Idk man this phone is not all that IMO

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Its called, "google and verizon screwing with us" it will have 32gb and flash once its compatible with ICS.

Btw it will be all that. Better then any phone available.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
If you feel that way then don't get it. Leaves more for people that want it......

Lol feel what way? I didn't make the article. All I'm saying is that it needs to live up to the hype. Especially after making everyone wait for it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol feel what way? I didn't make the article. All I'm saying is that it needs to live up to the hype. Especially after making everyone wait for it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Verizon said end of year. It was tech and blog sites that said it was supposed to be out before then. Technically verizon still has time to meet the vague date they gave.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I hate to break it to everyone but every time a phone is announced, the hype machine begins. Nothing lives up to the hype. Remember when the mecca was first announced with the supposed dual core? Remember the bionic fiasco? Remember vzw vetting the sgs2? If no one ever listens to anything I say, please listen to this. The more you want something the more disappointed you will become, especially with the new 4g phones. Don't set yourselves up for disappointment. This really isn't just about the nexus, but all.

Reactions: AZDROIDX

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Its called, "google and verizon screwing with us" it will have 32gb and flash once its compatible with ICS.

Btw it will be all that. Better then any phone available.

Do you have a Nexus S? Did you leave VZW or Sprint to get that? I know Sprint has it now but that was the best thing back then? IMO is wasn't the best, it's your opinion and it's cool.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
To me Google is taking an Apple approach to hardware and it slightly annoys me. They take the whole "lets make a phone with current specs but nothing new or better than the current best" attitude. I mean the 5 mp camera is pointless to argue because I know mp is not the answer however the ignorant masses do not and they know they Iphone has an 8mp so what is this 5mp crap on a google phone? No SD card is just plain dumb IMHO. No USB mass storage a.k.a you need to be a geek to fully enjoy this phone and we don't care about the masses who will return this for an easy to use Iphone or whatever is cool looking at the time. To me the best aspect was the screen and the rezound has a better one so I mean I am not sure why Google is not just coming out of the gate fighting to change everyone to android especially with the fail the Iphone 4s was. To be honest if this did not have ICS I would be choosing the Rezound right now hands down.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
To me Google is taking an Apple approach to hardware and it slightly annoys me. They take the whole "lets make a phone with current specs but nothing new or better than the current best" attitude. I mean the 5 mp camera is pointless to argue because I know mp is not the answer however the ignorant masses do not and they know they Iphone has an 8mp so what is this 5mp crap on a google phone? No SD card is just plain dumb IMHO. No USB mass storage a.k.a you need to be a geek to fully enjoy this phone and we don't care about the masses who will return this for an easy to use Iphone or whatever is cool looking at the time. To me the best aspect was the screen and the rezound has a better one so I mean I am not sure why Google is not just coming out of the gate fighting to change everyone to android especially with the fail the Iphone 4s was. To be honest if this did not have ICS I would be choosing the Rezound right now hands down.

The nexus is a developer phone. I do not understand why it is so hard for people to grasp that concept, meaning they do not care if the normal person does not know how to do it or does not choose the phone. Google makes money off android whether you buy a nexus or one of the many other android phones.

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

Eh I think you need to go research some of your claims further, a lot of them are exaggerations of the truth or just not true at all. Just saying...

Reactions: Premium1

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The nexus is a developer phone. I do not understand why it is so hard for people to grasp that concept, meaning they do not care if the normal person does not know how to do it or does not choose the phone. Google makes money off android whether you buy a nexus or one of the many other android phones.

I get it and don't completely fault them for it but do not see why they almost refuse to push the envelope and make it a phone for all. It is like they say it is a developer phone and we will be damned if its not and do not want to maximize sales whatsoever. I mean it is great phone don't get me wrong but I feel their staunch developer attitude could change slightly.

jraugh528

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Why do people keep believing this? Yes, the Galaxy Nexus is a developer reference phone, but the argument that Google doesn't care if the average person doesn't know how to use it or doesn't choose the phone makes no sense.

Remember, Android is open source. Manufacturers have to pay to have the proprietary Google apps like GMail and the Android Market installed on the phones but not to license the core of the Android OS (That's why Amazon was able to get away with an Android based Kindle Fire). Google doesn't make much money on Android itself.

Google makes most of its money through advertising. The whole point of Android is to get Google search (and ad supported apps) on millions of phones so Google makes a boatload of money off of Android users. A phone that is difficult to use by the average person will not be purchased or used. Google clearly believes ease-of-use is essential to increasing Android adoption and competing effectively against the iPhone. Why else did they spend so much of the ICS presentation talking about the strides they made making the Android UI more attractive, friendly and more consistent to use?

Google absolutely wants this phone in as many hot little hands as possible, because this is the one phone that Google can control the user experience and the updates of their latest and greatest. The more people who can experience the latest they can provide, the more money they make. Simple as that.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Why do people keep believing this? Yes, the Galaxy Nexus is a developer reference phone, but the argument that Google doesn't care if the average person doesn't know how to use it or doesn't choose the phone makes no sense.

Remember, Android is open source. Manufacturers have to pay to have the proprietary Google apps like GMail and the Android Market installed on the phones but not to license the core of the Android OS (That's why Amazon was able to get away with an Android based Kindle Fire). Google doesn't make much money on Android itself.

Google makes most of its money through advertising. The whole point of Android is to get Google search (and ad supported apps) on millions of phones so Google makes a boatload of money off of Android users. A phone that is difficult to use by the average person will not be purchased or used. Google clearly believes ease-of-use is essential to increasing Android adoption and competing effectively against the iPhone. Why else did they spend so much of the ICS presentation talking about the strides they made making the Android UI more attractive, friendly and more consistent to use?

Google absolutely wants this phone in as many hot little hands as possible, because this is the one phone that Google can control the user experience and the updates of their latest and greatest. The more people who can experience the latest they can provide, the more money they make. Simple as that.

Well those things people complain about how many average users would not know that it even had that? I mean iphone has no sd card and plenty use iphone, plus the other things are not something everyday consumers will use or know if it has or does not have it.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Eh I think you need to go research some of your claims further, a lot of them are exaggerations of the truth or just not true at all. Just saying...

How? The camera is 5mp no questions asked, no SD card is confirmed by Google. Everything I said was confirmed by Google?? The taking apple's approach is my opinion based on the hardware specs and the rezound has a better ppi so none of this needs to be researched at all and none are exaggerations

jraugh528

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Well those things people complain about how many average users would not know that it even had that? I mean iphone has no sd card and plenty use iphone, plus the other things are not something everyday consumers will use or know if it has or does not have it.

I'm not sure I follow you, but I think you're saying that the things people complain about here are things the average user might not care about.

I think it really depends on what people want out of a phone. The iPhone doesn't have an SD card but it also comes in a variety of sizes (16, 32, and 64GB) to satisfy different user's storage needs. That's not true with the Nexus, so the phone buyer has to decide whether the included storage (maybe in combination with cloud storage) will meet their needs.

I really don't think the average user is as stupid as people around here think. They may simply have very different priorities than us when it comes to what they consider important in their phones. That doesn't necessarily make them wrong.

Just because a phone is considered to be "the standard" for ICS development doesn't mean it's not intended to be sold to the masses.

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
How? The camera is 5mp no questions asked, no SD card is confirmed by Google. Everything I said was confirmed by Google?? The taking apple's approach is my opinion based on the hardware specs and the rezound has a better ppi so none of this needs to be researched at all and none are exaggerations

Sigh...

"They take the whole "lets make a phone with current specs but nothing new or better than the current best" attitude." So you want them to go into the future and bring back tech that isn't available yet? Current specs, sure, but find me something better. Tegra 3 phones won't be available until February/March at the absolute earliest, and even then you are going to have to wait a few more months to get them in the States. GNex specs are top of the line at the moment.

"I mean the 5 mp camera is pointless to argue because I know mp is not the answer however the ignorant masses do not and they know they Iphone has an 8mp so what is this 5mp crap on a google phone?" So, Google should try to appease the iPhone crowd by going with an 8mp? This is why I say you need to do more research. Go look up comparison shots between the GSII and the GNex. GNex has superior low-light capture as lower MP sensors often capture details in low-light better. Also, 0 shutter lag is a FIRST in any smartphone. They could not get the same results with an 8 mp camera. In a nutshell, I am saying that the camera is better than every other Android smartphone that exists right now, and is ever so slightly just under the i4S. But yet, you still wanted Google to go with the 8 mp, just because the higher number would attract the mainstream.

"No SD card is just plain dumb IMHO." In your opinion. In a lot of other people's opinions, it is simpler and more intuitive to have one storage area with one fast partition for storing everything rather than dealing with slower storage cards and having to read/write to multiple storage areas/partitions

"No USB mass storage a.k.a you need to be a geek to fully enjoy this phone" This is just plain factually wrong. If you didn't already know, this isn't the first Android device that performs this way. The Galaxy Tab 10.1, which I own, is the same deal. You plug it into your Windows computer and it connects, and then allows you to transfer files back and forth. It works in exactly the same way, just uses a different protocol. You do not need to be a "geek" to do this. And anyway, this was debunked by Google, so I don't need to do any more explaining. Look it up

"To me the best aspect was the screen and the rezound has a better one" If you think the Rezound has a better screen because it has a SLIGHTLY better PPI than the Nexus then you really don't understand display technology. PPI isn't everything. Color saturation, contrast, brightness, black level, and battery consumption all matter, and arguably more-so than PPI. I would take the original ( and yes, pentile) Galaxy S display, being an AMOLED, over the Iphone Retina display any day of the week. And I would take the Galaxy Nexus' AMOLED display over the ReZounds any day. Blacks that are truly black that do not consume any energy, better colors and brightness, higher contrast. If you compare the Rezound and GNex screen, you will not be able to distinguish the PPI difference. I promise.

But, to each their own. I know I can't convince you that the GNex isn't crap since you just about slammed everything about it. But that's OK, because that means there will just one more device available on launch day, increasing my odds of getting one right off the bat.

Get whatever makes you happy, just know that the Nexus isn't as horrible as you make it out to be, and the Rezound, while it is a nice phone, is absolutely not a better device than the Nexus.

Reactions: Premium1

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Sigh...

"They take the whole "lets make a phone with current specs but nothing new or better than the current best" attitude." So you want them to go into the future and bring back tech that isn't available yet? Current specs, sure, but find me something better. Tegra 3 phones won't be available until February/March at the absolute earliest, and even then you are going to have to wait a few more months to get them in the States. GNex specs are top of the line at the moment.

"I mean the 5 mp camera is pointless to argue because I know mp is not the answer however the ignorant masses do not and they know they Iphone has an 8mp so what is this 5mp crap on a google phone?" So, Google should try to appease the iPhone crowd by going with an 8mp? This is why I say you need to do more research. Go look up comparison shots between the GSII and the GNex. GNex has superior low-light capture as lower MP sensors often capture details in low-light better. Also, 0 shutter lag is a FIRST in any smartphone. They could not get the same results with an 8 mp camera. In a nutshell, I am saying that the camera is better than every other Android smartphone that exists right now, and is ever so slightly just under the i4S. But yet, you still wanted Google to go with the 8 mp, just because the higher number would attract the mainstream.

"No SD card is just plain dumb IMHO." In your opinion. In a lot of other people's opinions, it is simpler and more intuitive to have one storage area with one fast partition for storing everything rather than dealing with slower storage cards and having to read/write to multiple storage areas/partitions

"No USB mass storage a.k.a you need to be a geek to fully enjoy this phone" This is just plain factually wrong. If you didn't already know, this isn't the first Android device that performs this way. The Galaxy Tab 10.1, which I own, is the same deal. You plug it into your Windows computer and it connects, and then allows you to transfer files back and forth. It works in exactly the same way, just uses a different protocol. You do not need to be a "geek" to do this. And anyway, this was debunked by Google, so I don't need to do any more explaining. Look it up

"To me the best aspect was the screen and the rezound has a better one" If you think the Rezound has a better screen because it has a SLIGHTLY better PPI than the Nexus then you really don't understand display technology. PPI isn't everything. Color saturation, contrast, brightness, black level, and battery consumption all matter, and arguably more-so than PPI. I would take the original ( and yes, pentile) Galaxy S display, being an AMOLED, over the Iphone Retina display any day of the week. And I would take the Galaxy Nexus' AMOLED display over the ReZounds any day. Blacks that are truly black that do not consume any energy, better colors and brightness, higher contrast. If you compare the Rezound and GNex screen, you will not be able to distinguish the PPI difference. I promise.

But, to each their own. I know I can't convince you that the GNex isn't crap since you just about slammed everything about it. But that's OK, because that means there will just one more device available on launch day, increasing my odds of getting one right off the bat.

Get whatever makes you happy, just know that the Nexus isn't as horrible as you make it out to be, and the Rezound, while it is a nice phone, is absolutely not a better device than the Nexus.

Well clearly you do not know how to read because I am getting the nexus and was not "slamming" anything just not quite agreeing with it all. Go to the future for new tech no but how about giving that 4460 omap a slightly higher clock like 1.5 although I know due to driver integration it really would yield little results but why not? What part of I know the mp does not matter, makes you think I need a lesson in camera tech? I was saying from a marketing stand point I was surprised they chose to go 5 and never said it was crap because of it, I was meaning the normal people will think it is crap because apple has blessed them with an 8mp camera so it must be the best available. Also read the review posted about issues they have run into because of lack of USB mass storage mode like certain devices not registering and computers not reaching certain files, maybe research should be done by you because I am not spouting hatred at all. I am just looking at aspects the "crowd" will see and might continue on to the next device if a small issue pops up. "No USB Mass Storage – they've opted for media device profile instead. My Xbox recognizes it but can't play any content. It doesn't work with my car stereo. It doesn't work with my TV. My laptop will see it, but I can't see certain hidden folders. This has just removed a huge aspect of flexibility from Android. It's no longer universal, and more like an iPhone now in that respect." that was given by a nexus user that has it in hand in the U.K which is where I got the idea from. Also I know the screen tech is better I just think a Super LCd is really good as well so instead of it being better it is the same imo because each tech has pros and cons. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...50-honest-review-i-thought-i-would-share.html http://www.ti.com/general/docs/wtbu...ntId=53243&navigationId=12843&templateId=6123

Last edited: