Verizon will call it the Nexus Prime !

mynewride

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
i just went into best buy mobile and they showed me a buyers guide that will be released dec. 1. it shows the nexus prime to ve available under 2 yr contract for 299. it doesnt list any specs so the phone could be slightly different.

ad states the following:

"Combine the best features you love from honeycomb and gingrebread os and you get the ice cream sandwich (android 4.0). More customization and faster ways to get new features like 3d maps, voice search and commands, and google +"

2 year plan 299
2 year upgrade 299
2 year add a line 299
no contract 799

IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8025.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
What a bunch of misinformation by bb. For all those we allready have those features. And we all ready know its not a nexus prime. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mynewride

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
when i went into verizon saturday the lady there called it the prime. i thought that was wierd since its been called the galaxy nexus forever now. oh well i tried to get everyone some information. i did get my hands on a case for it a week and a half ago at my verizon store.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
What a bunch of misinformation by bb. For all those we allready have those features. And we all ready know its not a nexus prime. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

How do you know they won't call it that??? I doubt bb would make millions of flyers if they weren't given info from verizon.

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
They can call it whatever they want, I will forever refer to it as the Nexus Prime, as it should be...

VS910 4G Kangwich

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
actually, you can search for "nexus prime" or even just the word "prime" on vzw's site and they both send you to the g-nex page. very odd...

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this must be a mistake. Sometimes these flyers are made up to six weeks in advance. Six weeks ago there was still a lot of confusion about the name of the device.

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
You also have to remember, BB prints out these promotional flyers months ahead of time. That was probably being made sometime in late September, which at the time it was still thought to be the Nexus Prime...if anything it shows that the information we are getting is the information most people are getting and only a select few are privy to the actual details, everything else is fragmented as to keep the testing users as isolated from the big picture as possible.

Reactions: ggpike

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea, why would you assume that BB is wrong in calling it the Prime? That's the most legit thing I've seen posted here yet.

They also had it in print that the VZW HTC Merge was coming soon. We all see how well that went over. They are misinformed.

The VZW press release called it Galaxy Nexus. End of.story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton