Nexus Excitement Dying Down?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone one find this to be the case with this phone? I was really excited for it to launch after its announcement and stayed that way for several weeks, but now I'm starting to feel a little disenchanted with it given VZW's never ending cloud of secrecy. I feel like they've robbed me of being excited about this phone because of one buzzkill delay after another.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was really excited when rumors first popped up but the longer it goes without being released the less I really care about it. I am going to get a new phone and who knows when the nexus comes out I may not get that. It just seems like verizon did not really want to sell it they just wanted exclusivity so other US carriers could not get it right away.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If you want to stay excited stay off the forums. To the average consumer the gnex (if they know about it at all) is an exciting phone that verizon will have coming out soon. They don't know about any delays because....well there haven't been any.... the phones release date has not been announced. The gnex is still the same phone it was last week..... if you liked it then you should still like it now.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Exactly how I'm starting to feel. The wait has really killed some of the excitement i had for this phone. But when it comes out, I'll buy it because who knows If Verizon will continue the Nexus. I want that experience, so I'll strapped myself down with the GALAXY NEXUS. I probably won't be rushing to get it at this point.

Sent from my HTC Mecha

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've felt robbed ever since I saw it was underclocked and ever since saw how bad the GPU was, and just recently when I saw how unimpressive the camera is.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I really thought today was the day we would hear SOMETHING from VZ. Since the business day is done on the east coast, its not happening. I'm still somewhat excited for tomorrow. If nothing then Wednesday?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish cdma was easier to get phones like at&t and tmo is. You can import whatever phone you want and not get shafted by the carriers.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've felt robbed ever since I saw it was underclocked and ever since saw how bad the GPU was, and just recently when I saw how unimpressive the camera is.

I'm going to say this nicely - we all know how you feel about this phone. You think it's underspeced...that's fine. That isn't what this thread is about. I'm directing it at people who feel, largely due to the delays (yes, delays) that have occurred, the Nexus has lost some of its shine.

If you'd like to discuss what you feel are technological shortcomings, by all means, create and devote a thread to it. It's a legitimate topic of conversation for many. But please stop injecting those comments where they don't belong - you sound like a broken record.

Reactions: zoomis

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
the wind has been taken from my sails...i'll probably still get it....if i didn't have another upgrade coming in a couple months on top of my current one...i would seriously consider waiting

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to say this nicely - we all know how you feel about this phone. You think it's underspeced...that's fine. That isn't what this thread is about. I'm directing it at people who feel, largely due to the delays (yes, delays) that have occurred, the Nexus has lost some of its shine.

If you'd like to discuss what you feel are technological shortcomings, by all means, create and devote a thread to it. It's a legitimate topic of conversation for many. But please stop injecting those comments where they don't belong - you sound like a broken record.

Fortunately I don't need to be a broken record anymore as the Zeitgeist has shifted to my side. My work is done.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It kind of lost a little of its luster to me but I'm sure once it gets closer to an actual release then I'll get reeled back in. It seems far now but really its not, and I think it'll still be worth it in the end.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
If you're work is done, then by all means, you and your Zeitgeist are more than welcome to start your own thread.

On that note, in your OP you asked whether excitement has died down for other people, implying that all perceived shortcomings are legitimate to the discussion, and then you went on to specify why it died down for you, which was because of delays. So as you see, my contention is perfectly on topic.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
On that note, in your OP you asked whether excitement has died down for other people, implying that all perceived shortcomings are legitimate to the discussion, and then you went on to specify why it died down for you, which was because of delays. So as you see, my contention is perfectly on topic.

Actually no, "dies down" implies there was a level of excitement to being with, hence the decrease. You've been negative from the beginning. And phrasing your posts like a first year law student/philosophy minor doesn't make your failed assertions valid.

belniente

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
My excitement has died down a little... but I am certain it is only temporary. When the date is released I will be SUPER EXCITED and when it is actually in my hands I will be so gleeful I will momentarily forget the nastiness I've seen among the community regarding the device. In the end, it's still the Galaxy Nexus, soon to be my first smartphone and (from reviews so far) no more or less than exactly what I want out of a smartphone.

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Excitement fading. I know as soon as I can preorder/order I will be jumping for joy and as soon as I get it I will be so pumped*!

VS910 4G Kangwich
*until the next major phone is being discussed in the forums. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar