind the curve.

I need a phone.

And I'm sick and tired of waiting.

Why don't I just go out and buy an Iphone 4S? What does the nexus offer that the Iphone doesn't? At least Apple is good about telling carriers to cut their and release their damn products on time.
    11-19-2011 10:07 AM
    ICS and a 4.65" display
    11-19-2011 10:09 AM
    If I tell you to get a 4S, does that mean you'll leave this site and stop making whiney threads?
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-19-2011 10:10 AM
    Just go get an iphone. Clearly that will work better for you and then you won't be upset about not having a phone.
    11-19-2011 10:11 AM
    The ONLY thing is ICS running and optimized out of the box and the screen at this point. I would not be getting this phone otherwise.
    11-19-2011 10:11 AM
    the attractive thing is that by buying it, you can save yourself 2 years of VZ launch BS since the Nexus has a very large lifespan. The Nexus One is still running strong.
    11-19-2011 10:14 AM
    Its not my bionic.
    11-19-2011 10:14 AM
    The Nexus One is still running strong.
    And so is every other 1ghz phone. However, the Nexus One was the Nexus to get, and I wish I did get it, instead of getting the Droid just before it came out (Which is kind of like getting the Galaxy Nexus just before quad-core now) as it actually had good hardware to go with its software. It's a crime that this hasn't held true for the proceeding Nexii.
    11-19-2011 10:18 AM
    And so is every other 1ghz phone. However, the Nexus One was the Nexus to get, and I wish I did get it, instead of getting the Droid just before it came out (Which is kind of like getting the Galaxy Nexus just before quad-core now) as it actually had good hardware to go with its software. It's a crime that this hasn't held true for the proceeding Nexii.
    the nexus s has good hardware. I mean at the time the hummingbird was one of the fastest single cores out there. The nexus s still performs better than a lot of dual cores.
    11-19-2011 10:24 AM
    the nexus s has good hardware. I mean at the time the hummingbird was one of the fastest single cores out there. The nexus s still performs better than a lot of dual cores.
    The Nexus S had the worst hardware of all. It was a joke. The only sequel-worthy improvement it had was a front facing camera. And this talk about it performing better than dual-cores is shenanigans.
    11-19-2011 10:28 AM
    The Nexus S had the worst hardware of all. It was a joke. The only sequel-worthy improvement it had was a front facing camera. And this talk about it performing better than dual-cores is shenanigans.
    clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. How does it have worse hardware than the nexus 1? More ram, better screen, better processor? Maybe you just don't understand how that works?
    11-19-2011 10:32 AM
    Your opinion on the hardware is like i said, just opinion. Many like Samsungs build quality. Not heavy and tough buy light. I never seen someone with a cracked or chipped samsung phone.

And no, your judging lifespan by how many people will own the phones. The Thunderbolt will be done by next year. Sure there may be some who still have it and flash roms. But after being such a highly touted phone, it will be finished. It's not getting ICS or Jelly Bean. Only upgrades it gets will be bug fixes. The Nexus has ICS, will get Jelly Bean and maybe even the OS after that depending on hardware requirements. And since it's a stock phone, once google ends it updates, you can still flash a stock ROM on it with no problem. Unlike other phones that require tons of nightly builds and month of testing.
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-19-2011 10:34 AM
    clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. How does it have worse hardware than the nexus 1? More ram, better screen, better processor? Maybe you just don't understand how that works?
    It should be obvious, but when I say "worst hardware" I'm referring to the hardware in comparison to the current environment of hardware when the phone releases. The Nexus one was had 1ghz just when 1ghz came out. The Nexus S had 1ghz just when dual-core was coming out. Thus, the Nexus S had worse hardware than the Nexus One in relation to the current environment of hardware during the respective phone releases. And the the same can be said for just about every other specification other than the processor.

Also, you should note that I said that the Nexus S didn't have any "sequel-worthy" improvements over the Nexus One, not that it didn't have any. The screen and processor upgrades aren't worthy of a sequel device, and the Nexus S actually had the same RAM as the Nexus one.
    11-19-2011 10:41 AM
    What's left to make the Galaxy Nexus an attractive option?
    Launching it. All of these BS frustrations will go away when the GN is easily bought... Then about two weeks later, people will ooo and ahh over the first quad-core phone.
    11-19-2011 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD