why does verizon choose to be so silent?

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Why, when I'm sure they know of the disappointment in this device so far, does Verizon choose to be so quiet when a simple addressing of the situation would cause a cooling of the fires?

It's ironic that a communications company...isn't communicating with their customer base. This could be an opportunity for them to shine.

Just say anything! Say it's coming the 8th of December or "Hey guys, we appreciate your patience and we know this device highly anticipated, but there have been some challenges and plan to overcome them soon thus allowing us to deliver a more than solid device and experience." Something like that would even be cool.

Thoughts?

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why they are choosing to do so, I can say even a simple apology about the delay in release for whatever internal reasons would be acceptable...to hear nothing is worse than hearing they are having issues and need a couple more weeks.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
honestly the simplest explanation is that they wanna sell a bunch of razr's and rezounds. announcing the gnex date hurts sales for those two, plain and simple

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think they do not want to say anything for 2 reasons:
1. There may be issues like the gsm version and they are still testing and no eta as of yet OR
2. They want to give the razr and rezound a few weeks in the limelight and maybe even a black friday deal before announcing the nexus.

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why they are choosing to do so, I can say even a simple apology about the delay in release for whatever internal reasons would be acceptable...to hear nothing is worse than hearing they are having issues and need a couple more weeks.

They owe no apology. The device hasn't had a date set yet therefor technically it's not late.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Another possibility: problems were found during testing/with distribution/etc, and they don't want to give a release date that they can't honor with certainty. Is giving a date and missing it worse than waiting for a concrete one?

Sent from my Nexus S

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
They owe no apology. The device hasn't had a date set yet therefor technically it's not late.

This.

They DID communicate! They said the device would be released before the end of the year. Last I checked my calendar it said 2011. When the ball drops and Galaxy Nexus hasn't then we can all commence our ing and complaining!

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

I was waiting for this response. I think you missed the point of my post. You're right, it's technically not late, but we know it's coming, they know we know it's coming. Why play dumb and quiet? Just talk to us! Say anything.

mynewride

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
it also keeps the rumor mill going. this is like free advertisement. most of us are going to hold out. so the problem is not hurting them. why change it. keep the buzz going while they fix any supposed problems. if they came out and said sorry guys its going to be 1.5 months. many would give up and either buy something else or change carriers for some other phone.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I read that the volume problem has been solved in europe....it was an issue with 2g or something and they are already fixing it........so that issue is not an excuse. They want to sell razors......its their company....whatever

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was waiting for this response. I think you missed the point of my post. You're right, it's technically not late, but we know it's coming, they know we know it's coming. Why play dumb and quiet? Just talk to us! Say anything.

Companies don't like to publish bad news(or apologies). If Verizon were to release a statement saying the phone is having issues that will just stir up a whole new batch of speculation. Also, I'm sure they still have their focus set on phones that actually allow them to ship all their crap-ware with the package.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon isn't in any hurry to announce it. Why should they be? We want the announcement because we want the phone. Verizon is selling other big phones right now...where is the hurry to make an announcement from Verizon's perspective?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

How can the offer an apology for a 'delay in release' when they have never specified an actual release date? So, where is the delay?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Verizon spent X dollars to promote Razr to sell Y units. That's Verizon's main priority. Until Verizon is comfortable with number of Droid units sold there's no hurry to release the GN.

When Verizon said "later this year" we all worried that could mean a significant delay.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I just think Verizon could say something...instead all these rumors and crappy screen captures are just causing panic and confusion over this device. Verizon is in a position to at least set some records straight. Just announce dates already for crying out loud, we know the device exists and that it's coming already. Why would you not want to say something by now?

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Because they want you to buy something else.

Exactly. They have 2 top phones they're promoting right now. The only people that know about the Galaxy Nexus are the people that follow Android on the internet and a few people that have seen the couple of news interviews. This group of people makes up a minority of the verizon customers and potential customers. When they're comfortable with the sales of these devices they'll introduce the GN.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. They have 2 top phones they're promoting right now. The only people that know about the Galaxy Nexus are the people that follow Android on the internet and a few people that have seen the couple of news interviews. This group of people makes up a minority of the verizon customers and potential customers. When they're comfortable with the sales of these devices they'll introduce the GN.

Actually if you look at the Google Trends for the past week the Galaxy Nexus is receiving more search queries than the Droid RAZR. That's amazing considering all the advertising Verizon is doing for the RAZR.

I'm sure Verizon's marketing research team is aware of this and that has a lot to do with a Dec 8th release. Verizon doesn't want the GN siphoning sales away from the RAZR.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually if you look at the Google Trends for the past week the Galaxy Nexus is receiving more search queries than the Droid RAZR. That's amazing considering all the advertising Verizon is doing for the RAZR.

I'm sure Verizon's marketing research team is aware of this and that has a lot to do with a Dec 8th release. Verizon doesn't want the GN siphoning sales away from the RAZR.

You also have to figure more people are looking for a release for the nexus hence more searches for nexus. Once it is released that will drop significantly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci