What's your backup plan?

Choose your own adventure! (Read below first)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretend it's December 5th, not one word of the Nexus has been made from now until then. Not a single word has been spoken by Verizon, Google, or even little ol' Samsung (why would they anyways..?), and there's no planned press conference that is known to the public to change that on this day.

How do you handle this situation?

Do you stick with the Nexus? You've waited so long, why give up now?!

Do you get something else you wanted? Something else HAD to catch your eye before the ICS flagship phone was announced!

Do you "rent" something? Hope there are developments within the next two weeks!!

Stay with what you have. Gotta save the upgrade for a quad-core, 4GB RAM, 64GB of storage phone with a 10MP camera and a 4.99" screen, right??

Something more extreme (leave Verizon, change phone platforms, etc)?

What. Do you. Do?!

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: What's you backup plan?

If nothing is announced and the rezound has an ics rom I will most likely go that route. The rezound is just as nice a phone and has better specs in some areas so it wouldn't be like I am settling, I just wouldn't get updates right from google. Oh well.

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I'd buy off-contract for AT&T to keep my unlimited data and wait for their LTE to reach me. The new iPhone and Mega quad-core's will be out soon.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I forgot I had to make the poll and tabbed away. LOL. Go ahead and vote if you want to, you three. Haha

GTX1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

If December passes in its entirety without a release, Apple will have sold another White iPhone 4S 32GB.

The Rezound? HTC's battery life = crap . .5" thick. (Half an inch!)

Razr? I'm a Droid X user. F&^k you Motorola. You'll never get another dollar from me. Plus I think the Razr is ugly besides the thinness.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

I don't have a back-up plan. The Razr is too thin for me and I have no interest in the Rezound since I swore off HTC after owning the Thunderbolt for 6 months.

I guess my back-up plan is too wait it out.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

If December passes in its entirety without a release, Apple will have sold another White iPhone 4S 32GB.

The Rezound? HTC's battery life = crap . .5" thick. (Half an inch!)

Razr? I'm a Droid X user. F&^k you Motorola. You'll never get another dollar from me. Plus I think the Razr is ugly besides the thinness.

You must not have read any of the rezound reviews then because all say battery is much better than the 1st gen lte phones. Not to mention go hold one it does not feel heavy or thick in hand unless you do absolutely no physical activity.

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I might just look for a new ROM to flash on my Droid X. Mix things up a bit. (suggestions?)

I'm definitely waiting out the GN though. Renting scares me as I would probably break the phone or something and they wouldn't take it back.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Imminently released? Clearly you did not read what the OP said. Maybe go back and read it and you would see his scenario was nothing being said by dec 5th.
I read it the first time. December 5 is less than a month away! That's imminent to me.

We know it's coming. We know how much it'll be and how it'll work. So what if it's three weeks of no more news? We only need to know when we can buy it... and then we will buy it.

mebaker

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This poll answers it all. As much as we are mad pizzed off sick to our stomachs, whatever 99% of us are going to wait and get th GNEX when it comes out no matter what. Verizon has no motivation to move quickly. by the time we are all eligible again they can do it to us again and we will rant and wait again. JMHP!:mad:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The fact that NOTHING will be said by 12/5 is a big qualifier. The chances of that happening are next to nil, but I'll play along... I will wait for the Nexus. I have said several times over the summer that I am glad I am not due for an upgrade because there was nothing out that I was willing to commit 20 months to. Same goes for now, if they were to come forward now and say "no nexus for verizon. Sorry. ", I would have to take a real good look at my options.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Probably would get a phone that has a good dev following. I doubt that would be the Razr and I don't like Motorolas anyways, so I would probably check out the Rezound and maybe see if Samsung announces a Charge 2 or something.

But lets just assume it will never come to that.