Release Dec. 8th?

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I called my local verizon store to see if the GN was out yet. They said no, put me on hold to check on it, came back and said it's scheduled for release on Dec. 8th. She seemed very sure of the date.

Anyone else heard this?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There have been a bunch of dates going around and until Verizon makes the announcement these are all just guesses.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I called my local verizon store to see if the GN was out yet. They said no, put me on hold to check on it, came back and said it's scheduled for release on Dec. 8th. She seemed very sure of the date.

Anyone else heard this?

double_facepalm_tng.jpg

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else heard this?

Just add it onto the list of dates that have been suggested. LOL, there are folks who think that the device has been delayed even though there hasn't been a single announcement made by VZW giving us a specific release date.

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Assume the 8th, hope for something earlier.

Sounds like good advice. A Black Friday launch seems optimistic at this point, unless VZW drops the release on us with no notice. There are only two more business days left prior to Black Friday, so any pre-release notice had better come pretty darned soon.

We'll get it when we get it, I guess.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like good advice. A Black Friday launch seems optimistic at this point, unless VZW drops the release on us with no notice. There are only two more business days left prior to Black Friday, so any pre-release notice had better come pretty darned soon.

We'll get it when we get it, I guess.

technically 3 since black friday usually doesn't have the deals until after midnight on thur( well fri)

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
technically 3 since black friday usually doesn't have the deals until after midnight on thur( well fri)

Thursday's not a business day, and today is half over from the business perspective. That makes two days, effectively. :)

On the other hand phones mysteriously showing up in shops on Friday would be kind of an interesting surprise.

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Fascinate, which was the very highly anticipated phone from Verizon last fall, came out with only a couple days notice, and after significant delays and lots off blank silence from big red.

DessVZW

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Please look at the two attached images in my post here. Read them, in full. It has full launch details for phones around/on Black Friday, and after. The Galaxy Nexus is scheduled to launch on December 8th, after Black Friday.

In essence, there is no Black Friday launch. There is no November launch. This phone IS scheduled for December 8th. Verizon OMM Merchandising wouldn't have false information. There is no hope for Black Friday or any other November launch date. Two weeks. Wait it out. We'll get our phone.

DessVZW

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I saw those printouts, but I still classify that as "rumor" until we have official word from Verizon. Basically, I'm not holding my breath...

/facepalm

This IS official word from Verizon. It's from Verizon TO Verizon. This wasn't meant for public consumption, however, it doesn't make it ANY less true than if they held a press conference about it.

Explain to me, then, why Verizon would give a "rumored" date to their own employees who are responsible for 1) Making sure the store meets all OMM/merchandising standards at all times 2) Is ready, both in terms of accessory and device inventory but also in marketing, signage, posters, etc., for the launch of a device

There are a lot of things I am willing to put some faith in to believe, for the sake of believing it. However, one of them is NOT the purposeful spread of misinformation to corporate employees by other corporate employees for the sake of perpetuating a rumor and confusing a handful of nerds on the internet.

I get that we don't want the 8th to be true. I hate it, because I thought I'd have had the GN in my hand back on October 27th. I believed a stupid rumor that was never proven with any kind of OMM screenshot like the one I've provided here. The 8th, however, is believable because it's been officially communicated by VZW internally, from those who knows to those who need to know.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
This IS official word from Verizon. It's from Verizon TO Verizon. This wasn't meant for public consumption, however, it doesn't make it ANY less true than if they held a press conference about it.

We've seen similar sheets before and those dates got passed so don't blame people for being a little hesitant to jump for joy.

Reactions: qnet and Premium1

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
/facepalm

Assuming that thing is real, of course. I'm not saying it's fake, but do we know the name of the person who sent it or received it?

Either the 1st or the 8th makes sense at this point, anyway. And a coordinated U.S./Canadian launch makes the most sense, so I'm banking on the 8th, regardless of mysterious pictures of redacted e-mail looking thingies. :)