If RAZR gets ICS, will it beat NEXUS?

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
"The Razr just feels horrible. Might just be me though."

Personal preference. It feels very comfortable to me. Heavy for it's size, but that tells me it's well built. And it fits easily in my shirt pocket.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Didn't Motorola state earlier in the year that they would do away with their locked bootloaders by the end of the year?

Well its almost the end of the year and their unlocked bootloaders are no where in sight.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Motorola state earlier in the year that they would do away with their locked bootloaders by the end of the year?

Well its almost the end of the year and their unlocked bootloaders are no where in sight.

I think the Razr is unlocked on other carriers but Verizon requested to have it locked, so I doesn't matter if Moto had it unlocked or not.

I wonder if Verizon asked to have the Nexus locked as well?

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I see where only a few mentioned reliability of call quality or reception. Also from what I have read the RAZR has the same gpu as the G Nexus.
I have read some articles where the G Nex has its issues as well.
Also I know the screen on the Nexus will probably blow the RAZR out of the water.
But what I did notice, and I have heard that it wasn't the final build; and some do not think that
it is a valid test.
But on the quadrant; where the have the two planets going. That part of the graphics test seems
to be smoother on the RAZR than the G Nexus. I know in other bench marks the G Nex smokes the RAZR. But in just that instance it was a step ahead (smoother), and the eyes don't lie.
IMO the screen on the RAZR has come a long way.
Also the pocket drop test; come on to be fair shouldn't we drop both of them in like conditions; in addition to submerging them both in water..... the RAZR it touted to be water proof.
When the G Nex hits if it does before the 9th of Jan is there a chance I will switch u betcha ya.
But whilst I rock the RAZR no call connect issues, and no BT issues.
N I do like the look and feel of the RAZR yeeup..... Rooting and romming is not a deal breaker for me. Also the skin overlay that Moto is using is really kinda nice; coming from one who used launcher pro on his previous device. Droid Charge. Also I might like to add that each Sammy device I have had on
Verizon has given me a problem, but for the most part each Moto device I have had has been just fine.
Especially my OG droid.
Thats my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it.
BTW I do think the Nexus is one sweet device....
So there:cool:
Oh and one other thing, quit touting the camera, it aint the camera....... it's the photog behind it.
Thats why when I want to do some serious shooting, I grab muh Nikon ;) :D :cool:

Reactions: anon(558804)

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I see where only a few mentioned reliability of call quality or reception. Also from what I have read the RAZR has the same gpu as the G Nexus.
I have read some articles where the G Nex has its issues as well.
Also I know the screen on the Nexus will probably blow the RAZR out of the water.
But what I did notice, and I have heard that it wasn't the final build; and some do not think that
it is a valid test.
But on the quadrant; where the have the two planets going. That part of the graphics test seems
to be smoother on the RAZR than the G Nexus. I know in other bench marks the G Nex smokes the RAZR. But in just that instance it was a step ahead (smoother), and the eyes don't lie.
IMO the screen on the RAZR has come a long way.
Also the pocket drop test; come on to be fair shouldn't we drop both of them in like conditions; in addition to submerging them both in water..... the RAZR it touted to be water proof.
When the G Nex hits if it does before the 9th of Jan is there a chance I will switch u betcha ya.
But whilst I rock the RAZR no call connect issues, and no BT issues.
N I do like the look and feel of the RAZR yeeup..... Rooting and romming is not a deal breaker for me. Also the skin overlay that Moto is using is really kinda nice; coming from one who used launcher pro on his previous device. Droid Charge. Also I might like to add that each Sammy device I have had on
Verizon has given me a problem, but for the most part each Moto device I have had has been just fine.
Especially my OG droid.
Thats my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it.
BTW I do think the Nexus is one sweet device....
So there:cool:
Oh and one other thing, quit touting the camera, it aint the camera....... it's the photog behind it.
Thats why when I want to do some serious shooting, I grab muh Nikon ;) :D :cool:

The razr's gpu is clocked lower.
Every phone will have issues but the gn 's will be fixed much quicker assuming its a software issue.
Samsung will always have better screens then Motorola its their business just like Motorola will have a better radio.
The GN will be faster, its hardware is better with no skin on its os.
There are plenty of drop test of the sgs2 and they are always pretty good.
The razr is "splash resistant " do not submerge it in water, the sealed battery helps the razr in this but its more of a coincidence. Just like the iPhone is somewhat splash resistant.
Motorola's optics in the razr are the limiting factor and this is the main reason I don't have one. My father does and although the pics were .....ok..... they were not on par with current high end phones.
My 2 cents.... :)

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Moto holds the key.

Verizon holds the whip.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just got my Razr in the mail and just now activated it. So far I love the screen, its beautiful. But I have to say that I'm not that impressed with the camera. It seems like the flash and shutter aren't insync with each other. I took 10 pictures and they are all blurry. When you click the button to take a pic the flash comes about a second later but the actual shot seems to be when you press the button...which makes sense as to why they are blurry.........kinda weird. Another thing I don't like about it is how thin it is. I'm a big guy, 6'3", and I have big hands and this thing is waaay to thin for me. But I won't complain because I'm just renting...hehe

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I don't like about it is how thin it is. I'm a big guy, 6'3", and I have big hands and this thing is waaay to thin for me. But I won't complain because I'm just renting...hehe

This is why I'm afraid to do any renting. I have big hands, too, and if it's awkward to hold I'd probably be so paranoid of dropping it, that I actually would. I just don't trust that nothing will happen to the rental between now and release.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
...The razr is "splash resistant " do not submerge it in water, the sealed battery helps the razr in this but its more of a coincidence. Just like the iPhone is somewhat splash resistant....

The circuit boards in the Razr are also covered with some coating that makes it "splash" resistant as well, it's not just the sealed battery.

I own the Razr and love the phone. The build quality is top notch on this thing and runs very smooth. No lagging what so ever while using it. Also, yes it is a bit to thin but I always put my phones in a case and I am using the Verizon smooth "gel" case. It only adds just a hair in thickness but makes a huge difference in holding the phone without a case. It does not add any bulk and I sometimes forget it's even in my pocket.

Once the Razr gets ICS, the only thing I can see that I may want that the Nexus has is the NFC since a lot of stores by me having been updating their checkout lines with Google Wallet and NFC readers. I'm not to fond of Samsung phones and their reliability. I've owned a number of Samsung "dumb phones" in the past as well as one of their Android phones and they were horrible in reliability. They looked great on paper...but sucked in real world, I hope that since Google had some influence in the Nexus that it will be different.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The circuit boards in the Razr are also covered with some coating that makes it "splash" resistant as well, it's not just the sealed battery.

I own the Razr and love the phone. The build quality is top notch on this thing and runs very smooth. No lagging what so ever while using it. Also, yes it is a bit to thin but I always put my phones in a case and I am using the Verizon smooth "gel" case. It only adds just a hair in thickness but makes a huge difference in holding the phone without a case. It does not add any bulk and I sometimes forget it's even in my pocket.

Once the Razr gets ICS, the only thing I can see that I may want that the Nexus has is the NFC since a lot of stores by me having been updating their checkout lines with Google Wallet and NFC readers. I'm not to fond of Samsung phones and their reliability. I've owned a number of Samsung "dumb phones" in the past as well as one of their Android phones and they were horrible in reliability. They looked great on paper...but sucked in real world, I hope that since Google had some influence in the Nexus that it will be different.

U know as hot as the Nexus looks; that is what I worry about. The overall reliability of it as it's primary function. Being a phone......
Call quality; voice connectivity.
I live in LA; and passing thru downtown, there os this one spot on my charge and my fasc that I would always drop a call. With the RAZR driving thru same spot no drop.
Its gonna be hard.
I guess it may be like this.....
I guess it's kinda like this.
The GN a hotttie supermodel, great in bed willing open to adventure, may sometime say no, might be flaky.
The Droid Razr, nice bod maybe not as flashy; not as adventerous. House always clean; always there; dinner always done, and never never has a headache.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
U know as hot as the Nexus looks; that is what I worry about. The overall reliability of it as it's primary function. Being a phone......
Call quality; voice connectivity.
I live in LA; and passing thru downtown, there os this one spot on my charge and my fasc that I would always drop a call. With the RAZR driving thru same spot no drop.
Its gonna be hard.
I guess it may be like this.....
I guess it's kinda like this.
The GN a hotttie supermodel, great in bed willing open to adventure, may sometime say no, might be flaky.
The Droid Razr, nice bod maybe not as flashy; not as adventerous. House always clean; always there; dinner always done, and never never has a headache.

Samsung didn't do the radio software. I had an Epic and the reception was a big issue. I've since moved to verizon and an HTC thunderbolt which 1 or 2 of those changes have made the difference in the world. When the samsung read full bars, my car would say 3/5. When my thunderbolt says full bars, the car says full bars. I have yet to Roam on Verizon, which was a daily occurrence with Sprint.

Last edited:

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised so many people are impressed with the Razr screen. I'm the exact opposite. Maybe I was spoiled with the Galaxy S2, but this screen is far from impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci