why do phone makers keep launching on verizon?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
verizon consistently ruins the launch of every phone except the Droid and the iphone. Happens every time. They delay the launch, they put almost no money/advertising behind it, their sales people don't push it and the phone ends up doing much worse than the initial buzz would indicate.

Instead when a phone launches on another network and does well, Verizon fights to get it. Verizon is killing the nexus right now...

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
verizon consistently ruins the launch of every phone except the Droid and the iphone. Happens every time. They delay the launch, they put almost no money/advertising behind it, their sales people don't push it and the phone ends up doing much worse than the initial buzz would indicate.

Instead when a phone launches on another network and does well, Verizon fights to get it. Verizon is killing the nexus right now...

I don't want any phone to launch on any network that doesn't have LTE, and I don't care how much they screw up launches. Up until At&t just recently that's been Verizon.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish the press release had said "By the end of the year", and not " Later this year". That to me is not by the end of the year but that's just my opinion.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Phone makers also realize that Verizon has the best network and a lot of customers - that's why Verizon can get away with crappy phone launches.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

For one good reason. They make lots and lots of $$$$$$

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has 80+ million customers maybe that is why. They advertise their phones a lot. I see multiple rezound and rhyme commercials more than I see razr commercials. People and moan yet they do plenty of advertising for their phones. Every carrier pushes certain phones if you do not think that is the case you have no clue about the carriers. Not to mention verizon never announced a date so you getting all up in arms is your own fault for coming to sites like these and believing the various rumored dates. After all they are just that....rumors.

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wonder when the heart attack reports are gonna start rolling in... you people are stressing yourself out. Verizon has phones they are currently promoting. Yes, it would be great if they gave the choice to the customer but the fact is the Nexus isn't going to do much for them. They have other phones they want to push first and make money off their services. The mobile tech/geek community is a minority in their eyes, the majority doesn't give a damn about a vanilla phone. Who do successful corporations please? The majority.

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Because there are millions of people who don't care nearly as much as we do about a pure android experience and will buy whatever is marketed to them?

We form the very small minority. Most people don't think Verizon bungles launches. Hell, most people are probably overjoyed with the Razr, iPhone 4S, and Rezound, and have no idea what the Galaxy Nexus is.

Verizon is very, very good at selling phones and making money. I hate their guts, but I won't deny fact.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish the press release had said "By the end of the year", and not " Later this year". That to me is not by the end of the year but that's just my opinion.

so then what is it then? I mean the year still ends the same time so what does it matter if they say by end of the year or later this year? The first one is more firm but still are pretty similar.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Verizon said the Nexus would be released by the end of the year so they have plenty of time to advertise and release the Nexus.

I don't get this talking point. I guess if we existed in a vacuum and we didn't have trusted sources close to the situation this would make sense. There is a ton of wild speculation for sure, but to act like everything is A-OK because Verizon sent out a Friday press release with a "later this year" is a bit naive.

Google/Samsung were aiming for an early November launch and it's pushing towards December. The phone is out in the UK. Verizon is the problem.

Reactions: ManBearPig618

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't get this talking point. I guess if we existed in a vacuum and we didn't have trusted sources close to the situation this would make sense. There is a ton of wild speculation for sure, but to act like everything is A-OK because Verizon sent out a Friday press release with a "later this year" is a bit naive.

Google/Samsung were aiming for an early November launch and it's pushing towards December. The phone is out in the UK. Verizon is the problem.

"trusted sources"? no it is rumors that nobody knows who came from. It is funny everyone gets up in arms but verizon said by end of this year and they still have time to meet it. You are not in the meetings when they discuss so you are clueless to know when the date was scheduled to launch. Maybe verizon was waiting originally and all these false hopes were nothing more than that for those foolish enough to believe them.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I'm sure you have evidence to support the claim? Circumstantial evidence is always an awesome means for attempting to prove a point. But, at least in this case, there is reasonable doubt regarding your claim.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you have evidence to support the claim? Circumstantial evidence is always an awesome means for attempting to prove a point. But, at least in this case, there is reasonable doubt regarding your claim.

Before you dismiss it so quickly, I'd like to point out that circumstantial evidence is enough to get a warrant and a date in court. Doesn't mean it's all true but it has been enough to convince jurists of reasonable doubt.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Before you dismiss it so quickly, I'd like to point out that circumstantial evidence is enough to get a warrant and a date in court. Doesn't mean it's all true but it has been enough to convince jurists of reasonable doubt.

Well thank you for that. I'll also take that as a confirmation you have nothing more than a theory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad